- adj. 疲倦的；厌烦的
- v. 疲倦；厌烦；生厌
- vt. & vi. (使)疲倦; (使)疲劳 (cause to) make weary; tire
- vt. & vi. (使)厌烦 bore; become bored by; lose patience with
physically and mentally fatigued;
"`aweary' is archaic"
exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress;
"We wore ourselves out on this hike"
lose interest or become bored with something or somebody;
"I'm so tired of your mother and her complaints about my food"
- After many hours in the saddle he was very weary.
- I feel weary after such a long journey.
- We all grew weary of his long-winded speech.
- He began to be weary of the research work.
- The long walk completely wearied us.
- They weary of countless restrictions and fetters.
- Novelists should never allow themselves to weary of the study of real life.
- He began to weary of the work.
- She wearies easily.
- The child wearied quickly.
- The long hours of work have wearied me.
- The trip wearied her.
- Walking up hill wearied grandfather.
- weary of (v.+prep.)
对…厌倦〔不耐烦〕 lose interest in or patience with (sb, sth, or doing sth)
weary of sb/sth/v-ing
She is wearying of his constant complaints.
He is beginning to weary of sitting still.
He wearies of living all alone.
他不愿一个人生活。weary sb of sth
The long drive had wearied us of desert scenery.
He is wearied of patience.
They were wearied of waiting.
- weary with (v.+prep.)
用…使(…)厌倦 tire (sb) with (annoying behaviour)
weary with sth/v-ing
He wearied with toil.
She wearied with marching and climbing.
她厌烦行军和爬山。weary sb with sth/v-ing
The child wearied him with endless questions.
They were wearied with walking.
- weary easily 容易疲劳
- weary naturally 自然地疲劳
- weary quickly 很快就疲倦了
- weary terribly 十分疲劳
- weary utterly 完全地疲劳
- weary out 筋疲力尽
The weary faces of other passengers.出自： O. Manning
We are both weary, we have not the energy for real communication.出自： I. Murdoch
He had wearied..of Woolwich, and..slipped up to London for a spree.出自： R. L. Stevenson
- weary用作形容词时意思是“疲劳的”,转化成动词意思是“(使)疲倦,(使)疲劳”,指通过长时间的旅行或劳动而使人筋疲力尽; 还可指通过某事而使人感到十分厌烦,即“(使)厌烦”。
- tired 疲倦的
- tire 轮胎
- beat 打
- tired out 非常疲倦
- all in 精疲力尽
- disillusioned 不再抱幻想的...
- disenchanted 不再抱幻想的...
- jaded 疲倦不堪的
- fed up annoyed, unh...
- drain 排出
- sap 树液
- exhaust 使筋疲力尽
- fatigued 疲乏的
- listless 无精打采的
- lethargic 昏睡的
- faint 微弱的
- weak 弱的
- sluggish 缓慢的
- fag (尤英）苦工...
- tiresome 令人厌倦的
- oppress 使烦恼
- sleepy 欲睡的
- languish 衰弱无力
- bored 无聊的
- exhausted 用完的
- labor 工人
- fatigue 疲劳
- jade 玉石
- outwear 穿旧
- wear down 使磨损, 使厌倦...
- pall 遮盖物
- fag out 使极度疲劳,使累坏,使极...
- aweary <古>疲倦的
- tire out 使筋疲力尽
- wear out 穿破
- wear 磨损
- weariful adj. 使人疲倦的‖weariless adj. (使人)不倦的,不烦的‖wearily adv. 使人疲倦地‖weariness n. 疲倦; 厌倦