- vt. & vi. 逃跑; 逃离 run or hurry away
run away quickly;
"He threw down his gun and fled"
- He tried to flee from the police in a stolen car.
- The frightened people fled from the fire.
- The mists was fleeing before the rising sun.
- He should not flee from responsibility.
- He was caught trying to flee the country.
- Many refugees have been forced to flee their homeland.
- Samuel has fled.
- They fled in disorder.
- The enemy soldiers were fleeing in all directions.
- The robbers tried to flee, but they were caught.
- The boy fled the presence of his mother.
- He fled the kidnappers and phoned the police.
- He fled the danger.
- Why does she always flee any kind of responsibility?
- flee away (v.+adv.)
逃离 run away from
He never flees away at the first sight of danger.
- flee before (v.+prep.)
逃避 escape from as to avoid sth
flee before sth
Mists fled before the rising sun.
The clouds fled before the wind.
- flee for (v.+prep.)
逃到 run away to
flee sth for sth
The city's population prepared to flee heat for the relative cool of the rivers.
- flee from (v.+prep.)
从…逃离; 避免 run away from; escape from; avoid
flee from sth
Many refugees fled from that country.
All the animals fled from the fire.
He fled from his duty.
The smile fled from her face.
- flee to (v.+prep.)
逃到 escape to; run away to
flee to sth
The child fled to his mother, looking for comfort and safety.
When the bombing started, the population fled to places of safety.
He fled to the seashore to escape the heat.
- flee impetuously 冲动地逃跑
- flee incontinently 无可否认地逃跑
- flee instinctively 本能地逃跑
- flee tremulously 歪歪斜斜地逃跑
- flee away 逃跑
She fled to the back of the house and hid in a box-room.出自： E. Bowen
The Marquis, brokenhearted, fled into exile.出自： W. S. Churchill
They fled, to be caught round the next corner.出自： E. Blishen
- flee, escape, fly, run away
- 这组词(组)都有“跑开”“逃跑”“逃亡”的意思。其区别在于:escape多表示逃跑后的结果(如未被捕获,并不指逃跑的动作); flee表示逃跑的行为本身,常含有“惧怕”的意味。例如:
- Many people fled the burning hotel.许多人逃离了着火的旅馆。
- There was evidence that the burglars had been frightened and had fled.有证据说窃贼是受惊之后仓皇逃走的。
- Why did the sportsman fly his country?为什么那个运动员叛逃到国外去呢?
- run away多用于口语,指不让人知道,有时含有“不辞而别”的意味。例如:
- He ran away twice from his boarding school.他两次从寄宿学校出走。