- adj. 活着的；有活力的；注意到的；热闹的
- 活着,没死 living, not dead
- [P]有活力,活泼 lively, active
- [P]存在着,继续不断 in existence, continuing
"the happiest person alive"
"the nerve is alive"
"doctors are working hard to keep him alive"
"a live canary"
(often followed by `with') full of life and spirit;
"she was wonderfully alive for her age"
"a face alive with mischief"
having life or vigor or spirit;
"an animated and expressive face"
"became very animated when he heard the good news"
(followed by `to' or `of') aware of;
"is alive to the moods of others"
"keep hope alive"
"the tradition was still alive"
"an active tradition"
mentally perceptive and responsive;
"an alert mind"
"alert to the problems"
"alive to what is going on"
"awake to the dangers of her situation"
"was now awake to the reality of his predicament"
capable of erupting;
"a live volcano"
"the volcano is very much alive"
- She clung to the hope that her son was still alive.
- Are your grandparents still alive?
- Although he is eighty, he is still very much alive.
- He is fully alive to the possible dangers.
- The city was all alive when he arrived.
- He was the only one alive then.
- Thousands of Chinese miners, dead or alive , were thrown into the death pit by the Japanese fascists.
- Who is the greatest man alive?
- The old man is still alive.
- Many great writers were not appreciated fully while they were alive.
- He accounted himself lucky to be alive.
- You shall never want for money while I am alive.
- The elephant was still breathing, so we knew it was still alive.
- What a miracle!The rescue-party dug out from underneath the debris an infant who was intact and still alive!
- You can count up the great poets still alive , on the fingers of one hand.
- The plant is alive after all! There are new leaves growing out.
- Everyone looks alive.
- You seem very much alive today.
- He is alive in every nerve.
- He is alive to the feelings of humour.
- Are you alive to what is going on?
- The streets are alive with people.
- He is alive with fervor.
- Her face was alive with laughter.
- The whole square was alive with singing and rejoicing.
- Hunters could bring them back alive.
- They captured the enemy officer alive.
- The policeman has caught the murderer alive .
- I caught a bird alive in the tree.
- The food he got could barely keep him alive .
- The money will suffice to keep her alive.
- I kept my mental and critical faculties alive .
- The news of victory kept us alive in excitement.
- Newspaper reports kept the story alive.
- alive and kicking
生气勃勃,精神饱满; 活泼,活跃 still living; in good health and active
- alive to
对…注意到〔敏感〕aware of or responsive to sth
- alive with
充满 full of
- come alive
栩栩如生 be vivid; be lively
- look alive
赶快,快些 hurry up; be brisk
- very much alive 非常活跃
Is my boysGod rest his soul!salive or dead?出自：Merchant of Venice , Shakespeare
The most contented happy man alive.出自： Steele
Why, bless my heart alive, my dear, how late you are!出自： Dickens
- alive不能用very修饰,但可以说much alive或very much alive。用very much比用much普遍。
- alive后可跟介词with,也可接to,意思不同,前者的意思是“充满”; 后者的意思是“觉察到”“对…都一样”“感觉到”。
- alive属于表语形容词，不能说very alive，只能说much alive或very much alive（后者比前者使用更普遍），等同于alive的定语形容词是living或live；
- the greatest poet alive和the greatest living poet表达方式均可，意思也相同，也可说the greatest poet living，不过不常用，最好是说the greatest poet now living。
- alive, live, living
- 1.alive多用于人,与dead相对,指“还活着的”,着重于状态; living指没有死、消失,继续存在、活动或起着作用,可修饰人,也可修饰物; 而live指“活的; 真的”,只用于物。
- 2.alive只用作表语或后置定语; living既可用作定语,又可用作表语; 而live仅用作定语。例如：
- The mortally wounded man was unconscious but still alive.那个受了致命伤的人处于昏迷状态,可是还活着。
- He has never seen a live tiger.他从没见过一只活老虎。
- He is the greatest living poet.他是在世的最伟大的诗人。
- Shelly was still living雪莱还活着。
误 An enemy soldier was caught living.
正 An enemy soldier was caught alive.
析 “活捉”应译成catch alive,不可用living。对我们来说,活人比死人更重要。
误 The alive are more important to us than the dead.
正 The living are more important to us than the dead.
析 表示“活着的人”须用the living,不可说the alive。
- ☆ 13世纪进入英语，直接源自古英语的on life，意为充满活力的。