a short piece remaining on a trunk or stem where a branch is lost
a small piece;
"a nub of coal"
"a stub of a pencil"
a torn part of a ticket returned to the holder as a receipt
the part of a check that is retained as a record
the small unused part of something (especially the end of a cigarette that is left after smoking)
pull up (weeds) by their roots
extinguish by crushing;
"stub out your cigarette now"
clear of weeds by uprooting them;
"stub a field"
strike (one's toe) accidentally against an object;
"She stubbed her toe in the dark and now it's broken"
- I dinched the cigarette carefully, put the stub into the cigarette case.
- The crayon had been worn down to a stub.
- I can't write with this pencil stub.
- Show your ticket stub at the entrance.
- When you get on the transfer bus, just show the bus driver the ticket stub.
- I've stubbed my toe on a rock.
- Please stub out your cigarette.
- Stub out your cigarette in the ash tray.
- stub out 踩熄
- stub network 底层网络
- stub nail 短粗的钉
- check stub 支票存根
- stub axle 转向轴,短轴,丁字轴...
- stub guy 有拉桩的拉线...
- stub feeder 直接电源馈路...
- stub tuner 短线党器
- stub card 计数卡片,存根卡片...
- stub end 连杆端,焊条裸尾...
- stub angle 短棒角接头
- tuning stub 调谐短截线
- matching stub 匹配短截线
- compensating stub 补偿短截线
- terminal stub 终端短线
- stub cable 连接电缆
- stub land 茬地
- closed stub 闭合短线
- stub pipe 短管
- stub one's toe on something 无意中踢到某物...
Old stockes and stubs of trees.出自： Spenser
He..stubbed up a hedge which had been the boundary.出自： A. Jessopp