- n. 沟渠；壕沟
- vt. 丢弃；坠入沟中；飞机（在海上）迫降
- vi. 挖渠；飞机紧急降落
- [C]沟,渠 as for water to flow though
a long narrow excavation in the earth
any small natural waterway
"ditch a lover"
"Chuck these old notes"
sever all ties with, usually unceremoniously or irresponsibly;
"The company dumped him after many years of service"
"She dumped her boyfriend when she fell in love with a rich man"
make an emergency landing on water
crash or crash-land;
"ditch a car"
"ditch a plane"
cut a trench in, as for drainage;
"ditch the land to drain it"
"trench the fields"
- The car ran off the road into a ditch.
- The frog jumped into the ditch.
- The invaders cut off their prisoners' arms and legs and threw their mutilated bodies into the ditch.
- The soldier made a dive for the ditch.
- When the road becomes impassable,we have to ditch the car and walk.
- The driver had to ditch the bus.
- The plane had to ditch over rough waters.
- My headlights shone over a broad ditch of water.
He ditches her after a night of love.出自： A. Burgess
I ditched the car and walked the last mile.出自： M. Amis
Even some projects described as 'important'..may be ditched as the Council draw up their priority lists.出自：Dumfries Courier