- n. 指针；手指（尤指大拇指以外的手指）
- v. 触碰；用指抚摸
- 用手指触摸/触碰/ 捻摸/拨弄/摸弄/抚摸
- [C]手指 any one of the five parts extending from each hand
- [C]指状物 sth like finger
- [C]指幅 measure of alcohol in a glass, roughly equal to the width of one finger
any of the terminal members of the hand (sometimes excepting the thumb);
"her fingers were long and thin"
the length of breadth of a finger used as a linear measure
one of the parts of a glove that provides covering for a finger or thumb
feel or handle with the fingers;
"finger the binding of the book"
examine by touch;
"Feel this soft cloth!"
"The customer fingered the sweater"
search for on the computer;
"I fingered my boss and found that he is not logged on in the afternoons"
indicate the fingering for the playing of musical scores for keyboard instruments
- The finger of the clock points to twelve.
- The pen slips out of my fingers.
- She poked her finger into the hole.
- She cut her finger on some broken glass.
- Please don't finger the goods.
- I don't like eating food that's been fingered by someone else.
- She fingered the rich silk.
- There are five fingers on each hand.
- The hands of men and women have four slender and flexible fingers and a short, strong thumb that moves opposite to the fingers.
- My fingers are stiff with cold.
- His fingers are sticky with mud.
- What lovely long slender fingers you have!
- The tips of the fingers are particularly sensitive.
- The wood was so rotten that you could put your finger through it.
- Keep your dirty fingers off the wet paint.
- You can tell how nervous she is by the way her fingers worry at the edge of the tablecloth.
- She poured herself three fingers of whisky.
- be all fingers and thumbs
笨手笨脚 be clumsy or awkward with one's hands
- get one's fingers burned
吃苦头 bear hardships
- have a finger in every pie
参与,好管闲事 a part or interest in everything that is going on
- keep one's fingers crossed
希望走好运〔成功〕 hope to get good luck〔success〕
- lay a finger on
触碰,冒犯 harm, touch, even slightly
- lay〔put〕 one's finger on
发现… find out
lay〔put〕 one's finger on sth
The doctor was able to treat the disease although he could not put his finger on the exact cause.
医生能治这种病,不过他不能指出确切的病因。lay〔put〕 one's finger on wh-clause
Something's wrong with this room, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.
I know the name, but I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong with the engine.
我还没弄清楚发动机的毛病。lay〔put〕 one's finger on sth
I haven't been able to lay my finger on the book you requested.
- lift a finger
尽举手之劳,出力帮助 make any effort to help when necessary
lift a finger to-v
They wouldn't lift a finger to help us.
- put the finger on
告发(某人) give information about
- snap one's fingers at
对…弹手指表示轻蔑 move the finger in the direction of sb with whom one is angry
- beat with the fingers 用手指敲
- burn one's fingers 因管闲事(或鲁莽)而吃苦头
- count on the finger 屈指计算
- cross one's fingers 使手指交叉
- cut one's finger 割破手指
- give sb the finger 恶意对待某人,亏待某人
- have a finger in the pie 参与某事
- hurt one's finger 弄伤手指
- ink one's fingers 用墨水弄脏手指
- keep one's fingers crossed 祝福
- lay a finger on sb 触动某人
- lay〔put〕 one's finger on 正确地指出…(的错误、缺点等)
- lift a finger 一点忙都不帮
- lift a finger against sb 抵抗某人,反对某人
- point the finger at 指着某人
- put a finger on sb 触动某人
- put one's finger in another's pie 多管闲事
- put one's finger in one's eye 哭泣
- run one's fingers through one's hair 用手指梳拢头发
- shake one's finger at sb 指点某人
- turn a finger 一点忙都不帮
- turn sb round one's finger 任意摆弄某人
- wind sb around one's finger 任意摆弄某人
- excited finger 颤抖的手指
- little finger 小指
- long finger 中指
- middle finger 中指
- setting finger 定位指
- strong finger 有力的手指
- thick finger 粗壮的手指
- thin finger 纤细的手指
- finger marks 指印
I brought my glass over and poured myself out..at least four fingers of Scotch.出自： J. D. Salinger
- lay one's finger on, lay one's hand on
- 这两个短语的意思不同,前者是“发现并指出”; 后者的意思是“得到”。例如:
- I know there is something wrong in our design but I can't lay my finger on the fault.我知道,我们的设计有些问题,但我找不出错在哪里。
- That fellow will help himself to anything he can lay his hands on.那个家伙只要能弄到手,什么东西都要拿一点。
- put one's finger on, put the finger on
- 这两个短语的意思不同:put one's finger on的意思是“明确地指出”; put the finger on的意思是“指名告发”,且只用于美国俚语中。例如:
- I just couldn't put my finger on the problem.我就是不能确切指出问题所在。
- Nobody wants to put the finger on you.谁也不想告发你。
- lay a finger on, lay one's finger on
- 这两个短语的意思不同:lay a finger on的意思是“触碰”“冒犯”,含有打人的意思,而且只能用于否定、疑问或条件句中; lay one's finger on则是“正确指出”的意思,且可用于肯定句。例如:
- If you lay a finger on me,I will not leave a handful of that black hair upon your head.要是你碰我一下,你头上黑乌乌的头发就休想留下一把。
- It is very kind of you to lay your finger on our plan.你真好,为我们的规划指出缺点。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的fingor，意为手指。
- touch 触摸
- handle 处理
- feel 感觉
- digit 数字
- manipulate 操纵
- fiddle 小提琴
- identify 鉴定
- point to 指向
- pick out 挑出
- name 名称
- point out 指出
- toy with 漫不经心地摆弄, 轻率地...
- limb 肢体
- member 成员
- extremity 极端
- portion 部分
- slither （使）滑行
- slice 薄片
- bit 少量
- thumb 拇指
- fingerbreadth 指幅