- n. 残株；烟蒂；讲演台
- v. 受窘；踏步；演说
- [C] (被砍下的树的)树桩，树墩 the base of a tree left after the rest has been cut down
- [C] 残余部分，残段，残根 anything similar that remains after the main part has been cut or broken off,or worn down
- vi. 僵直地行走；跺步行走 walk stiffly or noisily
- vt. 把(某人)难住；使为难 be too difficult for sb;puzzle
the base part of a tree that remains standing after the tree has been felled
the part of a limb or tooth that remains after the rest is removed
(cricket) any of three upright wooden posts that form the wicket
a platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it
cause to be perplexed or confounded;
"This problem stumped her"
"The men stomped through the snow in their heavy boots"
travel through a district and make political speeches;
"the candidate stumped the Northeast"
remove tree stumps from;
"stump a field"
- The code was no longer anything more than a stump in his hand.
- Just before starting the driver picked up in the street a stump of a cigar an inch long, and put it in his mouth.
- He went on the stump in his home state.
- I'm stumped: I just don't know what to do.
- He stumped angrily out of the room.
- The candidate for governor will stump the state.
- She doesn't have enough funds to stump the country.
- He used the stump as a table.
- Rocks and stumps supplied the place of chairs at the picnic.
- He wore a broad grin, displaying twin stumps of teeth.
- She stumped out of the room, deeply offended by his reaction.
- You've stumped me—what is the total mass of the moon?
- We're all stumped—we can't work out how she escaped.
- stump orator 树桩演说家
- stump up (不情愿地)付出(所...
- on the stump 作巡回政治演说...
- stump wood 明子
- stump fence 树桩围培
- stump height 伐根高
- stump pregnancy 残端子宫妊娠...
- stump plant 插条,萌条
- stump pain 残端痛
- stump figure 根株花纹
- stump pasture 森林砍伐后牧地...
- stump rot 根腐
- stump speech 政治演说
- tree stump 树桩
- stump veneer 根材单板
- stump bur 残根牙钻
- cabbage stump 甘蓝残茬,甘蓝短缩茎...
- up a stump 茫然失措(困惑不解)...
- whip the devil round the stump 投机取巧(采用不正当...
- stir your stumps 赶快(快走)
Their finger-nails went, shredded and torn away, to leave their fingers bleeding stumps.出自： B. England
I hear his stump on the stairs.出自： S. Foote
The mortuary crosses were cut down, or stumped, in our churchyards.出自： M. S. Gatty
She heard..a horse coming stump, stump, up to the door.出自： G. Borrow
- baffle 困惑
- puzzle 难题
- mystify 迷惑
- perplex 使困惑
- confound 使困惑
- base 底部
- stub 烟蒂
- butt 烟蒂
- end 结束
- remains 剩余物
- remnant 残余
- nubbin 小瘤
- nonplus 使困惑
- bewilder 使迷惑
- flummox 使混乱
- confuse 使困惑
- campaign 运动
- remainder 剩余物
- electioneer 从事选举活动...
- rest 剩余的部分
- leftovers 剩余物
- tree 树
- run 跑
- heel 脚后跟
- soapbox 肥皂箱
- mix up 搅匀
- stamp 邮票
- pulpit 讲道坛
- podium 讲台
- tree stump 树桩
- rostrum 演讲坛
- ambo 读经台
- dais 讲台
- stomp 跺（脚）