a hostile disagreement face-to-face
(ice hockey) the method of starting play; a referee drops the puck between two opposing players
- Both teams are ready to face off.
- Jack duffed his drive off the first tee.
- We were face to face with Rommel's forces at that time.
- Residents of the town of Farah said there was some gunfire as police faced off against protesters.
- cut off one's nose to spite one's face 因一时生气做出害自己...
- take the smile off someone's face 使某人转乐为苦...
- wipe the smile off someone's face 使某人转乐为苦...
- off the face of the earth 从地球上消失，彻底地...
- face off 对峙
- take the grin off someone's face 使某人转乐为苦...
- take the smile off one's face 使自己突然严肃起来...
- wipe the grin off someone's face 使某人转乐为苦...
- shoot off one's face 夸夸其谈
- cut off one's nose be revenged of one's face 与人赌气以致为自己招...
- face-off spot in neutral zone 中区争球点
- zone line face-off spot 蓝线争球点
- face-off circle 争球圈
- hold the puck for a face-off 用手握球造成争球...
- face-off line 争球点限制线...
- end zone face-off spot 端区争球点
- face-off alignment 争球阵式
- wipe off the face of the earth 把…消灭掉