- 应有的权利， 应得权益，当然权利
- 应得到的东西，应得之物， 应得的份额
- 正向地 ，正对着，正向着
- [P]应支付,应给予,欠下 owed as a debt or an obligation
- [P]应有,应得到 owed sth; deserving sth
- [P]到期的 requiring immediate payment
- [P]预定,约定,预期 scheduled; arranged; expected
- [A]适当的,正当的,适宜的 suitable; right; proper
that which is deserved or owed;
"give the devil his due"
a payment that is due (e.g., as the price of membership);
"the society dropped him for non-payment of dues"
owed and payable immediately or on demand;
"payment is due"
scheduled to arrive;
"the train is due in 15 minutes"
suitable to or expected in the circumstances;
"all due respect"
"due cause to honor them"
"a long due promotion"
"in due course"
"exercising due care"
capable of being assigned or credited to;
"punctuation errors ascribable to careless proofreading"
"the cancellation of the concert was due to the rain"
"the oversight was not imputable to him"
directly or exactly; straight;
"went due North"
- When it comes to giving due respect to the old people, she feels a bit uneasy.
- The BBC must ensure that due impartiality is preserved in its news programmes.
- If you're going to the library, would you mind returning this book for me? It's due today.
- The English version of the novel is due for publication next year.
- The Customer obligations to pay any due amount shall include all commissions, charges and other costs determined by the Company.
- He received a large reward, which was no more than his due.
- Paul haven't paid my dues yet.
- He got his due reward.
- We received the due reward of our deeds.
- This letter is written in due form.
- We paid due attention to the problem.
- The United Nations should play its due role in maintaining international peace.
- Provided that you exercise due care, there is no reason why you shouldn't live to a great age.
- The wages due to him will be paid tomorrow.
- The rent is due tomorrow.
- The bill will fall due next Monday.
- The payment is due at the end of the month.
- You have to pay all that is due on the bill.
- The bus is due in three minutes.
- The train is due in London at 6 p.m.
- The boat is due to arrive at 12.
- The train is due to leave for Shanghai at 8.
- He is due to speak this evening.
- He was due to meet George Aldridge that afternoon.
- The ship they were due to take passage on was wrecked.
- I'm due to graduate in the next half of the year.
- due for
应有,应得到 owed sth; deserving sth
- due to
归功于,应属于 caused by sb/sth; because of sb/sth
- in due course
在适当时机,最终 at the appropriate time; eventually
- wages due 应得的工资
- due east 正东
The second monarch..has received less than his due from historians.出自： John Brooke
He had..missed the promotion he felt to be his due.出自： D. L. Sayers
Even from other young women..she receives her due of respect and admiration.出自： J. Osborne
The amount of service due from the serf had become limited by custom.出自： J. R. Green
- due的意思与义务、责任和债务有关,表示“应得的”时常置于名词前作定语; due作“应付的”解时,常置于名词之后作定语。
- due to是个短语介词,其后接名词或代词,在句中用作表语,意思是“应归于,应属于,应给予”(在美式英语中往往省略be)。也可用作状语,说明谓语动词所表示动作的原因。due to还可用于名词之后作后置定语。
- due用在词组in due course（依照顺序）和in due time（在适当的时候）中不加定冠词the。in due course of time和in due time意思相同，但用的很少；
- the amount due to you（欠你的款项）等表达方式里的介词to在美式英语中通常省去；
- 词组the amount due表示“欠着的款项”，the due amount表示“适当的款项”；
Their delay was due to the bad weather.
They delayed due to the bad weather。
He is due thanks.
- be due to, owe...to
- 1.owe是动词; due是形容词。例如:
- She owes ten dollars to her sister.她欠她姐姐10美元。
- Any money that is due to you will be paid before the end of this month.欠你的钱将在这月底之前全部支付给你。
- 2.owe...to常译为“欠某人的债”,用于比喻可表示对“某人负有义务或名誉,功劳应归于…”; 而due一般译为“应付给”,用以表示原因。例如:
- Our grateful thanks are due to the police department for their help in the making of this film.我们由衷感谢警方在制作这部影片的过程中给予我们的帮助。
- due to, beause of
- due to, owing to
- 这两个短语都可作“由于,因为”解。owing to表示的理由有直接性,常用作口语,是介词短语,在句中的位置一般没有限制; due to表示的理由同样带有直接性,但在句中多用作表语。
- ☆ 15世纪中叶进入英语，直接源自古法语的deu，意为应得的；最初源自古典拉丁语的debere，意为拖欠。
- undue 过分的