- 不确实，不确定，不肯定， 拿不准
- 怀疑，疑，不信，满腹狐疑， 将信将疑地说，疑惑，疑心
- vt. & vi. 怀疑,疑惑 be uncertain about; hesitate to believe; question the truth of
- [U][C]怀疑,疑虑 uncertainty of mind
- [U][C]未确定 uncertain state of things
- the state of being unsure of something
- uncertainty about the truth or factuality or existence of something;
"the dubiousness of his claim"
"there is no question about the validity of the enterprise"
- consider unlikely or have doubts about;
"I doubt that she will accept his proposal of marriage"
- lack confidence in or have doubts about;
"I doubt these reports"
"I suspect her true motives"
"she distrusts her stepmother"
- There is no doubt that we will be successful.
- The outcome of this discussion is still in doubt.
- She's been feeling ill these days, so I doubt that she'll feel up to going to the country this weekend.
- She was very angry with you, because you seemed to doubt what she had said.
- She said that I was getting into the habit of doubting.
He says he can cure me but I still doubt him.
She did exactly what she had promised,I'm sorry I ever doubted her.
He lost his money.He doubted Jim, since he was ever dishonest.
Why didn't she doubt the cheats?
Maybe he changed his mind, but I doubt it.
You can write to him if you doubt my words.
They inwardly doubted the facts.
You cannot doubt your own existence.
You cannot doubt her sincerity.
Everything is clear now; no one would doubt what to be done.
He doubts being able to finish in time.
We doubted her telling tales.
Do you doubt that he will win?
I don't doubt that he wrote it himself.
I don't doubt that they'll accept at once.
We don't doubt that he can do a good job of it.
The doctor doesn't doubt but that she will recover.
I do not doubt but that our experiment will be carried out in time.
Do you doubt what I say?
I doubt whether he will marry her.
I doubt whether it is true.
He doubted whether they would be able to help.
I doubt if he is honest.
She doubted if he could make a success of it.
We doubted him a liar.
Nobody doubts him to have been honest.
The doubt dissipated.
A sudden doubt came to my mind.
When he read the letter, his doubts cleared away.
They dare not publicly admit to these doubts.
What caused this doubt to spring up in your mind?
You must cast aside all doubts and tackle the job with confidence.
He explained away her doubts.
He was so full of his own schemes, that he swept aside reasonable doubts.
His honesty is beyond doubt.
There is no room for doubt.
I'll try my best to free them from doubts and misgivings.
They were full of doubts and suspicions.
There is not a shadow of doubt.
There is not much doubt about his guilt.
Please dismiss all doubts about it.
I entertained grave doubts about the wisdom of what he was doing.
I have doubts about the truth of the story.
It all depends.I have certain doubts about it.
She has doubt as to this decision.
Is there any doubt that he is a thief?
There is some doubt whether she will come on time.
- doubt of (v.+prep.)
〈正〉怀疑(某事) be uncertain of (sth) doubt of sth
I doubt of her ability.我怀疑她的能力。
Such actions make me doubt of his sanity.这种行为使我怀疑他的神志是否清醒。
How do you doubt of the firm's future?你怎能怀疑公司的前景呢?
- 〈正〉怀疑(某事) be uncertain of (sth) doubt of sth
- cast〔throw〕 doubt(s) on
使人对…产生怀疑 make people wonder about the truth of sth
The lack of facilities for elderly people has cast doubts on the whole of the redevelopment scheme. 整个重建计划缺乏提供给老人们的设施,这使人们对计划产生了怀疑。
She threw a doubt on his ability. 她对他的能力产生了怀疑。
- 使人对…产生怀疑 make people wonder about the truth of sth
- in doubt
存在疑问 having doubt
Their acceptance of the contract is still in doubt. 他们是否接受那合同还说不准。
Haas is in doubt how to repair this machine. 哈斯不知道怎样修理这台机器。
When you are in doubt about the meaning of a word, consult your dictionary. 对一个词的词义有疑问时,一定要查词典。
She is in doubt about what to do. 她尚未确定做什么。
We were in doubt where he has gone. 我们弄不清楚他去哪儿了。
At the time she was in bitter doubt whether she was right. 那时她怀疑自己是否正确,心中很痛苦。
The boy's honesty was never called in doubt. 那个男孩的诚实不容置疑。
The decision by the headmaster was called in doubt by some of the teachers who thought it unnecessarily harsh. 有些教师对校长的决定存有异议,他们认为没有必要那么严厉。
- 存在疑问 having doubt
- no doubt
很可能,我想 very probably
I have no doubt of success. 我相信会成功的。
They have no doubt as to his loyalty. 他们相信他的忠诚。
I left no doubt as to what he said. 我对他说的话置信不疑。
No doubt you are wrong. 我想你是错的。
No doubt he was just trying to help. 他多半只是想帮帮忙。
The court will no doubt deal severely with the criminals. 法庭很可能会严厉处置这些罪犯。
You have no doubt heard the news. 你肯定已经听到了这个消息。
There is no doubt that he will win. 我想他一定会赢。
There is no doubt that he was in a highly excitable condition just now. 很可能他刚才处于极度兴奋状态之中。
- 很可能,我想 very probably
- without (a) doubt
毫无疑问 having no doubt
Without a doubt these theories are all wrong. 毫无疑问,这些理论全都是错误的。
Don't worry, he'll come back without doubt. 不要担心,他一定会回来的。
He is without doubt the cleverest student I've ever taught. 他确实是我所教过的学生中最聪明的。
- 毫无疑问 having no doubt
- doubt one's own existence 怀疑自己的存在
- doubt sb's ability 怀疑某人的能力
- doubt sb's character 怀疑某人的人格
- doubt sb's consciousness 怀疑某人的觉悟
- doubt sb's death 怀疑某人的死亡
- doubt sb's decision 怀疑某人的决定
- doubt sb's efficiency 怀疑某人的效率
- doubt sb's evidence 怀疑某人的证据
- doubt sb's existence 怀疑某人的存在
- doubt sb's faith 怀疑某人的信仰
- doubt sb's feeling 怀疑某人的感情
- doubt sb's honesty 怀疑某人的诚实
- doubt sb's intentions 怀疑某人的动机
- doubt sb's judgment 怀疑某人的判断
- doubt sb's nature 怀疑某人的本性
- doubt sb's personality 怀疑某人的人格
- doubt sb's prestige 怀疑某人的威望
- doubt sb's proof 怀疑某人的证明
- doubt sb's sanity 怀疑某人的清醒
- doubt sb's sincerity 怀疑某人的诚意
- doubt sb's stand 怀疑某人的立场
- doubt sb's success 怀疑某人的成功
- doubt sb's support 怀疑某人的支持
- doubt sb's understanding 怀疑某人的理解力
- doubt sb's view 怀疑某人的看法
- doubt sb's wisdom 怀疑某人的才智
- doubt sb's words 怀疑某人说的话
- doubt the cause of 怀疑…的起因
- doubt the certificates of 怀疑…的证件
- doubt the correctness of 怀疑…的正确性
- doubt the method of 怀疑…的方法
- doubt the precision of 怀疑…的精密度
- doubt the progress of 怀疑…的进展
- doubt the quality of 怀疑…的质量
- doubt the reason of 怀疑…的原因
- doubt the result of 怀疑…的结果
- doubt the sources of 怀疑…的来源
- doubt the system of 怀疑…的体系
- doubt the theory of 怀疑…的理论
- doubt the truth of 怀疑…的真实性
- doubt the value of 怀疑…的价值
- doubt the way of 怀疑…的做法
- doubt the witness 怀疑证人
- doubt hardly 不容置疑
- doubt very much 非常怀疑
- doubt casually 偶尔怀疑
- doubt childishly 幼稚地怀疑
- doubt gravely 非常怀疑
- doubt greatly 非常怀疑
- doubt growingly 渐渐怀疑
- doubt painfully 痛苦地怀疑
- doubt reasonably 有理地怀疑
- doubt seriously 非常怀疑
- doubt strongly 非常怀疑
- doubt unjustly 不公正地怀疑
- doubt about 怀疑
- doubt of 怀疑
- doubt of its further progress 怀疑其进一步拓展
- doubt of sb's ability 怀疑某人的能力
- doubt of success 怀疑成功性
- arouse doubt 引起怀疑
- cast doubt 引起怀疑
- cause doubt 引起怀疑
- clear doubts 消除疑虑
- decide doubt 解决疑问
- destroy doubt 消除疑虑
- dismiss doubts 消除疑虑
- have doubt 存在疑问
- remove doubts 消除疑虑
- resolve all doubts 消除所有的疑虑
- satisfy doubts 消除疑虑
- settle a doubt 消除疑虑
- all doubt 一切怀疑
- any doubt 任何怀疑
- disagreeable doubt 令人不快的怀疑
- grave doubt 严重的怀疑
- great doubt 严重的怀疑
- historic doubt 历史的怀疑
- little doubt 几乎不怀疑
- much doubt 很怀疑
- serious doubt 严重的怀疑
- slight doubt 一丝怀疑
- strong doubt 强烈的怀疑
- sudden doubt 突然的怀疑
There can be no doubt of that: everybody knows it.出自：G. B. Shaw
He had little doubt..of his power to get hold of the girl.出自：J. Conrad
The Committee..casts doubt on the value of the Ryder report.出自：M. Edwardes
O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?出自：Bible (AV): Matthew
- doubt多用作及物动词,可接名词、代词、动名词、带疑问词的动词不定式或that/wh-/if从句作宾语,也可接以“(to be+) n./adj. ”充当补足语的复合宾语。接that从句作宾语时, that前有时可加but。doubt偶尔也用作不及物动词,常与介词of连用表示“对…抱怀疑或悲观的态度”。
- 在疑问句或否定句中, doubt的宾语从句应用that引导; 在肯定句中,则应由if〔whether〕引导。
- 有时在肯定句里也可见doubt接由that引导的从句的情况,这时怀疑的意味已很淡。例如:I doubt that he will come.我想他恐怕不会来。
- doubt一般不用于进行体。但偶尔可见如She is always doubting my word.(她总是不相信我的话)这类的句子,句中的现在进行时表示一种“不满”的情绪。
- 在肯定句中不可以说I doubt so.但在否定句中则可以说I don't doubt so.
- doubt后可接介词about〔of, on〕引起的短语表示“对…怀疑”。
- doubt后可接that或if〔whether〕引导的同位语从句。that从句一般用于否定句或疑问句中; if〔whether〕从句一般用于肯定句中。
- in doubt的意思是“存在疑问”; no doubt的意思是“很可能”; without doubt的意思是“毫无疑问”。这几个短语在句中既可用作状语,也可用作定语或表语。
- doubt if-clause, doubt whether-clause
- doubt, suspect
- I doubt that she is the criminal.
- I suspect that she is the criminal.
- be in doubt, hang in doubt
这两个短语意思相近,但仍有区别。前者一般表示某人对某事拿不准或某事尚不能确定,其主语可以是人,也可以是事; 而后者一般指客观事物,表示事态难以预料,悬而未决,在语气上不肯定的程度更浓,给人以危机感,其主语一般为事〔物〕。例如:The result of the experiment is still in doubt.实验结果尚未确定。He was sent to the hospital, but his life hangs in doubt.他被送往医院了,但死活难以预料。
- No doubt he will help us.
- Without (a) doubt he will help us.
- doubt suspicion distrust uncertainty
- ☆ 13世纪初期进英入语，直接源自古法语的douter；最初源自古典拉丁语的dubitare，意为犹豫，意见摇摆。
- doubt:doubt n. 怀疑, 疑惑, 疑问v. 怀疑, 不信, 拿不准, 恐怕 英英解释:名词doubt:1. the state of being unsure of something同义词：unce…