- 应有的权利， 应得权益，当然权利
- 应得到的东西，应得之物， 应得的份额
- 正向地 ，正对着，正向着
- [P]应支付,应给予,欠下 owed as a debt or an obligation
- [P]应有,应得到 owed sth; deserving sth
- [P]到期的 requiring immediate payment
- [P]预定,约定,预期 scheduled; arranged; expected
- [A]适当的,正当的,适宜的 suitable; right; proper
- that which is deserved or owed;
"give the devil his due"
- a payment that is due (e.g., as the price of membership);
"the society dropped him for non-payment of dues"
- owed and payable immediately or on demand;
"payment is due"
- scheduled to arrive;
"the train is due in 15 minutes"
- suitable to or expected in the circumstances;
"all due respect"
"due cause to honor them"
"a long due promotion"
"in due course"
"exercising due care"
- capable of being assigned or credited to;
"punctuation errors ascribable to careless proofreading"
"the cancellation of the concert was due to the rain"
"the oversight was not imputable to him"
- directly or exactly; straight;
"went due North"
- When it comes to giving due respect to the old people, she feels a bit uneasy.
- If you're going to the library, would you mind returning this book for me? It's due today.
- The English version of the novel is due for publication next year.
- The Customer obligations to pay any due amount shall include all commissions, charges and other costs determined by the Company.
- He received a large reward, which was no more than his due.
- Paul haven't paid my dues yet.
He got his due reward.
We received the due reward of our deeds.
This letter is written in due form.
We paid due attention to the problem.
The United Nations should play its due role in maintaining international peace.
Provided that you exercise due care, there is no reason why you shouldn't live to a great age.
The wages due to him will be paid tomorrow.
The rent is due tomorrow.
The bill will fall due next Monday.
The payment is due at the end of the month.
You have to pay all that is due on the bill.
The bus is due in three minutes.
The train is due in London at 6 p.m.
The boat is due to arrive at 12.
The train is due to leave for Shanghai at 8.
He is due to speak this evening.
He was due to meet George Aldridge that afternoon.
The ship they were due to take passage on was wrecked.
I'm due to graduate in the next half of the year.
- due for
应有,应得到 owed sth; deserving sth
I'm due for promotion to higher grade in June. 我6月份该升级了。
Surely you are not due for leave yet. 你肯定还不到该休假的时候。
- 应有,应得到 owed sth; deserving sth
- due to
欠债〔账〕owed as a debt or obligation
Ten dollars is due to you. 我欠你10美元。
The first place is due to the chairman. 第一位应让给主席。
归功于,应属于 caused by sb/sth; because of sb/sth
Her absence is due to illness. 她因病缺席。
The lateness of the ship was due to the storm. 船的晚点是由于风暴造成的。
Our grateful thanks are due to you. 我们应该衷心感谢您。
Acknowledgement is due to all who have lent a helping hand. 谨向所有帮助的人致谢。
The game has been cancelled due to frost. 比赛因雾而取消。
His illness was due to bad food. 他的病是由变质食物引起的。
They didn't go due to the storm. 由于风暴他们未能成行。
Due to the extreme cold, we were unable to plant the trees. 由于天气很冷,所以我们无法去植树。
Due to inability to market their grain, prairie farmers have been faced for some time with a serious shortage. 由于无力购买谷物,草原牧民已面临一段谷物的严重短缺时期。
Due to the danger of war, we have had to increase military expenditure. 由于战争危险的存在,我们有必要增加军费开支。
A power failure, due to a break in the cable, brought the whole town to a standstill. 由于电缆断了一处,停电使整个城镇处于瘫痪状态。
The price of gold rose again, due partly to rumours of war. 黄金价格再次上涨,部分是由于有关战争的种种谣言。
Mistakes due to carelessness may have serious consequences. 马虎性的错误造成严重的后果。
- 欠债〔账〕owed as a debt or obligation
- in due course
在适当时机,最终 at the appropriate time; eventually
Don't get impatient.You'll be told in due course. 不要着急,适当时候会告诉你的。
Your request will be dealt with in due course. 你的要求在适当时机将予以处理。
All will be attended to in due course. 最终全体人员都出席了。
We shall no doubt get the information in due course. 毫无疑问,最终我们得到了这个情报。
- 在适当时机,最终 at the appropriate time; eventually
- wages due 应得的工资
- due east 正东
The second monarch..has received less than his due from historians.出自：John Brooke
He had..missed the promotion he felt to be his due.出自：D. L. Sayers
Even from other young women..she receives her due of respect and admiration.出自：J. Osborne
The amount of service due from the serf had become limited by custom.出自：J. R. Green
- due用在词组in due course（依照顺序）和in due time（在适当的时候）中不加定冠词the。in due course of time和in due time意思相同，但用的很少；
- the amount due to you（欠你的款项）等表达方式里的介词to在美式英语中通常省去；
- 词组the amount due表示“欠着的款项”，the due amount表示“适当的款项”；
Their delay was due to the bad weather.
They delayed due to the bad weather。
He is due thanks.
- due的意思与义务、责任和债务有关,表示“应得的”时常置于名词前作定语; due作“应付的”解时,常置于名词之后作定语。
- due to是个短语介词,其后接名词或代词,在句中用作表语,意思是“应归于,应属于,应给予”(在美式英语中往往省略be)。也可用作状语,说明谓语动词所表示动作的原因。due to还可用于名词之后作后置定语。
- due用作名词时,表示“应得的权益〔对待、评价等〕”“应支付的款项或费用”。例如:I'm asking no more than my due.我要求的只是我分内应得的。Courtesy is his due while he is your guest.他在你这里作客时,就该得到你的礼遇。Members who do not pay dues will be suspended from the club.俱乐部成员不按期缴活动费者,将暂停其参加俱乐部活动的资格。He charged them with having defrauded the masters under whom he studied, of their dues.他指控他们骗取了曾经教过他的那几位教师的应得酬金。
- be due to, owe...to
二者的共同意思是“欠”。其区别是：1.owe是动词; due是形容词。例如:She owes ten dollars to her sister.她欠她姐姐10美元。Any money that is due to you will be paid before the end of this month.欠你的钱将在这月底之前全部支付给你。2.owe...to常译为“欠某人的债”,用于比喻可表示对“某人负有义务或名誉,功劳应归于…”; 而due一般译为“应付给”,用以表示原因。例如:Our grateful thanks are due to the police department for their help in the making of this film.我们由衷感谢警方在制作这部影片的过程中给予我们的帮助。
- due to, beause of
- due to, owing to
这两个短语都可作“由于,因为”解。owing to表示的理由有直接性,常用作口语,是介词短语,在句中的位置一般没有限制; due to表示的理由同样带有直接性,但在句中多用作表语。
错句：due to the fog, the buses moved slowly.
纠正：owing to the fog, the buses moved slowly.
分析：due to只能引导形容词短语，不能引导状语短语，而owing to可以引导原因状语。但这种用due to的情况在英美也很常见。
- ☆ 15世纪中叶进入英语，直接源自古法语d的eu，意为应得的；最初源自古典拉丁语d的ebere，意为拖欠。
- due:due n. 应得物、权力, [复]应付款adj. 应得的, 应付的, 正当的, 预期的, (车、船预定)应到的习惯用语by due [古、诗]当然of due [古、诗]当然fall due 到期,…