- vt. 使开化；使文明
- vt. 使开化,文明 cause to improve from a primitive stage of human society to a more developed one
- vt. 给予教育 improve and educate
teach or refine to be discriminative in taste or judgment;
"Cultivate your musical taste"
"Train your tastebuds"
"She is well schooled in poetry"
raise from a barbaric to a civilized state;
"The wild child found wandering in the forest was gradually civilized"
- His wife has had a civilizing influence on him.
- Many a rough man has been civilized by his wife.
- They civilized the savages.
- Schools will help to civilize the wild tribes there.
- The missionaries intended to civilize the wild tribes of Africa.
- The Romans civilized a great part of the world.
- He has been civilized by the hero.
- The rough man has been civilized by his wife.
- civilize away (v.+adv.)
教育使其改掉 get rid of sth by civilization
civilize sth ⇔ away
We must civilize away the boy's bad habit.