- 足够地,充足地 a satisfactory degree; sufficiently
- 相当 a significant extent; fairly
- 充足的,足够的,充分的 as many or as much of sth as necessary; sufficient
- 充分,足够 as many or as much necessary
an adequate quantity; a quantity that is large enough to achieve a purpose;
"enough is as good as a feast"
"there is more than a sufficiency of lawyers in this country"
sufficient for the purpose;
"an adequate income"
"the food was adequate"
"a decent wage"
as much as necessary;
"Have I eaten enough?"
"I've had plenty, thanks"
- I haven't enough time for reading.
- He has enough money (=money enough) to buy a car.
- John's old enough to take care of himself.
- He is brave enough to face dangers.
- He is competent enough to fill that position.
- He was careful enough to check up every detail.
- He seemed pleasant enough to me.
- I've had enough of that.
- I'm afraid I've eaten more than enough.
- I was nearly drowned last night, but was fortunate enough to be saved.
- Is this room large enough?
- He plays well enough for a beginner.
- I don't like these pictures enough.
- I don't know him well enough to ask him for help.
- He didn't run fast enough to catch the train.
- Would you be kind enough to let us know the date of your arrival?
- He isn't good enough for the exam.
- The river is deep enough for swimming.
- We have enough salesmen to cover the area .
- We have enough money to buy a car.
- There's not enough food among a crowd like this.
- Did you have enough time?
- The fellow has cheek enough.
- We don't have time enough to finish the work.
- Five men will be quite enough.
- ￡200 isn't enough for all my expenses.200
- Two apples is/are enough for me.
- If each of us kicks in a small amount, it'll be enough to buy things for the party.
- Not enough is known about this subject.
- I've had enough, thank you.
- curiously〔oddly, strangely〕 enough
稀奇的是… it is very curious, etc. that...
- sure enough
果然 as expected
- have had enough of
不能〔不愿〕再容忍… be unable or unwilling to tolerate sth/sb any more
- enough time 足够的时间
- quite enough 十分充足
It has not soil enough..to grow a single blade of grass.出自： J. Conrad
Five weeks of it were enough to kill him.出自： M. Sinclair
I've given her enough bromide to put her out of action till morning.出自： G. Greene
If three or four people get stuffed into a car seat, nobody has enough room.出自： J. Irving
There are enough hotels..to suit any pocket.出自：Country Life
- 当主语是it或是特定数量时, enough也可用作表语,其后常接for引起的短语或动词不定式。
- enough用于修饰表示坏的品质的名词(如cheek, conceit, impudence)时,一般放在这些词的后面。
- enough, adequate, ample, sufficient
- 1.enough为一般用语,有时可与adequate互换。enough常用来表示数量或程度,不宜用于表示性质、质量; 而adequate既可用于描述数量或程度,也可用于描述性质、质量。
- 2.adequate表示“仅够满足”“恰好满足”; enough和sufficient还可表示足够满足; 而ample表示充足而有余,即ample>sufficient>enough>adequate。
- 3.sufficient与enough同义,确切程度比 enough 大,前者多用于需要的满足,后者则多用于欲望的满足; 前者多用于书面语,后者多用于口语。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的genog；最初源自该语的genah：ge （伴随） + nah （达到，获得）。