- adj. 卧倒的；拜倒的；瓦解的；无能为力的
- v. 拜倒；倒下；无能为力；筋疲力尽；虚脱
stretched out and lying at full length along the ground;
"found himself lying flat on the floor"
lying face downward
get into a prostrate position, as in submission
render helpless or defenseless;
"They prostrated the enemy"
throw down flat, as on the ground;
"She prostrated herself with frustration"
- The prisoners were forced to lie prostrate in front of their captors.
- The country,prostrate after years of war,began slowly to recover.
- The illness left her prostrate for several weeks.
- The slaves prostrated themselves at their master's feet.
- The trees were prostrated by the gales.
- The competitors were prostrated by the heat.
- Two of the runners collapsed in a state of prostration.
- prostrate stem 平卧茎
Some lay prostrate..foreheads touching the ground.出自： A. B. Edwards
Kicking the prostrate body of his rival.出自： D. H. Lawrence
Everybody..prostrated before the image.出自： R. K. Narayan
The straw was so lovely it could almost make him want to prostrate himself upon it.出自： P. Kavanagh
- prone 易于 ... 的
- flat 平坦的
- powerless 无力的
- horizontal 水平的
- helpless 无助的
- overcome 战胜
- lying 说谎的
- defenseless 无防备的
- face down 正面朝下
- level 数量
- drained 动词drain的过去式,...
- exhausted 用完的
- desperate 绝望的
- at a low ebb 处于低潮
- miserable 痛苦的
- depressed 沮丧的
- low 低的
- reclining 动词recline的现在...
- dispirited 沮丧的
- obedient 服从的
- acquiescent 默许的
- conformable 一致的
- down 向下
- tire 轮胎
- bow down 鞠躬