- vi. 飞,飞行 move through the air as a bird does, or in an aircraft
- vi. & vt. 乘飞机飞越; 乘…的飞机 travel over in an aircraft
- vi. & vt. 驾驶(飞机等); 以飞机运输(货物,乘客) direct or control the flight of (aircraft); transport goods or passengers in aircraft
- vi. (时间)过得快; (动作)疾驰; 迅速而过 go or move quickly; rush along; pass quickly
- vi. (旗)飘动 raise (a flag) so that it waves
- vt. 使飞,放 raise in the air on the end of a thread, rope, etc.
- vt. 逃离; 逃出 flee from
- vi. 碎成片 burst or break (in many small pieces)
- [C]苍蝇 type of insect with two wings, especially the house fly
- two-winged insects characterized by active flight
- flap consisting of a piece of canvas that can be drawn back to provide entrance to a tent
- an opening in a garment that is closed by a zipper or by buttons concealed under a fold of cloth
- (baseball) a hit that flies up in the air
- fisherman's lure consisting of a fishhook decorated to look like an insect
- (British informal) not to be deceived or hoodwinked
- travel through the air; be airborne;
"Man cannot fly"
- move quickly or suddenly;
"He flew about the place"
- operate an airplane;
"The pilot flew to Cuba"
- transport by aeroplane;
"We fly flowers from the Caribbean to North America"
- cause to fly or float;
"fly a kite"
- be dispersed or disseminated;
"Rumors and accusations are flying"
- change quickly from one emotional state to another;
"fly into a rage"
- pass away rapidly;
"Time flies like an arrow"
"Time fleeing beneath him"
- travel in an airplane;
"she is flying to Cincinnati tonight"
"Are we driving or flying?"
- display in the air or cause to float;
"fly a kite"
"All nations fly their flags in front of the U.N."
- run away quickly;
"He threw down his gun and fled"
- travel over (an area of land or sea) in an aircraft;
"Lindbergh was the first to fly the Atlantic"
- hit a fly
- decrease rapidly and disappear;
"the money vanished in las Vegas"
"all my stock assets have vaporized"
- The aircraft was flying above thick fog.
- How time flies!
- She will drive to, but fly back from, London.
- Only experienced pilots fly large passenger aircraft.
- He was warned to fly from the emperor's wrath.
- We could see the enemy fly before our forces.
- Each Member shall require all ships that fly its flag to have a copy of this Convention available on board.
- Some motorcycle taxi drivers proudly fly the star spangled banner in place of the Ugandan flag which normally adorns their wing-mirror.
- I wish I could be a fly on the wall when they discuss my future.
- The bird caught a bug on the fly.
- Peter is nothing but a fly on the wheel.
Birds can fly with their wings.
A large bird has flown onto the pond.
A bird flew across the sky.
The aeroplane was flying.
The aircraft was flying above thick fog.
The plane flew low, nearly skimming the sea.
Arrows were flying thick and fast from the fort.
The player gave a great kick, and the football flew across the field.
A paper kite flies.
He has flown for years.
We've been flying for some 23 hours altogether.
“Did you go by sea?”“No, we flew”.
The flying-instructor told her she was to fly solo the next day.
Time really flies!
Pleasant hours fly fast.
The last few days of the vacation have simply flown.
I'm late. I must fly.
We could see the enemy fly before our forces.
They flew down the road.
He flew down the road in a car.
A few minutes later he was flying down the road on his bicycle.
Fly for a doctor!
He flew for his life.
The two boys flew on and on towards the village, speechless with horror.
He helped them to fly for safety when the floods were out.
The children flew to meet their mother.
The king's banner was flying above his tent.
The national flag was flying above the parliament building.
This glass easily flies.
The door flew open and in dashed a gentleman with a serviette round his neck.
He flew the aeroplane.
The flier flew a new-type jet plane.
He flew a bomber during the war.
They were the first two Englishmen to fly the Atlantic.
He often flies Eastern Airlines.
The boys are flying kites.
You can't fly a kite if there's no wind.
I wouldn't take what he said seriously; he was only flying a kite.
He was forced to fly his country.
He flew the country.
The robbers have flown the country.
A girl of the German team was flying two steps ahead of Wilma.
The ship was flying the British flag.
The warship was flying the national flag.
What flag is the ship flying?
He run away with his flying feet.
The army came back with flying colours.
He paid a flying visit to Kunming.
A fly is on the ceiling.
He looks as though he would not hurt a fly.
The dead chicken is covered in flies.
The flies are very annoying.
We are suffering from a plague of flies.
He caught many flies.
He constantly fanned the flies away.
A cloud of flies hum in the air.
He was but a fly by an eagle.
They had a fly in an airplane for four hours.
We took a long fly yesterday.
- fly about (v.+adv.)
四处飞散 spread or splash fly about
The birds were flying about and twittering with delight.鸟儿四处飞翔,嘁嘁喳喳地欢叫。
A bee flew about in the room.一只蜜蜂在房间里飞来飞去。
Butterflies are flying about among the flowers.蝴蝶在花丛中飞舞。
- 四处飞散 spread or splash fly about
- fly at (v.+prep.)
扑向; 猛烈攻击 attack sb suddenly and violently
The dog flew at me. 那只狗向我扑来。
The fierce dog flew at the stranger. 那只凶猛的狗向陌生人扑去。
The cat flew at the mouse. 猫向老鼠扑去。
The cat flew at the mouse before it had a chance to escape. 那只老鼠还没来得及逃走就被猫逮住了。
The man sprang from his bed and flew at my throat. 那人从床上跳了起来,直向我的喉部扑来。
冲着…发怒 be angry at
One day the man flew at me in a temper. 一天,那个人冲着我大发脾气。
I don't understand why she flew at me like that.Did I offend her? 我弄不懂她为什么对我发那么大的火,难道我得罪她了?
I've never seen her fly at him like that before. 我以前从未见过她对他这样大发脾气。
She often flies at me for nothing. 她常常无缘无故地对我发火。
以…速度〔高度〕飞行 fly at certain speed〔hight〕
The new airplane flies at twice the speed of sound. 这种新研制的飞机能以声速两倍的速度飞行。
The plane was flying at the altitude of 2000 metres. 这时飞机的高度是2000公尺。
- 扑向; 猛烈攻击 attack sb suddenly and violently
- fly away (v.+adv.)
离开,飞离 leave by flying fly away
When he saw the police, the thief flew away .那小偷一看见警察,就飞一样地逃跑了。
Then they flew away into their hiding place.后来他们逃窜到藏身的地方去了。
The plane flew away from the airport.那架飞机离开机场飞出去了。
- 离开,飞离 leave by flying fly away
- fly by1 (v.+adv.)
飞过 fly quickly past
A bullet just flew by, but missed me. 一颗子弹只是飞过,并没有打中我。
A rare bird has just flown by. 一只罕见的鸟刚飞了过去。
迅速过去 pass quickly
The summer flew by. 夏天迅速过去。
- 飞过 fly quickly past
- fly by2 (v.+prep.)
在…飞行 fly at
I have never liked flying by night. 我从来不愿在夜间飞行。
靠…飞行 travel by air
In misty weather, the pilots have to fly by instruments. 雾天飞行员只得靠仪器飞行。
飞越 fly past
One hundred planes will fly by the castle.100 架飞机将飞越城堡上空。
- 在…飞行 fly at
- fly from (v.+prep.)
从…飞出; 飞来 leave by air from
Which airport are you flying from? 你从哪个机场飞来的?
We flew from London to Paris. 我们从伦敦飞抵巴黎。
He was forced to fly from home. 他被迫离家逃走。
She flew from the room. 她冲出房间。
I flew from the station to the worksite. 我一路跑着从车站赶到工地。
Sparks flew from the points of their ice axes. 冰镐尖上闪出了火花。
避开 escape from
You must fly from the danger! 你必须避开这种危险。
在…飘扬 move by air in
I lifted my head and looked up.Red flags were flying from the top of the mountain. 我抬头望去,只见山顶上红旗招展。
- 从…飞出; 飞来 leave by air from
- fly in1 (v.+adv.)
使(飞机、乘客或货物)降落 cause (an aircraft, a passenger, or cargo) to land fly ⇔ sb/sth in
The pilot managed to fly the damaged bomber in safely on one engine.飞行员靠一台发动机设法使坏了的轰炸机安然降落。
The government authorities immediately flew in doctors and medical supplies in response to an epidemic reported in the area .据报告该地区发生了疫情,政府当局立即把医生和医药用品空运进去。
- 使(飞机、乘客或货物)降落 cause (an aircraft, a passenger, or cargo) to land fly ⇔ sb/sth in
- fly in2 (v.+prep.)
乘…飞行 travel by sth
I'm scared to fly in an aeroplane. 我怕坐飞机。
I haven't yet flown in one of those very big planes. 我还没有乘坐过这么大型的飞机。
飘扬 move by air
The national flag flies high in Tian An Men Square. 国旗在天安门广场高高飘扬。
The bird is flying high in the sky. 那只鸟在空中高高飞翔。
成…图形飞行 travel in the shape of by air
Wild ducks fly in a V-shape when they are going south for the winter. 野鸭子排成V形飞到南方去过冬。
- 乘…飞行 travel by sth
- fly into (v.+prep.)
突然迸发 come out violently fly into sth
He flew into a great passion.他勃然大怒。
At the words he flew into a rage.听了这话,他勃然大怒。
The child flew into a rage and began scattering its toys about.这孩子突发狂怒,把玩具扔得满地都是。
She flew into a rage as soon as she read the letter.她一看完信就大发脾气。
As soon as he finished reading the letter, he flew into a rage and tore it into pieces.他一读完那封信,顿时大发雷霆,随即便把信撕个粉碎。
Acting like an empress, she often flew into a rage when people refused to obey her.她的举止俨然像个女皇,人们稍有违抗,她便大耍淫威。
He flew into a temper when I mentioned her name.我提到她的名字时,他勃然大怒。
She is at the change of life and is apt to fly into an angry fit.她正处于更年期,动不动就发一通脾气。
The children flew into raptures when they saw the boundless sea.孩子们看到那无边无际的大海时欣喜若狂。
飞进,撞上 come across fly into sth
An insect flew into my eye.一个虫子飞进我的眼里。
Birds cause damage when they fly into plane engines.鸟飞进飞机发动机里会毁坏飞机。
You can catch these insects by tempting them to fly into a trap.你可以引诱这些昆虫飞进罗网从而捉住它们。
乘飞机到达 arrive in fly sth into sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
Tons of freight were flown into this airport every day.每天有许多吨货物被空运到这个机场。
- 突然迸发 come out violently fly into sth
- fly off1 (v.+adv.)
飞出; 飞跑 leave flying
The birds flew off at the firing of the gun. 一开枪鸟儿就飞走了。
He flew off to the station in the hope of catching the train. 他飞快地奔向车站,希望能赶上火车。
突然跑掉 come off violently
When I was driving very fast, one of the wheels of my wagon flew off. 我正飞快地赶车前进时,篷车的一个轮子突然脱落了。
- 飞出; 飞跑 leave flying
- fly off2 (v.+prep.)
(使)飞离 leave flying fly off sth
A plane this size can't fly off such a short runway.这么大的飞机不能从如此短的跑道上起飞。fly sth off sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
Three wounded sailors were flown off the ship.船上3名受伤的水手被飞机运走了。
- (使)飞离 leave flying fly off sth
- fly off with (v.+adv.+prep.)
与…一起飞离,携带…飞离 leave together with (sb/sth) by flying
The family flew off with all their possessions. 这家人携带着他们所有的财物乘飞机离去。
未经允许拿走… take (usually sth) away without permission
Someone has flown off with my blue bag. 有人偷走了我的蓝色提包。
- 与…一起飞离,携带…飞离 leave together with (sb/sth) by flying
- fly out (v.+adv.)
突然冲出 rush or dart out suddenly fly out
Realizing that he had been detected, the thief flew out of the door.小偷意识到自己已被发觉,便从门里冲出去了。
(使)乘飞机去遥远的地方 (cause to) move by air to a distant place fly sb/sth ⇔ out
The army arranged to fly the men out to the troubled island.军队安排飞机把士兵运到发生动乱的岛上去。用于 be ～ed 结构
No crops can grow here in the frozen North, so all the vegetables have to be flown out.在严寒的北方,什么庄稼也不长,所有的蔬菜都得用飞机运去。
- 突然冲出 rush or dart out suddenly fly out
- fly over1 (v.+adv.)
飞过 fly or pass above a place
Planes fly over all day. 一整天都有飞机飞过。
飞到另一个地方去 move by air to another place
I think I'll fly over and see my relatives in the next state. 我想我得飞到邻州去看我的亲戚。
- 飞过 fly or pass above a place
- fly over2 (v.+prep.)
飞过 move over or cross fly over sth
Planes fly over the house all day, making a terrible noise.飞机整天在房子上空飞过,噪音很大。
- 飞过 move over or cross fly over sth
- fly to (v.+prep.)
空运 deliver sth by air fly sb/sth to sth
He is flying his car to Europe.他准备把他的轿车空运到欧洲去。
They flew medical supplies to the city.他们向该城空运医药用品。
They flew arms to a country.他们把武器空运到某国。用于 be ～ed 结构
Five thousand passengers were flown to Paris during Easter weekend.复活节的周末有5000名旅客飞到巴黎。
Three hundred passengers are flown to Guangzhou each day by this airline.这家航空公司每天运往广州300名乘客。
They were flown to the destination.他们被空运到目的地。
She was quickly flown to the big hospital in Kunming.很快就用飞机把她送到昆明的大医院里。
飞往 travel by air fly to sth
I'm flying to Guangzhou tonight.我今晚将乘飞机去广州。
They are flying to Shanghai tomorrow.明天他们飞往上海。
We're flying to Los Angeles next week.下星期我们将乘飞机到洛杉矶。
We flew northward to the Changjiang River Valley.我们往北向长江流域飞。
In winter they fly south to places that have no snow.它们冬天飞往南方不下雪的地方去。fly sth to sth
He flew his private plane to Florida.他驾着他的私人飞机飞往佛罗里达州。
- 空运 deliver sth by air fly sb/sth to sth
- fly up (v.+adv.)
向上飞或向北飞 move by flying in an upward or northerly direction fly up
The bird flew up onto the tree.那鸟飞到了树上。fly up to-v
The general flew up to see his soldiers.将军乘机北上去看望他的士兵。
上升 rise or seem to rise fly up
My heart flew up into my mouth when I saw the risk that the child was taking.看到那个孩子的冒险行为时,我的心都要跳出来了。
- 向上飞或向北飞 move by flying in an upward or northerly direction fly up
- fly upon (v.+prep.)
袭击 attack fly upon sb
The dog flew upon a stranger.狗向一位陌生人猛扑过去。
- 袭击 attack fly upon sb
- a/the fly in the ointment
美中不足之处,煞风景的东西 a small uncounted thing that spoils the pleasure, perfection, etc.
I find the house wonderful, but there is a fly in the ointment, it's too far from the town. 我觉得那房子太好了,可是有一点不足,就是距离市区太远了。
There was only one fly in the ointment, so far as the article was concerned; that was the careless handwriting. 就这篇文章来说,唯一美中不足的就是字迹太潦草。
- 美中不足之处,煞风景的东西 a small uncounted thing that spoils the pleasure, perfection, etc.
- a fly on the wall
隐蔽的或不引人注意的旁观者 hidden or unnoticed observer
I wish I could be a fly on the wall when they discuss my future. 当他们讨论我的前途时,我恨不得能偷偷旁观。
- 隐蔽的或不引人注意的旁观者 hidden or unnoticed observer
- break〔crush〕 a fly on〔upon〕 the wheel
小题大做 make a fuss over trifling matter
To spend so much time and money on it is really breaking a fly on the wheel. 在这件事上费这么多时间和金钱真是小题大做。
- 小题大做 make a fuss over trifling matter
- fly on the wheel
狂妄自大的人,盲目自负的人 an arrogant and conceited person
He is a fly on the wheel. 他是个狂妄自大的人。
George Come! Confess, both of you!You were only a fly on the wheel. 乔治,来吧,你们俩自己承认吧!你们不过是狂妄自大的家伙。
- 狂妄自大的人,盲目自负的人 an arrogant and conceited person
- give it a fly
试一试 have a try
I'm willing to give it a fly if that's settled. 要是就这么定了,我愿意试一试。
They come in for miles to give it a fly. 他们从几英里外赶来试一试。
- 试一试 have a try
- like flies
大批地,大量地 in a great number
The POWs died like flies in concentration camps. 在集中营里,战俘们大批地死亡。
- 大批地,大量地 in a great number
- on the fly
在飞行〔行驶〕中 while still in the air before touching the ground
The bird caught a bug on the fly. 那鸟在飞行中捉住了一只昆虫。
He was late and caught the train on the fly. 他迟到了,火车开了他才跳上去。
He is very busy, and people who want to talk to him have to catch him on the fly. 他非常忙,人们要找他谈话只能在他百忙中抓个机会跟他谈。
- 在飞行〔行驶〕中 while still in the air before touching the ground
- rise to the fly
(鱼)上钩,(人)上当 swallow the bait
Because of lacking experience, he often rose to the fly. 由于缺乏经验,他常上当受骗。
- (鱼)上钩,(人)上当 swallow the bait
- there are no flies on
(某人)很机灵,不会上当,非常可靠 sb is clever and not easily tricked
There are no flies on James Bond. 詹姆斯·邦德是个很机灵的人。
(事情,交易等)无可指责,没有不当的地方 give no cause for criticism
There are no flies on this transaction. 这是件无可指责的交易。
There are no flies on his doing. 他的所作所为无可非议。
- (某人)很机灵,不会上当,非常可靠 sb is clever and not easily tricked
- wouldn't hurt a fly
连只苍蝇都不肯伤害,心地善良 be kind and gentle and unwilling to cause unhappiness
He looks as though he would not hurt a fly. 他看起来善良得好像连只苍蝇也不忍心伤害。
Byron would not hurt a fly except when he was drinking. 除非一杯酒下肚,否则拜伦是连苍蝇都不肯伤害一只的。
- 连只苍蝇都不肯伤害,心地善良 be kind and gentle and unwilling to cause unhappiness
- fly a flag 升旗
- fly a flight 进行一次飞行
- fly a kite 放风筝
- fly a mission 驾机执行任务
- fly a pigeon 放鸽子
- fly a plane in safety 使飞机安全降落
- fly passengers 运载旅客
- fly sb's wrath 逃避某人的暴怒
- fly spacecraft 驾驶飞船
- fly supplies 空运物资
- fly the approach of danger 逃避危险
- fly the cage (鸟)从笼子里飞掉了
- fly the country 逃出国境
- fly the iron beam 沿铁路飞行
- fly the merchandise 空运货物
- fly the Pacific 飞越太平洋
- fly daily 每日运送〔飞行〕
- fly fast (时间)过得快
- fly home 飞回家
- fly low 低飞,潜伏起来,销声匿迹
- fly right 为人正派
- fly basely 卑鄙地逃离
- fly cheerfully 愉快地飞行
- fly easily 容易碎裂
- fly gracefully (姿势)优美的驾驶
- fly incontinently 不停地飞
- fly monthly 每月运送〔飞行〕
- fly professionally 以驾驶(飞机)为职业
- fly quarterly 每季运送〔飞行〕
- fly swiftly 飞奔,敏捷地驾驶
- fly yearly 每年运送〔飞行〕
- fly about 四处飞翔,飞来飞去
- fly apart 飞散,粉碎
- fly around 四处飞翔,飞来飞去
- fly away 逃跑,消失
- fly away from 离开…飞出去
- fly away to 窜逃到
- fly back 飞回
- fly in 飞进来,(使)降落,(使)坐飞机到达
- fly off 飞散,飞逝,飞离,挥发
- fly out 飞出,乘飞机飞出,突然冲出,突然发怒
- fly round (轮子)急转
- fly up 向上〔北〕飞,升起,突然发怒
- fly above 在…上空飞行
- fly across the sky 飞过天空
- fly against the wind 逆风飞行
- fly at 在…(高度)飞行,以…(速度)飞行,扑向,攻击
- fly before 顺风疾驰
- fly for 快去做…,逃命
- fly from 从…飞到…
- fly in 坐…飞
- fly in the air 在空中飞
- fly into 空运,发怒
- fly on 靠…飞行,沿(航线)飞行,向…发脾气〔袭击〕
- fly over 飞越…
- fly through the air 从空中飞过
- fly to Nanjing 飞往南京
- fly with the wind 顺风飞行
- fly before the enemy 临阵脱逃
- fly down the street 沿街跑去
- fly for a doctor 急忙去请医生
- fly for one's life 逃命
- fly from one's home 离家出走
- fly in the face of 公然违抗,侮辱
- fly in the teeth of 公然违抗,侮辱
- fly into 突发
- fly to arms 迅速武装起来
- fly upon 猛烈攻击
- fruit fly 果蝇
He would not hurt a fly.出自：Hazlitt
A long high fly which was easily caught.出自：J. T. Farrell
He was too fly to let anyone pin so much as a charity flag on him.出自：A. Price
Are you fly to what's going on?出自：P. Ackroyd
A pigeon flew in through the open hay door.出自：J. Steinbeck
- 习语The bird has flown指的是“所要找的那个人已经离去了”；
He flies to Moscow tomorrow.
He is flying to Moscow tomorrow.
- fly还可作“飞奔”“飞驰”解,指人、汽车、火车以极快的速度向前行进或指时间飞快的流逝。fly也可表示“在空中飘动”“自由地移动”“猛然移动”,作此解时, fly是不及物动词,其后一般须加副词。
- fly还可作“逃离”“逃出”解,指某人〔某物〕仓促地逃走〔跑〕, fly还可表示“打碎成小片”。
- fly是可数名词,意思是“苍蝇”,尤指家蝇, a cloud of flies表示“一群苍蝇”。
- The thief was flying from justice.
- The thief was flying justice.
- a fly man 马车车夫
- a flying man 飞行员
- a fly boat 快艇
- a flying boat 飞船
- fly, escape, flee, run away
这组词(组)都有“跑开”“逃跑”“逃亡”的意思。其区别在于:escape多表示逃跑后的结果(如未被捕获,并不指逃跑的动作); flee表示逃跑的行为本身,常含有“惧怕”的意味。例如:Many people fled the burning hotel.许多人逃离了着火的旅馆。There was evidence that the burglars had been frightened and had fled.有证据说窃贼是受惊之后仓皇逃走的。fly强调“逃跑”的仓促性,通常带有紧急意味。例如:Why did the sportsman fly his country?为什么那个运动员叛逃到国外去呢?run away多用于口语,指不让人知道,有时含有“不辞而别”的意味。例如:He ran away twice from his boarding school.他两次从寄宿学校出走。
- fly, drive, pilot, ride, steer
这五个词都可表示“驾驶”。其区别是：开汽车时用drive; 驾驶轮船用pilot; 骑自行车用ride; 如果表示操纵汽车、轮船或自行车的方向,就用steer; 但谈及飞机时, fly和pilot这两个既可表示“驾驶”又表示操纵飞机的方向。例如:He was driving car along the road.他沿着马路行驶。Can you ride a bicycle?你会骑自行车吗?He was the first man ever to fly that type of aircraft.他是驾驶那种飞机的第一人。She steered with one hand while trying to adjust the rear-view mirror with the other.她用一只手操纵方向盘,而用另一只手调整后视镜。He piloted a ship through the canal.他引领着船只通过运河。
误 Without a second thought,Elizabeth flew into his arms.
正 Without a second thought,Elizabeth throw herself into his arms.
析 表示“扑到某人怀里”,应该说throw oneself into sb's arms,不能说fly into sb's arms。
误 The birds flew my house.
正 The birds flew over my house.
析 fly作“飞”解时是不及物动词,因此表示“在…上方飞行”时要用fly over。
错句：the mosquito flied across the room.
纠正：the mosquito flew across the room.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的fleagon，意为飞，飞虫。
- fly:专辑介绍 96年的专辑是 Fly ，是 Sarah Brightman所有专辑中的极品。可以视为 Sarah Brightman 艺术生涯的一个至高点。也是其将流行与古典相结合所表现得最为完美的专辑。…