- [C]社团,俱乐部 group of people who meet together regularly to participate in a particular activity
- [C]会团建筑物 (organization owning a) building where elected (usually male) members may stay temporarily, have meals, read the newspapers, etc.
- vt. & vi. 凑,贡献 make contributions of money, etc. so that the total can be used for a specific purpose
- vt. & vi. 打击 hit or beat sb/sth
- a team of professional baseball players who play and travel together;
"each club played six home games with teams in its own division"
- a formal association of people with similar interests;
"he joined a golf club"
"they formed a small lunch society"
"men from the fraternal order will staff the soup kitchen today"
- stout stick that is larger at one end;
"he carried a club in self defense"
"he felt as if he had been hit with a club"
- a building that is occupied by a social club;
"the clubhouse needed a new roof"
- golf equipment used by a golfer to hit a golf ball
- a playing card in the minor suit that has one or more black trefoils on it;
"he led a small club"
"clubs were trumps"
- a spot that is open late at night and that provides entertainment (as singers or dancers) as well as dancing and food and drink;
"don't expect a good meal at a cabaret"
"the gossip columnist got his information by visiting nightclubs every night"
"he played the drums at a jazz club"
- unite with a common purpose;
"The two men clubbed together"
- gather and spend time together;
"They always club together"
- strike with a club or a bludgeon
- gather into a club-like mass;
- The tennis club has organized a dance.
- He is an active member of the school's stamp club.
- You can see the king of club is the winning play.
- He was clubbed to death with a butt of a gun.
- We clubbed together to buy our teacher a present.
The tennis club has organized a dance.
He set up a tennis club.
He joined the local stamp club.
There are sporting clubs of various kinds in the city.
Anyone who can speak French is eligible to join the club.
The club has decided to increase subscriptions.
He's a member of several London clubs.
Our firm has a good social club.
The club was generally restricted to the upper social brackets.
The bridge clubs meet every Wednesday.
I saw her at the club yesterday.
He used the branch as a club to kill the snake.
Clubs are trumps.
The army is clubbing.
All the students have clubbed.
The two little boys cannot club.
Fire and water won't club.
They are clubbing money.
Each clubs his penny toward the purchase.
They want to club their ability.
The teacher clubbed what he knows.
The soldiers clubbed him.
The police clubbed a path through the crowd.
Strong man won't club the man who is not strong.
The boy clubbed the bird's nest with a long stick.
The money has been clubbed.
Their wisdom was clubbed.
Some small clubs were clubbed.
This hero was clubbed.
- join the club
- 都一样 just as the same
- club together (v.+adv.)
结组,联合 form a group
Why don't the boys club together to join each other's activities? 这些男孩子为什么不联合起来一起行动?
They club together to support their mother school. 他们团结一致来支持母校。
分担费用 share the cost of sth with others
The family clubbed together to buy the car. 全家人凑钱买了这部小汽车。
We clubbed together to buy her a present. 我们凑钱给她买了一件礼物。
The boys in this class clubbed together to buy a football. 这班男生凑齐钱买了一个足球。
We clubbed together to help with his debts. 我们凑钱帮他还债。
- 结组,联合 form a group
- chess club 象棋俱乐部
- country club 城郊俱乐部
- jockey club 赛马俱乐部
- night club 夜总会
- nuclear club 核俱乐部
- stamp club 集邮俱乐部
- tennis club 网球俱乐部
- youth club 青年会
- at club 在俱乐部里
- club by 用…打击
The club went on its way like other clubs, and men dined and smoked and played billiards and pretended to read.出自：A. Trollope
Kinnyole was clubbed to death by his own people.出自：C. G. Seligman
- club还可指“棒子,棍子”。在纸牌游戏中, club还可指“梅花”。
- club association institute league union society
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进英入语，直接源自古英语的clubbe；最初源自古挪威语的klumba，意为一团人，一群人。
- CLUB:Consorzio Lucchese Bus (Lucchese Bus Consortium, Italy)斯佩齐亚队巴士(公车工程协会、意大利)斯佩齐亚队
- CLUB:Clandestine League Unified by Borock通过Borock秘密联赛统一
- CLUB:Contractors Legislators Unions And Business承包商立法者。工会
- club:club n. 俱乐部, 夜总会, 社, 棍棒, (高尔夫球等的)球棒, (扑克牌)梅花vt. 棍打, 协作, 联合, 把...当棍棒用习惯用语block club [美]街道居民组织（目的保护白人居…