- [P]设备; 家具; 日用器具 sth necessary that is fixed into a building but able to be moved
- [C]试穿,试衣 an occasion of putting on clothes that are being made for one, to see if they fit
- 适合的,恰当的 right for the purpose or occasion; suitable
- making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances
- a small and often standardized accessory to a larger system
- (usually plural) furnishings and equipment (especially for a ship or hotel)
- putting clothes on to see whether they fit
- in harmony with the spirit of particular persons or occasion;
"We have come to dedicate a portion of that field...It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this"
- being precisely fitting and right;
"it is only meet that she should be seated first"
- A fitting end to the meal would be a glass of port.
- It was, in fine, a fitting end to the story.
- He expressed his thoughts in clear and fitting language.
- The fitting-room is at the corner.
- I've been to the tailor's for a fitting.
- At the first fitting, please check the neckline.
- The division has developed a new product that requires a custom-made fitting.
- The fitting required about 2 hours.
- The plumber splayed the end of the pipe before fitting it over the next section.
The owner of the house charged us for fixtures and fittings.
I'm going to a fitting tomorrow.
It's a fitting evening for a dance.
He is fitting for the job.
It is fitting to make courtesy calls.
It is fitting that we should honor their memory.
- a fitting evening 适合跳舞的夜晚
- fitting for 适合干
The landlady pointed it out to me as part of the furniture and fittings.出自：S. Delaney
In order that the distinguished visitor might have a fitting reception.出自：B. T. Washington
- fitting:fitting adj. 适合的, 相称的, 适宜的n. 试穿, 试衣, 装配, 装置 英英解释:名词fitting:1. making or becoming suitable; adjusting…