- [C]弓,弓形物 piece of wood bent into a curve by tight string joining its ends, used as a weapon for shooting arrows
- [C]鞠躬,低头 an act of bending forward the head or the upper part of the body, especially to show respect
- vt. & vi. (向…)弯腰; 鞠躬 bend the upper part of the body forward, as a way of showing respect, admitting, defeat, etc.
- vt. 低头,俯首 bend (one's head) forward
- a knot with two loops and loose ends; used to tie shoelaces
- a slightly curved piece of resilient wood with taut horsehair strands; used in playing certain stringed instruments
- front part of a vessel or aircraft;
"he pointed the bow of the boat toward the finish line"
- a weapon for shooting arrows, composed of a curved piece of resilient wood with a taut cord to propel the arrow
- something curved in shape
- bending the head or body or knee as a sign of reverence or submission or shame or greeting
- an appearance by actors or performers at the end of the concert or play in order to acknowledge the applause of the audience
- a decorative interlacing of ribbons
- a stroke with a curved piece of wood with taut horsehair strands that is used in playing stringed instruments
- bend one's knee or body, or lower one's head;
"He bowed before the King"
"She bowed her head in shame"
- yield to another's wish or opinion;
"The government bowed to the military pressure"
- bend the head or the upper part of the body in a gesture of respect or greeting;
"He bowed before the King"
- bend one's back forward from the waist on down;
"he crouched down"
"She bowed before the Queen"
"The young man stooped to pick up the girl's purse"
- play on a string instrument with a bow
- At that time, people hunt with bows and arrows.
- She has a dress decorated with bows.
- My little sister can tie shoelaces in a bow.
- The yacht hit a rock and damaged her bows.
- The cast bowed as the audience applauded.
- Every one bowed as the Queen walked into the room.
- Those branches were bowed down by the snow on them.
He drew the bow and shot an arrow.
The archer can bend a strong bow.
This bow is used to play the violin.
The rainbow is a bow.
She fastened her hair with a bow of ribbon.
The waves broke over the bows of the boat.
He made a polite bow to me.
He gave the teacher a bow and moved away with tears in the eyes.
The conductor had the soloists take a bow.
The new book will make its bow early next year.
The trees bowed in the wind.
He bowed his thanks.
They bowed their heads in prayer.
He bowed me to the door.
He was bowed into a taxi.
He is bowed with age.
He bowed me his heartiest thanks.
- another〔two〕 string(s) to one's bow
有不止一个计划〔办法〕 additional attribute or talent
As both a novelist and a university lecturer, she has two strings to her bow. 身兼小说家及大学讲师,她有一个可替换的办法。
- 有不止一个计划〔办法〕 additional attribute or talent
- bow before〔to〕 (v.+prep.)
向(某人鞠躬) bend at the waist in a humble manner, in the presence of (sb important) or as a sign of worship of (a god)
All the men in the court bowed before the king as he entered. 国王进来时,宫廷里所有人都向他躬身行礼。
听从,同意… yield to sth
I bow before your opinion, and will take your advice. 我同意你的意见,并接受你的忠告。
- 向(某人鞠躬) bend at the waist in a humble manner, in the presence of (sb important) or as a sign of worship of (a god)
- bow down (v.+adv.)
压弯(某物); 使(某物)弯下 weigh down; cause (sth) to bend bow sth ⇔ down 用于 be ～ed 结构
The apple tree was bowed down with the weight of its fruit.那棵苹果树果实累累,压弯了树枝。
He was bowed down with troubles.他因操劳过度而精神不振。
屈服 admit defeat and agree to serve sb bow down
We shall never bow down to our enemies.我们永远不会向敌人屈服。
- 压弯(某物); 使(某物)弯下 weigh down; cause (sth) to bend bow sth ⇔ down 用于 be ～ed 结构
- bow out (v.+adv.)
躬身送(某人)出门 bend politely to (sb) as he leaves bow sb/oneself ⇔ out
The servant bowed the guests out as they left.客人们离去时,仆人躬身送他们出门。
When leaving the presence of the princess, you have to bow yourself out as you go.辞别公主时,你必须躬身退出。
放弃做(某事) stop doing sth bow oneself ⇔ out
Jim bowed himself out of the competition when he learned who his opponent was.吉姆得知谁是他的对手后,退出了比赛。
- 躬身送(某人)出门 bend politely to (sb) as he leaves bow sb/oneself ⇔ out
- bow string 弓弦
- bow low 深深鞠躬
- bow politely 彬彬有礼地行礼
- bow down to 崇拜…
- bow down upon one's knees 跪下请求
- bow down with age 因年老而腰弯
- bow sb in 恭敬地迎进某人
- bow sb out 恭敬地送出某人
A dewie Cloud, and in the Cloud a bow.出自：Milton
The grim line of her mouth unfroze and altered, down-drawn into a bow of pain.出自：P. Gallico
Like an ass whose back with ingots bows.出自：Measure for Measure,Shakespeare
When..the strong men shall bowe themselves.出自：Bible (AV): Ecclesiastes
She bow'd down And wept in secret.出自：Tennyson
- bow用作及物动词,接名词或代词作宾语,有时也可接双宾语; 用作不及物动词,后可接介词或副词。
- bow, arc, arch, curve
这四个词都指“弯曲,曲线”。curve含意最广,指任何一种不中断但不断改变方向的曲线; arc指弧线; arch指弓形物,拱门等; bow则指射箭用的弓,弓形物,指弯曲到“U”形之物。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的bguan；最初源自原始日耳曼语的bguon，意为弯曲，鞠躬。
- Cupid's bow爱神丘比特之弓...
- bend over弯腰
- bow down鞠躬
- curtain call谢幕
- give in屈服
- BOW:Browsable On-air Witness (TV studio loop video recorder for legal proof/monitoring; EVS Broadcast Equipment)在电视演播室浏览的证人证明为合法回路录象机、电动汽车的广播设备/监控
- BOW:Becoming An Outdoors Woman (Montana FWP)成为一个户外女人(蒙大拿FWP)
- BOW:Bill of Work比尔工作
- bow:bow n. 弓, 乐弓, 弓形, 鞠躬, 船首v. 鞠躬, 弯腰习惯用语be down by bows 在沉没中in bows 命令起桨开船on the bow 在正前方(船头左右)45度弧内bow…