- [C]约会,约定 an arrangement for a meeting with an agreed time and place
- [C][U]任命,委派; 职务,职位 the choosing of sb for a position or job
the act of putting a person into a non-elective position;
"the appointment had to be approved by the whole committee"
a meeting arranged in advance;
"she asked how to avoid kissing at the end of a date"
(usually plural) furnishings and equipment (especially for a ship or hotel)
a person who is appointed to a job or position
the job to which you are (or hope to be) appointed;
"he applied for an appointment in the treasury"
(law) the act of disposing of property by virtue of the power of appointment;
"she allocated part of the trust to her church by appointment"
- I've made an appointment for a facial next week.
- He wants to change his appointment from Monday to Wednesday.
- His promotion to manager was a popular appointment.
- The appointments in this hotel are very good.
- I believe he will get a good appointment.
- The director won't see you unless you have an appointment.
- I have an appointment with him at four o'clock.
- They made an appointment for the second day of May.
- I hope to get a teaching appointment at the new school.
- He secured the appointment of professor of English literature in the university.
- They made the appointment of Peter as chairman of the union.
- Can I make an appointment to see the manager?
- accept an appointment 接受任命
- announce the appointment of 宣布…的任命
- decline an appointment 拒绝接受职位
- get an appointment 谋得一个职位
- give up one's appointment 辞去职务
- obtain an appointment 谋得一个职位
- receive an appointment 接受任命
- resign one's appointment 辞去职务
- take up an appointment 就职
- throw up one's appointment 辞去职务
- cancel an appointment 取消约会
- decline an appointment 拒绝约会
- fix an appointment 约会
- keep one's appointment 守约
- make an appointment 约会
- diplomatic appointment 外交职务
- good appointment 好职位
- official appointment 正式职务
- permanent appointment 永久职务
- public appointment 公职
- temporary appointment 临时职务
- life appointment 终生职位
- appointment as manager 担任经理的职务
- the appointment of sb to an office 任命某人担任某职
- the appointment to the professorship 被任命为大学教授
For missing your meetings and appointments.出自：Merry Wives of Windsor , Shakespeare
If people did not keep their appointments with him well before the specified time he always counted them as being late.出自： N. Mitford
I'd like an appointment to see Dr. Rose just before lunch.出自： J. Barth
- appointment的基本意思是“约会,约定”,其后可接动词不定式作其定语; 表示“(什么时间的)约会”时,后面可接介词at或for。
- assignment 分配
- date 日期
- engagement 约会
- meeting 会议
- rendezvous 约会
- nomination 提名
- selection 选择
- job 工作
- position 位置
- office 办公室
- place 地方
- naming 命名
- designation 指示
- assignation 约会
- scheduled time 会晤时间
- slot 狭缝
- choice 选择
- employment 职业
- promotion 提升
- delegation 代表团
- opening 开口
- installation 安装
- placement 方位
- arrangement 布置
- tryst 幽会
- berth 停泊处
- billet 兵舍
- post 职位
- station 站
- option 选择权
- settlement 解决
- admission 承认
- fitting 合适的
- appointee 被任命人