- n. 对抗；冲突
a bold challenge
discord resulting from a clash of ideas or opinions
a hostile disagreement face-to-face
the act of hostile groups opposing each other;
"the government was not ready for a confrontation with the unions"
"the invaders encountered stiff opposition"
a focussed comparison; bringing together for a careful comparison
- Banks often enter into confrontation.
- Even a limited confrontation can escalate into a major war.
- The Arab-Israeli confrontation is causing our firm serious difficulties.
- Her angry face forbode a confrontation.
- She wanted to avoid another confrontation with her father.
- We should avoid confrontation as much as possible.