- 不形于色的， 不露声色的
- 禁酒主义者， 赞成禁酒的人，戒酒的人
- 干燥的事物， 干物
- 干的,干燥的,无雨的 not wet; free from moisture; not raining
- 缺水的,口渴的,使人口渴的 not supplying water; thirsty; causing thirst
- 禁酒的 (of a country or region) where it is illegal to buy or sell alcoholic drink
- 无趣味的,枯燥的,一本正经地表达出来的 uninteresting; dull; expressed seriously or undemonstratively
- vt. & vi. 变干,把…弄干 become or cause to become dry
- a reformer who opposes the use of intoxicating beverages
- free from liquid or moisture; lacking natural or normal moisture or depleted of water; or no longer wet;
"a dry climate"
"dry splintery boards"
"a dry river bed"
"the paint is dry"
- humorously sarcastic or mocking;
"an ironic remark often conveys an intended meaning obliquely"
"an ironic novel"
"an ironical smile"
"with a wry Scottish wit"
- lacking moisture or volatile components;
- opposed to or prohibiting the production and sale of alcoholic beverages;
"the dry vote led by preachers and bootleggers"
"a dry state"
- not producing milk;
"a dry cow"
- (of liquor) having a low residual sugar content because of decomposition of sugar during fermentation;
"a dry white burgundy"
"a dry Bordeaux"
- without a mucous or watery discharge;
"a dry cough"
"that rare thing in the wintertime; a small child with a dry nose"
- not shedding tears;
"with dry eyes"
- lacking interest or stimulation; dull and lifeless;
"a dry book"
"a dry lecture filled with trivial details"
"dull and juiceless as only book knowledge can be when it is unrelated to...life"
- used of solid substances in contrast with liquid ones;
- unproductive especially of the expected results;
"a dry run"
"a mind dry of new ideas"
- having no adornment or coloration;
"rattled off the facts in a dry mechanical manner"
- (of food) eaten without a spread or sauce or other garnish;
- having a large proportion of strong liquor;
"a very dry martini is almost straight gin"
- lacking warmth or emotional involvement;
"a dry greeting"
"a dry reading of the lines"
"a dry critique"
- practicing complete abstinence from alcoholic beverages;
"he's been dry for ten years"
"no thank you; I happen to be teetotal"
- remove the moisture from and make dry;
- become dry or drier;
"The laundry dries in the sun"
- The soil is too dry for planting.
- After these dry days, everyone hopes for rain.
- We should prepare for more dry weather.
- I always feel dry in this hot weather.
- The book is as dry as dust.
- The bread will dry out if it is left on the table.
They had some hot drinks to wash down their dry muffins.
The hot dry earth drank up the rain.
South Australia is dry climate.
It was the driest summer in years.
This winter is dry.
A dry spell threatened the crops last year.
They walked along a dry riverbed.
He did not bother to hide anything but presented the dry facts to them.
He gives the driest speeches I've ever listened to.
A dry book is no interesting one.
When I read the novel I skipped these dry passages of description.
The paint on this door is not yet dry, be careful.
The clothes are dry.
She wiped the dish until it was dry.
The pond is pumped dry.
The leaves of this tree have become dry and withered.
The paint on the bench is not dry yet; be careful!
The machine automatically stops when it runs dry.
The well has gone dry.
This cow is dry.
My mouth is dry.
I'm so dry, let's stop here for a soda.
I always feel dry in this hot weather doing this dry work in the sun.
My throat was dry after the long trip.
There are still some dry states in this country.
That wine is too dry for my taste.
The subject is as dry as sawdust.
His sense of humour is very dry.
She sat there looking dry and indifferent.
The stream ran dry in drought.
My fountain pen ran dry in the middle of a sentence.
The soil is too dry for planting.
Is this wood dry enough to burn?
He drank the cup dry.
She wrings the clothes dry.
This walk has made me dry, do you think we can get a drink here?
I hang the washing on a rope to dry.
Nothing dries sooner than a tear.
Nylon-ware dries easily.
When wet materials dry, a liquid is changed to a vapour.
The clothes dried in the sun.
He was drying himself with a towel.
We were drying our clothes by squeezing.
There we prepared to dry our clothes over a fire and boil some drinking water.
He was drying his clothes over the fire.
He swam in easily enough, dried himself in the sun, and put on his clothes.
We dried our grain thoroughly.
Would you please dry it with blotting-paper?
She dried her eyes and continued to work.
You'd better fasten the wet clothes on the rope while they are being dried.
Clothes are washed and dried by washing machines and ironed with electric irons.
They dried milk to make dried milk.
I like dried fruit.
- as dry as a bone
干极了 completely dry
I am as dry as a bone. 我口渴极了。
The earth seemed as dry as a bone. 这地干得快冒烟了。
The soil was very hard and as dry as a bone. 这土壤非常坚硬,干透了。
We went camping in Scotland and though it rained very hard we had a very good tent and stayed as dry as a bone. 我们到苏格兰去露营; 虽然雨下得很大,但我们有个很好的帐篷,十分干燥。
- 干极了 completely dry
- as dry as dust
乏味极了 very boring
The book was as dry as dust. 这本书乏味极了。
You won't find any exciting books on those shelves, they're all as dry as dust. 在那些书架上你找不到什么动人的书,都是十分枯燥的。
- 乏味极了 very boring
- boil dry
煮干 boil until there is none left
Don't let the pan boil dry. 别把锅里的水煮干了。
- 煮干 boil until there is none left
- not dry behind the ears
〈美俚〉无经验的; 乳臭未干的 be young and inexperienced
The young man had just started working for the firm, and was not dry behind the ears yet. 这个年轻人刚开始为公司工作,还没有经验。
Adult responsibilities were forced on him, although he was still not dry behind the ears. 他还是个乳臭未干的小孩,但许多成年人的责任都已经强加在他身上了。
Though he was not dry behind the ears, he had to make a living by himself. 他虽未成年,但得自己谋生。
- 〈美俚〉无经验的; 乳臭未干的 be young and inexperienced
- dry off (v.+adv.)
(使)弄干,(使)变干 become dry; make dry dry off
The clothes soon dried off in the sun.衣服在阳光下很快就干了。
Your clothes should have dried off by this time.你的衣服此时应该干透了。dry sb/oneself/sth ⇔ off
She dried herself off with a thick towel.她用厚毛巾擦干了身子。
This high wind will dry the ground off.这场大风会刮干地面的。
Dry yourself off thoroughly after your swim, or you might catch cold.游泳后要彻底擦干身子,否则你会感冒的。
- (使)弄干,(使)变干 become dry; make dry dry off
- dry out (v.+adv.)
(使)变干,(使)干涸 become dry; make dry dry out
The wet clothes will soon dry out in the sun.湿衣服放在太阳下面很快就会晒干。
We waited for our wet clothes to dry out.我们等待我们的湿衣服干透。
Don't leave that bread on the table, it will dry out.别把面包放在桌子上,它会变干的。
You should let that wood dry out before you use it for anything.那块木料不管派什么用场,你都应该先让它干透。
Will this flooded ground ever dry out?这块洪水淹过的地还会干吗?dry sth ⇔ out
She hung up her wet clothes in order to dry them out.她把她的湿衣服挂起来,以便晾干。
The flood subsided and the hot sun dried out the wooden buildings.洪水退后,烈日把木屋都晒干了。
〈非正〉(使)戒(酒、毒等) treat sb or be treated for alcoholism dry out
It's not easy for him to dry out since he has a lot of drug-addict friends.他的毒瘾不易戒掉,因为他的很多朋友都是吸毒鬼。dry sb out
Will the doctors be able to dry the actor out in time for his next film?医生们能及时使这名演员在拍下部片子前戒毒吗?
To dry him out is the only way to make him healthy.戒毒是使他身体康复的唯一办法。
- (使)变干,(使)干涸 become dry; make dry dry out
- dry up (v.+adv.)
(使…)干涸 cause to become completely dry dry up
The ground dried up quickly after the rain.雨后地很快就干了。
The streams dried up in spring溪流在春天干涸。
The river in front of my house dried up last summer.去年夏天,我们屋前的那条河干涸了。
The dry spell lasted so long that nearly all the streams and ponds in the area dried up.干旱延续了很长时间,那个地区几乎所有的河塘都干涸了。
The reservoir dried up during the four-month drought.蓄水池在4个月的干旱期间全干了。
The sports-field has now dried up. Let's go and do some running.运动场已经干了,我们去跑步吧。
Seas may dry up, stones wear away, but my heart will never change.海可枯,石可烂,我的心永不变。dry sth ⇔ up
The long drought dried up all the wells.长期的干旱使所有的井都干涸了。
The sun came out and dried up the streets.太阳出来把马路晒干了。
枯竭; 用光,耗尽 be completely used, exhausted or finished dry up
We have no milk to sell; the cows have dried up.奶牛没奶了; 我们没有牛奶可卖。
Will his powers of invention ever dry up?他的创造力会枯竭吗?
My imagination has not dried up yet.我的想象力还没有完全枯竭呢。
In middle age his inspiration dried up.他中年时期就没有灵感了。
After his third novel, his imagination seemed to dry up.写完第三本小说后,他的想象力似乎枯竭了。
Your savings will soon dry up if you spend your money like that.像那样花钱的话,你的积蓄会很快用光的。
〈英〉擦干碗碟 make tea-cups dry dry up
I'll wash the dishes if you'll dry up for me.如果你来擦碟的话,我就洗这些碟子。dry sth ⇔ up
Dry up the dishes!把碟子擦干!
〈非正〉住口 stop talking dry up
Oh, dry up!喂,住口!
Dry up! Don't say any more!住嘴,别再说了!
I wish the conversation will dry up.我希望谈话不要再继续下去。
Can't you dry up?I'm tired of hearing such nonsense.你住嘴好吗?我听腻了这种废话。
Now I'm going to dry up and let someone else have his say.现在我就不讲了,让其他人发言。
“Dry up!” he said angrily to me.他气愤地对我说:“不要说啦!”dry sb up
A funny answer might dry her up for a short time.一个滑稽可笑的回答会使她短时间内说不下去。
(演员等)忘记台词或动作 (in acting) forget one's lines or part dry up
When I got on the stage I just dried up.我上了舞台,就把台词都忘光了。
The actor dried up in the middle of his speech.这位演员说到一半忘了台词。
She paused, and John feared that she was about to dry up.她停住了,约翰担心她说不下去了。
像蒸发似地消散或消失 disappear or vanish as if by evaporating dry up
The Senator's influence dried up when he was voted out of office.那参议员在他竞选失败后,影响力也消失了。
- (使…)干涸 cause to become completely dry dry up
- dry air 干燥的空气
- dry battery 干电池(组)
- dry book 枯燥的书
- dry cell 干电池
- dry champagne 不甜的香槟酒
- dry cider 不甜的苹果汁
- dry cleaner 干洗剂,干洗商
- dry climate 干旱的气候
- dry coal 干煤
- dry color 干颜料
- dry cough 干咳
- dry country 禁酒的国家
- dry dock 平船坞
- dry dredger 陆地挖泥机
- dry eyes 无泪的眼
- dry facts 不加渲染的事实
- dry farming 旱地农作(法)
- dry firewood 干柴
- dry fly (钓鱼用的)假虫饵
- dry goods 干货,谷类,织物类
- dry greetings 冷淡的问候
- dry house 干燥室
- dry ice 干冰
- dry interview 一无所获的采访
- dry jest 一本正经说出的笑话
- dry lake 干涸的湖
- dry land 干涸的陆地
- dry laws 禁酒法令
- dry lecture 枯燥的讲演
- dry lodging 不供膳食的寓所
- dry nurse 保姆
- dry oven 烘箱,烘干炉
- dry party 没有酒的宴会
- dry pluck 重击,重打
- dry politeness 常规的礼貌
- dry run 演习,(飞机)模拟投弹练习
- dry saltern 干货店,干货类,干货业
- dry season 旱季
- dry states 禁酒的州
- dry subject 枯燥无味的题目
- dry summer 干旱的夏天
- dry thanks 常套虚礼
- dry town 禁酒的城镇
- dry weight 净重
- dry welcome 不热情的欢迎
- dry well 枯井
- dry wine 无甜味的酒
- dry work 使人口渴的工作
- dry year 没有作品发表的年头
- dry enough 够干地
- dry as a bone 干透的
- dry as dust 枯燥无味
- not dry behind the ears 未成熟的,乳臭未干的
- dry for a week 一周无水,干了一周
- dry in the hot weather 在这种大热天里口渴
- dry with singing 唱得口渴(干)
- dry a cow 使牛停止分泌乳汁
- dry dishes 擦干碟子
- dry one's clothes 烘干衣服
- dry one's coat 烤干大衣
- dry one's eyes 擦干眼泪
- dry one's forehead 擦干前额
- dry one's hair 擦干头发
- dry one's handkerchief 烤干手帕
- dry one's hands 擦干手
- dry one's shoes 晒干鞋
- dry oneself 把身上擦干
- dry the corn 烤干玉米
- dry the fish 烤鱼
- desperately dry 极端枯燥无味
- destructively dry 毁灭性干燥
- feverishly dry 发烧引起口干
- heartbreakingly dry 口干得要命
- hopelessly dry 干得无望
- horribly dry 干得可怕
- insupportably dry 口干得难以忍受
- intolerably dry 口干得难受,极枯燥无味
- painfully dry 口干得难受
- quickly dry 干得快
- terribly dry 极干
- unbearably dry 口干得难受,极枯燥无味
- dry down 弄干
- dry oneself down after a shower 淋浴后把身子擦干
- dry off 弄干
- dry out 把…弄干
- dry up (河流)干涸,(想象力)枯竭,消失,住口
- dry up in the wind 被风吹干
- dry up the well 使井干涸
You had no dry clothes to replace wet ones.出自：N. Gordimer
With this dry wind the wheat seed..could not sprout.出自：P. S. Buck
She dries her eyes and regains her composure.出自：E. O
Make a fire in the kitchen and dry your things.出自：E. Hemingway
- dry用作形容词时的基本含义是表示“无论从特征还是从状态上都看不见水分的”,也可表示“水汽不足或缺少正常情况所必需的水分”,还可指“水源或其他液体枯竭”。引申可表示书、讲演、课题、教义等“枯燥的,乏味的”; 形容人的举止、言词时,意为“缺乏激情的”,也可指为表示镇静而压制感情; 还可用来形容奶牛等“没有奶的”,作家等“才情枯竭的”以及国家或地区“禁酒的”或个人“戒酒的”。
- dry可用作不及物动词或及物动词。用作不及物动词时意为“变干”,常接at the fire, by heat, in the sun等介词短语表示“变干”的方法或途径。用作及物动词时主语可为人,也可为物或事物,接名词或代词作宾语,可用于被动结构。
- dry, dried
这两个词的意思都是“干的”, dry是形容词,指本身是干的; 而dried是过去分词,指经过处理而变干。例如:dry clothes干衣服; dried vegetable干菜。再如:dry grass指草是“干的”状态,而dried grass指晒干的草(有“过程”的含义)。
- dry, bake
这两个词的共同含义是“去掉水分而变干”。其区别是：dry含义广泛,可指任何脱水变干的过程(如蒸发、吸收、固化等)和方法(如加热、吸水等); 而bake仅指“在火上加热、脱水、变干并硬结成块”,即bake是dry的一种过程和方法。例如:The stream dried up during the hot summer.小溪在炎热的夏季干涸了。本句的dry不可换用bake。We dried our clothes in front of the fire.我们在火前烘干了我们的衣服。本句中的dry也不能换为bake,因为烘干的衣服并未硬结成块。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的dgrye，意为干的；最初源自古英语的drangr，意为干木。
- DRY:Don't Repeat Yourself不要重复自己
- DRY:Don't Repeat Yourself (extreme programming)不要重复自己(极限编程)
- DRY:Dependent, Responding, Y Axis (graphing variables)依附,作为回应,Y轴上(图变量)
- dry:dry adj. 干的, 干燥的, 口渴的vt. (使)干燥, (使)变干v. 干燥 英英解释:名词dry:1. a reformer who opposes the use of intoxicat…