- 把…嫁给， 为…娶亲
- 哎呀！ 哟！真！真是！
- vt. & vi. (使)结婚,娶,嫁 take as a husband or wife; (cause to) take in marriage
- vt. 为…主持婚礼 perform the ceremony of marriage for (two people)
- vt. & vi. 结合 combine
take in marriage
perform a marriage ceremony;
"The minister married us on Saturday"
"We were wed the following week"
"The couple got spliced on Hawaii"
- He will marry the girl first or last.
- My hope is that I can marry her.
- Much as I like her, I will not marry her.
- Will you marry me?
- He didn't marry until he was fifty.
- I take it you wish to marry her.
- She married money.
- It is very unwise for the girl to marry him.
- Common military interests marry the two nations.
- Young people don't have to have parental consent to marry.
- They are in love with each other and wish to marry.
- She married again six months after the death of her first husband.
- She married well and happily and was a devoted mother and wife.
- Marry in haste and repent at leisure.
- Harry didn't marry until he was over fifty.
- She married to get away from her stepmother.
- Her father and mother married young.
- She married late in life.
- You wouldn't marry a man such as he, would you?
- She married a French man.
- Mary said she wanted to marry a millionaire.
- I'm glad Hubert married a girl of cheery personality.
- Byron has married an heiress.
- She married a foreigner for mere lucre.
- He married a girl for her pretty face.
- She married him for love.
- He had married her principally for the sake of her father's property.
- One of their daughters married a lot of money.
- I married Canada twenty years ago.20
- The priest married the couple.
- The old engineer married the young man and the young girl.
- What is the name of the priest who married you?
- You'll have to go and ask the vicar if he'll marry you in church.
- This poem marries theme and style well.
- Common interests married the two countries.
- He got married last week.
- They have just got married.
- My parents got married in 1950.They have been married for over forty years.
- Are you married or single?
- They are married.
- Mr. Brown and Miss Wilson were married this morning by a priest.
- The third chapter described their married life.
- marry above( v.+prep. )
同地位高的人结婚 marry oneself of a higher social level
marry above oneself/sb/sth
The actress married above herself when a lord fell in love with her after seeing her performance at the theatre.
No good can come of your marrying above your station!
- marry against( v.+prep. )
违背…结婚 take in marriage against (one's will)
marry against sth
She married against her relatives' wishes.
- marry beneath( v.+prep. )
同地位低的人结婚 marry sb of a lower social level
marry beneath oneself
In former times, if a gentleman married beneath himself, he would lose his share of the family fortune.
- marry off( v.+adv. )
(指父母)把女儿嫁出去 (parents) find a husband for a daughter
marry sb ⇔ off
He had married off all his daughters and settled his sons.
She considered her duties done after she had married off all her daughters.
She married off her daughter to a young diplomat.
I shall be glad when the last of my daughters is married off, then I might have some peace of mind.
- marry to( v.+prep. )
一心扑在…上 put one's heart into sth
- marry together( v.+adv. )
结合起来 combine together
marry sth ⇔ together
They are trying to marry together a number of scientific disciplines.
- marry with( v.+prep. )
与…结合 be combined with
marry sth with sb/sth
She marries wit with scholarship in her writing.
You should marry intellect with sensibility in dealing with it.
Their racism at home has been married with their racism abroad.
- marry a duke 嫁给一个公爵
- marry a fortune 和有钱人结婚
- marry a Frenchman 和一个法国人结了婚
- marry a girl from school 和一个刚从学校毕业的女子结婚
- marry a girl out of a restaurant 与饭馆中的女子结婚
- marry a heiress 娶一个女继承人
- marry a man 嫁给一个男人,同一个男人结婚
- marry again 再婚
- marry early 早婚
- marry late 晚婚
- marry well 结成良缘
- marry congenially 天生一对
- marry dubiously 婚事未定,暧昧结合
- marry eventually 终于结婚
- marry happily 婚姻幸福
- marry hastily 匆匆结婚
- marry honorably 光荣地出嫁
- marry impetuously 冲动地结合
- marry imprudently 鲁莽成婚,轻率结合
- marry recklessly 鲁莽地成婚
- marry secretly 秘密地结婚
- marry spitefully 恶意成婚
- marry subsequently 随后出嫁,后来成婚
- marry in 通过婚姻而成为某家庭中的一员
- marry off 嫁出,让…结婚
- marry sb off to a teacher 把…嫁给一个教师
- marry out 和本民族、本集团以外的人结婚
- marry up 结婚,结合,配合
- marry above oneself 和比自己身份高的人结婚
- marry against one's will 违背意愿而去结婚
- marry among 在…内部通婚
- marry below oneself 和比…身份低的人结婚
- marry beneath 和比…身份低的人结婚
- marry sb for love 因爱情而同…结婚
- marry into 结婚后成为…家中的一员
- marry into a rich family 嫁给富人家
- marry on 靠…而结婚
- marry art to practicality 使艺术和实用性结合起来
- marry sb to 把某人嫁给
- marry with the left hand 和身份低微的人结婚
- marry without... 未得到…就结婚
You shall be the priest, and marry us.出自：As You Like It , Shakespeare
She became engaged to him and the following June they were married.出自： A. Livingstone
- marry可用于marry sb to sb/sth 结构,意为“(父母)把女儿嫁给某人”或“让…与…结婚”。用于比喻,也可表示“把全副精力用于…”。
- marry接介词for可表示结婚的原因或目的; 接介词in表示“通过结婚而成为某家族或集团的成员”; 接介词“above〔below,beneath〕＋one”表示“与比自己身份、地位高或低的人结婚”; 后接介词against one's will〔wishes〕表示“违背某人的意愿〔愿望〕结婚”。
- marry后的宾语可以猜出时着重点不是宾语而是动作时,可以把宾语省略而用作不及物动词。marry用作不及物动词时常与副词early, late, well, happily, never, again等连用。
- be married, get married
- 1.be married用来表示已婚状态, married用作形容词,意为“已结婚的”; 而get married则可以构成被动结构,有“被…”的含义,有时也用于表示动作。
- 2.在现在完成时的句子里, be married可与表示一段时间的状语连用; 而get married只能跟表示某一时间点的状语连用。
- He is not a marrying man.
- He is not a married man.
- He is not a marriageable man.
误 He has married for two years.
正 He married two years ago.
正 He has been married for two years.
误 Mike married with Rose.
误 Mike was〔got〕 married with Rose.
正 Mike married Rose.
正 Mike was〔got〕 married to Rose.
析 表示“与…结婚”时,无论是marry还是be/get married后面都不可接介词with。他们于1981年结婚。
误 They were married (to) each other in 1981.
正 They were married in 1981.
析 marry的主语是复数,指的是两人结婚,因而不可再加each other或to each other。
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的marier，意为结婚；最初源自拉丁语的maritare，意为结婚。