- n. 布；布料；一块布
- 一块布， 一块抹布，一块桌布
- [U]布,布料 material that is made of wool, cotton, etc. and that we use for making clothes and other things
- [C]用作某种用途的布 a piece of cloth that you use for a special job
artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers;
"the fabric in the curtains was light and semitransparent"
"woven cloth originated in Mesopotamia around 5000 BC"
"she measured off enough material for a dress"
- This piece of cloth was eaten by a moth.
- Cloth is sold by the yard.
- This piece of cloth has bad coloration.
- I rubbed the window with a cloth.
- How much cloth does it take to make a dress for the girl?
- How much cloth does it take to make a dress?
- You'd better wrap it in a piece of cloth.
- I need several metres of cloth to make a long dress.
- Pass the cloth, please. I want to clean the windows.
- Her face was covered by a black cloth.
- Clean the windows with a soft cloth.
- Don't leave the dish-cloths in the cupboard.
- 表示“一块布”时,一般要借助量词a piece of,但有时也可用a cloth。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的clath，意为布，衣。