- vi. 飞,飞行 move through the air as a bird does, or in an aircraft
- vi. & vt. 乘飞机飞越; 乘…的飞机 travel over in an aircraft
- vi. & vt. 驾驶(飞机等); 以飞机运输(货物,乘客) direct or control the flight of (aircraft); transport goods or passengers in aircraft
- vi. (时间)过得快; (动作)疾驰; 迅速而过 go or move quickly; rush along; pass quickly
- vi. (旗)飘动 raise (a flag) so that it waves
- vt. 使飞,放 raise in the air on the end of a thread, rope, etc.
- vt. 逃离; 逃出 flee from
- vi. 碎成片 burst or break (in many small pieces)
- [C]苍蝇 type of insect with two wings, especially the house fly
two-winged insects characterized by active flight
flap consisting of a piece of canvas that can be drawn back to provide entrance to a tent
an opening in a garment that is closed by a zipper or by buttons concealed under a fold of cloth
(baseball) a hit that flies up in the air
fisherman's lure consisting of a fishhook decorated to look like an insect
(British informal) not to be deceived or hoodwinked
travel through the air; be airborne;
"Man cannot fly"
move quickly or suddenly;
"He flew about the place"
operate an airplane;
"The pilot flew to Cuba"
transport by aeroplane;
"We fly flowers from the Caribbean to North America"
cause to fly or float;
"fly a kite"
be dispersed or disseminated;
"Rumors and accusations are flying"
change quickly from one emotional state to another;
"fly into a rage"
pass away rapidly;
"Time flies like an arrow"
"Time fleeing beneath him"
travel in an airplane;
"she is flying to Cincinnati tonight"
"Are we driving or flying?"
display in the air or cause to float;
"fly a kite"
"All nations fly their flags in front of the U.N."
run away quickly;
"He threw down his gun and fled"
travel over (an area of land or sea) in an aircraft;
"Lindbergh was the first to fly the Atlantic"
hit a fly
decrease rapidly and disappear;
"the money vanished in las Vegas"
"all my stock assets have vaporized"
- The aircraft was flying above thick fog.
- How time flies!
- She will drive to, but fly back from, London.
- Only experienced pilots fly large passenger aircraft.
- He was warned to fly from the emperor's wrath.
- We could see the enemy fly before our forces.
- Each Member shall require all ships that fly its flag to have a copy of this Convention available on board.
- Some motorcycle taxi drivers proudly fly the star spangled banner in place of the Ugandan flag which normally adorns their wing-mirror.
- Waiter, there's a fly in my soup! That's OK, Sir, there's no extra charge!
- I wish I could be a fly on the wall when they discuss my future.
- The bird caught a bug on the fly.
- Peter is nothing but a fly on the wheel.
- Birds can fly with their wings.
- A large bird has flown onto the pond.
- A bird flew across the sky.
- The aeroplane was flying.
- The aircraft was flying above thick fog.
- The plane flew low, nearly skimming the sea.
- Arrows were flying thick and fast from the fort.
- The player gave a great kick, and the football flew across the field.
- A paper kite flies.
- He has flown for years.
- We've been flying for some 23 hours altogether.
- “Did you go by sea?”“No, we flew”.
- The flying-instructor told her she was to fly solo the next day.
- Time flies.
- Time really flies!
- Pleasant hours fly fast.
- The last few days of the vacation have simply flown.
- I'm late. I must fly.
- We could see the enemy fly before our forces.
- They flew down the road.
- He flew down the road in a car.
- A few minutes later he was flying down the road on his bicycle.
- Fly for a doctor!
- He flew for his life.
- The two boys flew on and on towards the village, speechless with horror.
- He helped them to fly for safety when the floods were out.
- The children flew to meet their mother.
- The king's banner was flying above his tent.
- The national flag was flying above the parliament building.
- This glass easily flies.
- The door flew open and in dashed a gentleman with a serviette round his neck.
- He flew the aeroplane.
- The flier flew a new-type jet plane.
- He flew a bomber during the war.
- They were the first two Englishmen to fly the Atlantic.
- He often flies Eastern Airlines.
- The boys are flying kites.
- You can't fly a kite if there's no wind.
- I wouldn't take what he said seriously; he was only flying a kite.
- He was forced to fly his country.
- He flew the country.
- The robbers have flown the country.
- A girl of the German team was flying two steps ahead of Wilma.
- The ship was flying the British flag.
- The warship was flying the national flag.
- What flag is the ship flying?
- He run away with his flying feet.
- The army came back with flying colours.
- He paid a flying visit to Kunming.
- A fly is on the ceiling.
- He looks as though he would not hurt a fly.
- The dead chicken is covered in flies.
- The flies are very annoying.
- We are suffering from a plague of flies.
- He caught many flies.
- He constantly fanned the flies away.
- A cloud of flies hum in the air.
- He was but a fly by an eagle.
- They had a fly in an airplane for four hours.
- We took a long fly yesterday.
- fly about (v.+adv.)
四处飞散 spread or splash
The birds were flying about and twittering with delight.
A bee flew about in the room.
Butterflies are flying about among the flowers.
- fly at (v.+prep.)
以…速度〔高度〕飞行 fly at certain speed〔hight〕
- fly away (v.+adv.)
离开,飞离 leave by flying
When he saw the police, the thief flew away .
Then they flew away into their hiding place.
The plane flew away from the airport.
- fly by1 (v.+adv.)
迅速过去 pass quickly
- fly by2 (v.+prep.)
飞越 fly past
- fly from (v.+prep.)
在…飘扬 move by air in
- fly in1 (v.+adv.)
使(飞机、乘客或货物)降落 cause (an aircraft, a passenger, or cargo) to land
fly ⇔ sb/sth in
The pilot managed to fly the damaged bomber in safely on one engine.
The government authorities immediately flew in doctors and medical supplies in response to an epidemic reported in the area .
- fly in2 (v.+prep.)
成…图形飞行 travel in the shape of by air
- fly into (v.+prep.)
乘飞机到达 arrive in
fly into sth
He flew into a great passion.
At the words he flew into a rage.
The child flew into a rage and began scattering its toys about.
She flew into a rage as soon as she read the letter.
As soon as he finished reading the letter, he flew into a rage and tore it into pieces.
Acting like an empress, she often flew into a rage when people refused to obey her.
He flew into a temper when I mentioned her name.
She is at the change of life and is apt to fly into an angry fit.
The children flew into raptures when they saw the boundless sea.
孩子们看到那无边无际的大海时欣喜若狂。fly into sth
An insect flew into my eye.
Birds cause damage when they fly into plane engines.
You can catch these insects by tempting them to fly into a trap.
你可以引诱这些昆虫飞进罗网从而捉住它们。fly sth into sth
Tons of freight were flown into this airport every day.
- fly off1 (v.+adv.)
突然跑掉 come off violently
- fly off2 (v.+prep.)
(使)飞离 leave flying
fly off sth
A plane this size can't fly off such a short runway.
这么大的飞机不能从如此短的跑道上起飞。fly sth off sth
Three wounded sailors were flown off the ship.
- fly off with (v.+adv.+prep.)
未经允许拿走… take (usually sth) away without permission
- fly out (v.+adv.)
(使)乘飞机去遥远的地方 (cause to) move by air to a distant place
Realizing that he had been detected, the thief flew out of the door.
小偷意识到自己已被发觉,便从门里冲出去了。fly sb/sth ⇔ out
The army arranged to fly the men out to the troubled island.
No crops can grow here in the frozen North, so all the vegetables have to be flown out.
- fly over1 (v.+adv.)
飞到另一个地方去 move by air to another place
- fly over2 (v.+prep.)
飞过 move over or cross
fly over sth
Planes fly over the house all day, making a terrible noise.
- fly to (v.+prep.)
飞往 travel by air
fly sb/sth to sth
He is flying his car to Europe.
They flew medical supplies to the city.
They flew arms to a country.
Five thousand passengers were flown to Paris during Easter weekend.
Three hundred passengers are flown to Guangzhou each day by this airline.
They were flown to the destination.
She was quickly flown to the big hospital in Kunming.
很快就用飞机把她送到昆明的大医院里。fly to sth
I'm flying to Guangzhou tonight.
They are flying to Shanghai tomorrow.
We're flying to Los Angeles next week.
We flew northward to the Changjiang River Valley.
In winter they fly south to places that have no snow.
它们冬天飞往南方不下雪的地方去。fly sth to sth
He flew his private plane to Florida.
- fly up (v.+adv.)
上升 rise or seem to rise
The bird flew up onto the tree.
那鸟飞到了树上。fly up to-v
The general flew up to see his soldiers.
My heart flew up into my mouth when I saw the risk that the child was taking.
- fly upon (v.+prep.)
fly upon sb
The dog flew upon a stranger.
- a/the fly in the ointment
美中不足之处,煞风景的东西 a small uncounted thing that spoils the pleasure, perfection, etc.
- a fly on the wall
隐蔽的或不引人注意的旁观者 hidden or unnoticed observer
- break〔crush〕 a fly on〔upon〕 the wheel
小题大做 make a fuss over trifling matter
- fly on the wheel
狂妄自大的人,盲目自负的人 an arrogant and conceited person
- give it a fly
试一试 have a try
- like flies
大批地,大量地 in a great number
- on the fly
- rise to the fly
(鱼)上钩,(人)上当 swallow the bait
- there are no flies on
(事情,交易等)无可指责,没有不当的地方 give no cause for criticism
- wouldn't hurt a fly
连只苍蝇都不肯伤害,心地善良 be kind and gentle and unwilling to cause unhappiness
- fly a flag 升旗
- fly a flight 进行一次飞行
- fly a kite 放风筝
- fly a mission 驾机执行任务
- fly a pigeon 放鸽子
- fly a plane in safety 使飞机安全降落
- fly passengers 运载旅客
- fly sb's wrath 逃避某人的暴怒
- fly spacecraft 驾驶飞船
- fly supplies 空运物资
- fly the approach of danger 逃避危险
- fly the cage (鸟)从笼子里飞掉了
- fly the country 逃出国境
- fly the iron beam 沿铁路飞行
- fly the merchandise 空运货物
- fly the Pacific 飞越太平洋
- fly daily 每日运送〔飞行〕
- fly fast (时间)过得快
- fly home 飞回家
- fly low 低飞,潜伏起来,销声匿迹
- fly right 为人正派
- fly basely 卑鄙地逃离
- fly cheerfully 愉快地飞行
- fly easily 容易碎裂
- fly gracefully (姿势)优美的驾驶
- fly incontinently 不停地飞
- fly monthly 每月运送〔飞行〕
- fly professionally 以驾驶(飞机)为职业
- fly quarterly 每季运送〔飞行〕
- fly swiftly 飞奔,敏捷地驾驶
- fly yearly 每年运送〔飞行〕
- fly about 四处飞翔,飞来飞去
- fly apart 飞散,粉碎
- fly around 四处飞翔,飞来飞去
- fly away 逃跑,消失
- fly away from 离开…飞出去
- fly away to 窜逃到
- fly back 飞回
- fly in 飞进来,(使)降落,(使)坐飞机到达
- fly off 飞散,飞逝,飞离,挥发
- fly out 飞出,乘飞机飞出,突然冲出,突然发怒
- fly round (轮子)急转
- fly up 向上〔北〕飞,升起,突然发怒
- fly above 在…上空飞行
- fly across the sky 飞过天空
- fly against the wind 逆风飞行
- fly at 在…(高度)飞行,以…(速度)飞行,扑向,攻击
- fly before 顺风疾驰
- fly for 快去做…,逃命
- fly from 从…飞到…
- fly in 坐…飞
- fly in the air 在空中飞
- fly into 空运,发怒
- fly on 靠…飞行,沿(航线)飞行,向…发脾气〔袭击〕
- fly over 飞越…
- fly through the air 从空中飞过
- fly to Nanjing 飞往南京
- fly with the wind 顺风飞行
- fly before the enemy 临阵脱逃
- fly down the street 沿街跑去
- fly for a doctor 急忙去请医生
- fly for one's life 逃命
- fly from one's home 离家出走
- fly in the face of 公然违抗,侮辱
- fly in the teeth of 公然违抗,侮辱
- fly into 突发
- fly to arms 迅速武装起来
- fly upon 猛烈攻击
- fruit fly 果蝇
He would not hurt a fly.出自： Hazlitt
A long high fly which was easily caught.出自： J. T. Farrell
He was too fly to let anyone pin so much as a charity flag on him.出自： A. Price
Are you fly to what's going on?出自： P. Ackroyd
A pigeon flew in through the open hay door.出自： J. Steinbeck
- fly还可作“飞奔”“飞驰”解,指人、汽车、火车以极快的速度向前行进或指时间飞快的流逝。fly也可表示“在空中飘动”“自由地移动”“猛然移动”,作此解时, fly是不及物动词,其后一般须加副词。
- fly还可作“逃离”“逃出”解,指某人〔某物〕仓促地逃走〔跑〕, fly还可表示“打碎成小片”。
- fly是可数名词,意思是“苍蝇”,尤指家蝇, a cloud of flies表示“一群苍蝇”。
- 习语The bird has flown指的是“所要找的那个人已经离去了”；
He flies to Moscow tomorrow.
- The thief was flying from justice.
- The thief was flying justice.
- a fly man 马车车夫
- a flying man 飞行员
- a fly boat 快艇
- a flying boat 飞船
- fly, escape, flee, run away
- 这组词(组)都有“跑开”“逃跑”“逃亡”的意思。其区别在于:escape多表示逃跑后的结果(如未被捕获,并不指逃跑的动作); flee表示逃跑的行为本身,常含有“惧怕”的意味。例如:
- Many people fled the burning hotel.许多人逃离了着火的旅馆。
- There was evidence that the burglars had been frightened and had fled.有证据说窃贼是受惊之后仓皇逃走的。
- Why did the sportsman fly his country?为什么那个运动员叛逃到国外去呢?
- run away多用于口语,指不让人知道,有时含有“不辞而别”的意味。例如:
- He ran away twice from his boarding school.他两次从寄宿学校出走。
- fly, drive, pilot, ride, steer
- 开汽车时用drive; 驾驶轮船用pilot; 骑自行车用ride; 如果表示操纵汽车、轮船或自行车的方向,就用steer; 但谈及飞机时, fly和pilot这两个既可表示“驾驶”又表示操纵飞机的方向。例如:
- He was driving car along the road.他沿着马路行驶。
- Can you ride a bicycle?你会骑自行车吗?
- He was the first man ever to fly that type of aircraft.他是驾驶那种飞机的第一人。
- She steered with one hand while trying to adjust the rear-view mirror with the other.她用一只手操纵方向盘,而用另一只手调整后视镜。
- He piloted a ship through the canal.他引领着船只通过运河。
误 Without a second thought,Elizabeth flew into his arms.
正 Without a second thought,Elizabeth throw herself into his arms.
析 表示“扑到某人怀里”,应该说throw oneself into sb's arms,不能说fly into sb's arms。鸟儿飞翔在我的房屋上空。
误 The birds flew my house.
正 The birds flew over my house.
析 fly作“飞”解时是不及物动词,因此表示“在…上方飞行”时要用fly over。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的fleogan，意为飞，飞虫。