the main tower within the walls of a medieval castle or fortress
a dark cell (usually underground) where prisoners can be confined
- They were driven into a dark dungeon.
- The poor peasant was thrown into a dungeon.
- In the first act the curtain goes up on a dungeon in a landlord's house.
- This place is awful like a dungeon!
- He was just set free from a dungeon a few days ago.
- You can explore the castle from dungeon to tower.
- Dungeons and Dragons 地牢探宝游戏...
Dungeons..had been converted into cellars for his wines.出自： A. Carter
Palissy..confined within the dungeon of his own breast, those feelings of bitterness.出自： fig.