- 加重量于， 在...上加重量，加重压于
- 使负担，使负重， 使负重荷
- 称...的重量， 掂估...的分量
- [U] [C] 重量,分量 the heaviness of sth, especially as measured by a certain system; amount that sth weighs
- [U] 重的特性; 重力 quality of being heavy; amount of force with which a body is drawn towards by gravity
- [C] [U] 重量单位 unit or system of units by which weight is measured and expressed
- [C] 秤砣,砝码; 重物 piece of metals of a known heaviness, with scales for weighing things; heavy object
- [S] 负荷,负担 load to be supported or burden of responsibility or worry
- [U] 重要性,严重性,影响力 importance, seriousness or influence
- vt. 使…变重 make sth heavier
- vt. 偏袒 bias
the vertical force exerted by a mass as a result of gravity
sports equipment used in calisthenic exercises and weightlifting; it is not attached to anything and is raised and lowered by use of the hands and arms
the relative importance granted to something;
"his opinion carries great weight"
"the progression implied an increasing weightiness of the items listed"
an artifact that is heavy
an oppressive feeling of heavy force;
"bowed down by the weight of responsibility"
a system of units used to express the weight of something
a unit used to measure weight;
"he placed two weights in the scale pan"
(statistics) a coefficient assigned to elements of a frequency distribution in order to represent their relative importance
weight down with a load
present with a bias;
"He biased his presentation so as to please the share holders"
- The pillars have to support the weight of the roof.
- He gained some weight recently.
- He has put on weight since I last saw him.
- The full weight of decision-making falls on her.
- The President swings his weight to get laws passed.
- His opinion doesn't carry much weight.
- The loss of the money has been a weight on my mind.
- The true giants weight nearly a ton
- We'll weight up the consequences of the action.
- The desk not weight itself.
- carry weight
有影响力 have influence
- pull one's weight
努力做好自己分内的工作 do one's full share of work
- sheer weight of numbers
集体的力量结合起来才能胜过对方 combine weight, strength, influence, etc. of a group which is larger than another
- weight down (v.+adv.)
给…加负担,使…负重 burden sb
weight sb ⇔ down
She was weighted down with parcels.
He was weighted down with her heavy bags.
- weight with (v.+prep.)
用…使…变重 make sth heavy with sth
weight sth with sth
The stick had been weighted with lead.
He was weighted with troubles.
- add weight to 增加对…的重要性
- bear the weight of 能承受…的重量
- carry weight 具有重要性
- gain weight 增加体重
- get weight 发胖
- give weight to 重视…
- have weight 有影响,重要
- lend weight to 使…更重要
- lift weights 举重
- lose weight 减轻体重
- pull one's weight 努力作好自己分内的工作
- put on weight 增加体重
- take a weight off sb's mind 使某人放心
- take off weight 减轻体重
- throw one's weight about 滥用权势,仗势欺人
- atomic weight 原子量
- dead weight 自重,最大载重量
- heavy weights 重量级
- light weights 轻量级
- net weight 净重
- overall weight 总重
- birth weight 出生时重量
- the weight of the food 食物的重量
The proportions of acid and water were equal by weight.出自： A. T. Thomson
The most conspicuous quality in which all bodies on earth shared was weight.出自： A. Koestler
Their weighted and sorrowful life..succeeded with..joy.出自： T. Boston
A House of Commons..not weighted with..the landed class.出自： George Eliot
You walked slowly, weighted..by your immense fatigue.出自： M. Sinclair
- value v.
- keep down
- weightless adj. 没有重量的; 失重的; 无重力的