- [U]贸易,商业,买卖 exchange of goods or services for money or other goods
- [C]行业,生意 business of a particular kind
- [C]谋生手段,手艺,职业 way of making a living, especially a job that involves making sth; occupation
- vt. & vi. 交易; 经商 buy and sell things; exchange; barter
- the commercial exchange (buying and selling on domestic or international markets) of goods and services;
"Venice was an important center of trade with the East"
"they are accused of conspiring to constrain trade"
- the skilled practice of a practical occupation;
"he learned his trade as an apprentice"
- the business given to a commercial establishment by its customers;
"even before noon there was a considerable patronage"
- a particular instance of buying or selling;
"it was a package deal"
"I had no further trade with him"
"he's a master of the business deal"
- people who perform a particular kind of skilled work;
"he represented the craft of brewers"
"as they say in the trade"
- steady winds blowing from east to west above and below the equator;
"they rode the trade winds going west"
- an equal exchange;
"we had no money so we had to live by barter"
- engage in the trade of;
"he is merchandising telephone sets"
- turn in as payment or part payment for a purchase;
"trade in an old car for a new one"
- be traded at a certain price or under certain conditions;
"The stock traded around $20 a share"
- exchange or give (something) in exchange for
- do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood;
"She deals in gold"
"The brothers sell shoes"
- China does a lot of trade with many countries.
- There has been some shrinkage in our export trade.
- He started his daughter up in the trade.
- They offer discounts to the trade(= to people who are working in the same business).
- That department store has a lot of trade.
- Trade was very good last month.
- I refuse to trade with that company again.
- He trades in silk.
- I used to trade at that store.
- The firm has now ceased trading.
- Shares were trading at under half their usual value.
- My deskmate wanted to trade his pen for my book.
This town carries on a brisk trade.
Foreign trade kept the country's economy healthy.
By the end of a year the little seed and grain shop had developed its trade considerably.
He is in trade.
None are genuine unless bearing the above trademark.
He got a job as editor of a trade journal.
Wu Yi Mountain City earns most of its income from the tourist trade.
Words are the tools of her trade.
He is a jack of all trades and master of none.
She made a good trade.
Being a printer is a trade; being a lawyer is a profession.
Basket-weaving is a dying trade.
We offered discounts to the trade.
They only sell cars to the trade, not to the general public.
That store has a lot of trade.
The new shop has been doing a brisk trade in cut-price clothes.
Outside the scene he was doing a good trade in souvenirs.
He traded as a tobacco merchant.
To trade is to buy and sell things.
They were persuaded to trade information.
They traded seats.
- trade at (v.+prep.)
在…买东西 buy goods at (usually a particular shop) trade at sth
They are trading at a store.他们正在商店买东西。
Which store do you usually trade at?你常在哪个商店买东西?
- 在…买东西 buy goods at (usually a particular shop) trade at sth
- trade for (v.+prep.)
用…换 exchange sth by sth trade sth for sth
The boy traded his skates for a cricket bat.这个男孩子用他的溜冰鞋换了一个板球拍。
The early settlers traded copper for corn.早期的殖民者用铜来换玉米。
I would love to trade this car for a pickup truck.我愿意用这辆汽车换一辆小型轻便卡车。
They landed on the island and traded knives for gold dust.他们登上岛后,用刀子去换金沙。
Early European visitors to the North of Canada traded manufactured goods for furs and skins.早期到加拿大北部的欧洲来客用工业品换取毛皮。
He traded a job in New York City for the life of a cowboy.他放弃了在纽约的工作,去过牛仔生活。
- 用…换 exchange sth by sth trade sth for sth
- trade in1 (v.+adv.)
折价换取 surrender sth in part-exchange when buying sth else trade sth ⇔ in
They trade in their car every three years.他们每三年就以旧汽车贴换新车。
I have traded my old radio in for a transistor.我把那台旧收音机折价换了一台半导体收音机。
The gas company is offering fifty pounds off a new cooker if you trade in your old one.如果你用旧炊具来折价的话,那家煤气公司愿减价50镑出售一套新炊具。
- 折价换取 surrender sth in part-exchange when buying sth else trade sth ⇔ in
- trade in2 (v.+prep.)
出售,经营 sell a certain kind of goods; engage in sth trade in sth
They traded in fruit and vegetables.他们经营水果和蔬菜。
- 出售,经营 sell a certain kind of goods; engage in sth trade in sth
- trade off (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉交换物品或人 exchange one thing or people for another trade sb/sth ⇔ off
The two armies agreed to trade off their prisoners.两军同意交换俘虏。
They traded off horses hundreds of miles from home.他们到离家几百里外的地方用马匹换别的东西。
- 〈非正〉交换物品或人 exchange one thing or people for another trade sb/sth ⇔ off
- trade on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
(不公正地)利用 take (unfair) advantage of sth trade on〔upon〕 sth
The senator's son traded on his father's name when he ran for mayor.参议员的儿子在竞选市长时利用他父亲的名气。
They traded on his credulity.他们利用了他的轻信。
I'm tired of the way in which he trades on your generosity and I think it is time you put an end to it.我讨厌他那样利用你的慷慨大方来获取好处,我认为你不应当让他这样干。
- (不公正地)利用 take (unfair) advantage of sth trade on〔upon〕 sth
- trade with (v.+prep.)
与…进行贸易〔交换〕 have dealings with sb; change with sb trade with sb/sth
We don't trade with that company.我们和那家公司没有贸易往来。
We trade with many countries in industrial and agricultural products.我们与许多国家在工农业产品方面进行贸易。
China now trades with more than 130 countries.中国现在和130多个国家进行贸易。
He wanted to change his days off and got a fellow worker to trade with him.他想换休,找一位同事和他对调。trade sth with sb
Rosa traded seats with Cage.罗莎和凯奇对换了座位。
- 与…进行贸易〔交换〕 have dealings with sb; change with sb trade with sb/sth
- advance trade 发展贸易
- build up trade 发展商业
- carry on trade 经商,做生意
- develop trade 发展商业
- do a trade 进行贸易,做生意
- encourage trade 鼓励贸易
- engage in trade 做买卖
- expand trade 扩大贸易
- go into trade 经商
- lose trade 失去生意,失去贸易机会
- open up trade 开发贸易
- promote trade 促进贸易
- restrict trade 限制贸易
- enter a trade 步入某一行业
- follow a trade 从事一种职业
- give up a trade 放弃一种职业
- learn a trade 学一门手艺
- play a trade 从事某一行业
- practice a trade 从事某一行业
- take up a trade 从事一种职业
- fair trade 公平贸易
- foreign trade 对外贸易,国际贸易
- free trade 自由贸易
- international trade 对外贸易,国际贸易
- large trade 大宗生意
- lively trade 生意兴隆
- overseas trade 对外贸易
- border trade 边境贸易
- drug trade 毒品贸易
- export trade 出口贸易
- slave trade 奴隶买卖
- transit trade 过境贸易,转口贸易
- service trade 服务行业
- the news trade 新闻业
- trade extensively 大量地做生意
- trade away 卖掉,换掉
- trade down 以高价物品交换廉价物品
- trade off 轮流,交替
- trade out 出卖
- trade out principles 出卖原则
- trade up 将手中的东西折价换取更重要的同类东西
- trade at the store 在商店买东西
- trade sth for a hat 用…换一顶帽子
- trade sth for a new bicycle 把…折价换新自行车
- trade sth for a spoon 用…换一把勺子
- trade sth for another thing 以…换取另一物
- trade in bicycles 做自行车生意
- trade in furs 做毛皮生意
- trade in grain 经营粮食
- trade in matches 经营火柴
- trade in iron and steel 经营钢铁
- trade in salt 贩卖盐
- trade in sewing machines 经营缝纫机
- trade with a firm 和公司做生意
- trade with a shopkeeper 和店主做生意
- trade with various countries 与好几个国家做生意
A refreshment tent..is doing a roaring trade in halves of scrumpy.出自：Country Homes
There was no black market or street trade in any psychiatric drugs.出自：J. Masson
The British established a rich trade with Portugal for this..wine.出自：People
An illegal..weapons trade is growing.出自：Time
They traded with profit only to China.出自：H. H. Wilson
- trade用作可数名词时,可表示“具体的生意或行业”“谋生手段,手艺,职业”等。作“生意”解时,通常后接介词in引导的短语,表示“…方面的生意”; 作“谋生手段,手艺,职业”解时,通常指需要特殊手工的技巧。
- trade既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作及物动词时,接名词或代词作宾语,常与for, in等连用; 用作不及物动词时,常与on〔upon〕, with等连用,还与at连用表示“在…买东西”,多用于美式英语中。
- trade, business, occupation, profession, vocation
这组词都有“职业,工作”的意思。它们之间的区别是：business使用广泛,在日常生活中,可泛指“事情”,尤指自己负责管理的事情; 在社会经济生活中,多指生意,尤指以赢利为目的的买卖或商业中的工作。occupation可以泛指各种专业。profession指必须受过相当高的教育或专门训练才能从事的知识性职业,如律师、医生、建筑师等。vocation指专心从事的业务,除谋生的行业外,还包括专门爱好。trade则是指涉及体力或手工劳动、手工操作机械或工具的职业。例如:That's no business of yours.那事与你无关。Mind your own business.管你自己的事,少管闲事。A lot of the U.S. small grocers have gone out of business since the advent of the supermarkets.超级市场一出现,大批美国食品杂货店就歇业了。She got a sideline occupation.她从事第二职业。She left her teaching profession and became a secretary.她放弃教书的职业改行当了秘书。Mr. Brown is a lawyer by profession.布朗先生的职业是律师。He chose painting as his vocation.他以绘画为专业。He is in the silk trade.他做丝绸生意。
- trade, commerce
这两个词的共同意思是“商业”“贸易”。其区别是：1.commerce是较正式用语,多指国际或海外贸易; trade是普通用语,一般指国内贸易。2.commerce的规模、范围及地域比trade大,且包括trade所不含有的货币和汇票交易; trade虽有时指国际的大贸易,但比commerce的规模小,且主要指商品交易。
- business commerce trade bargain deal
- profession job occupation trade vocation career work employment
- job:job 泛指一切有报酬的工作。
- TRADE:Tri-Area Association for Economic DevelopmentTri-Area协会为经济的发展
- TRADE:Training Devices and Equipment训练装置和设备
- TRADE:Toolkit for Requirements and Design Engineering工具包,需求和设计工程
- trade:trade n. 贸易, 商业, 交易, 生意, 职业, 行业, [气]信风, 顾客vi. 交易, 买卖, 经商, 对换, 购物vt. 用...进行交换 英英解释:名词trade:1. the com…