- adj. 脏的；肮脏的；下流的；卑鄙的；腐败的；不正当的
- v. 弄脏；玷污
- 肮脏的 not clean, covered with dirt
- 下流的,淫秽的 obscene
- 卑劣的,不公平的 unfair, underhand
- 恶劣的 rough
- vt. 弄脏 make sth dirty
- vi. 变脏 become dirty
soiled or likely to soil with dirt or grime;
"dirty unswept sidewalks"
"a child in dirty overalls"
"piles of dirty dishes"
"put his dirty feet on the clean sheet"
"wore an unclean shirt"
"mining is a dirty job"
"Cinderella did the dirty work while her sisters preened themselves"
(of behavior or especially language) characterized by obscenity or indecency;
"a dirty old man"
"dirty books and movies"
"boys telling dirty jokes"
"has a dirty mouth"
"a dirty (or lousy) trick"
"a filthy traitor"
spreading pollution or contamination; especially radioactive contamination;
"the air near the foundry was always dirty"
"a dirty bomb releases enormous amounts of long-lived radioactive fallout"
contaminated with infecting organisms;
"obliged to go into infected rooms"
(of color) discolored by impurities; not bright and clear;
"a dirty (or dingy) white"
"the muddied grey of the sea"
(of a manuscript) defaced with changes;
"foul (or dirty) copy"
obtained illegally or by improper means;
expressing or revealing hostility or dislike;
violating accepted standards or rules;
"a dirty fighter"
"used foul means to gain power"
"a nasty unsporting serve"
"fined for unsportsmanlike behavior"
unethical or dishonest;
"dirty police officers"
"a sordid political campaign"
"there's dirty weather in the offing"
make soiled, filthy, or dirty;
"don't soil your clothes when you play outside!"
- The clothes on the floor are dirty.
- The tourist complained that the room was too dirty.
- The dirty pub is a beastly place.
- They sat drinking and telling dirty stories.
- They have been playing all sorts of dirty tricks.
- The progress of that country is hindered by dirty politics.
- This campaign was dirty and contentious.
- You'll dirty your hand if you play in the dirt.
- He will dirty his reputation by following bad people and doing bad things.
- It was a dirty room.
- Mother cleared the dirty dishes away when we had finished eating.
- Do you think that dirty mark will come out?
- Keep your dirty fingers off the wet paint.
- Repairing cars is a dirty job.
- They left me with a stack of dirty dishes.
- The main street was edged on both sides with dirty decaying buildings.
- I was hurt by his dirty trick.
- They were telling dirty stories.
- You've got a dirty mind.
- The company published dirty books.
- They sat up drinking and telling dirty stories.
- Don't scribble dirty words on lavatory walls.
- He got involved in some dirty dealing in the stock market.
- War is a dirty business.
- He was willing to use any dirty trick to get what he wanted.
- I'm sick of her dirty cracks about my work.
- Even in the dirtiest weather, they were driven to go out to sea.
- The boy's hands were dirty.
- My dress is getting dirty and needs washing.
- Children playing in mud get dirty.
- See how dirty your hands are!
- They were hot, dirty, and exhausted.
- I was very dusty and dirty and went up to my room to wash.
- It was very dirty, and covered with mould.
- It became dirty.
- It was found dirty.
- It was made dirty.
- I saw the book dirty.
- Don't keep it dirty and wash it.
- She used a fair cloth to clean away the dirty on the table.
- White shoes dirty very quickly.
- White gloves dirty easily.
- Don't dirty your hands.
- Don't dirty the floor.
- Don't dirty your new dress.
- You will dirty his honoured name.
- be a dirty word
不喜欢的或不正经的事物或想法 thing or idea that is disliked or not respected
- dirty work
苦活 the tasks that sb else does not like or can't face
- give sb a dirty look
厌恶地看着某人 look at sb disapprovingly or in disgust
- make dirty with
被…弄脏 be dirty by
- play a dirty trick on sb
以卑鄙的手段对付某人 play a mean trick on sb
- dirty job 脏活
- dirty mind 肮脏的灵魂
- dirty money 不义之财
- dirty story 下流的故事
- dirty trick 卑鄙的伎俩
- dirty wound 已化脓的伤口
His nappy may be dirty at every feed.出自： H. Jolly
Dark blue morocco..which won't dirty in a hurry.出自： J. Carlyle
- dirty, filthy, foul, nasty
- dirty是最普通用词,意思是“肮脏的”; filthy比dirty强烈一些,表示“令人厌恶的”; foul是这几个词中语气最强烈的词,形容人时表示“令人作呕地讨厌”,形容物时表示“恶臭的”“很肮脏的”“味道难闻的”; nasty指“极其令人厌恶的”,常用来修饰人,表示“爱挑剔的”“令人厌恶的”。例如:
- My coat is dirty.我的上衣很脏。
- I ought to sell maximum out like that,I would be utterly filthy.我应把它们大部分卖掉,我太讨厌它们了。
- The air in this room is foul, open the window.这屋里的空气令人作呕,把窗户打开。
- He is a nasty man, don't talk with him.他是一个令人厌恶的人,不要和他说话。
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的drit，意为脏，排粪。
- unclean v.