- v. 落下；走下；<古>偶然发现
- adj. 燃烧的；（因激动或幸福而脸上或眼睛）发亮的；明亮的
lighted up by or as by fire or flame;
"forests set ablaze (or afire) by lightning"
"even the car's tires were aflame"
"a night aflare with fireworks"
"candles alight on the tables"
"houses on fire"
to come to rest, settle;
"Misfortune lighted upon him"
"the birds alighted"
- An airplane alighted on the airdrome.
- She will alight from the fiacre.
- Passengers should not alight from the train until it has stopped.
- He alighted on a rare medical herb.
- The car was doused in petrol and set alight.
- The firewood was so wet that we couldn't get it alight.
- Her face was alight with happiness.
- The house was alight with candles.
His Majesty alighted out of his Coach.出自： Clarendon
Our travellers..alighted from their palfreys.出自： Joyce
Elegantly dressed people were alighting from cars.出自： B. Pym
- on fire 着火
- ablaze 着火的
- perch 栖木
- burning 燃烧的
- in flames 在燃烧, 陷入烈焰之中...
- blazing 强烈的
- flaming 燃烧的
- get off 从 ... 下来
- get out 离开
- descend 下降
- dismount 下马
- land 陆地
- rest 剩余的部分
- stop 停止
- settle 解决
- aflame 燃烧的
- light 光
- climb down 让步
- aflare 闪耀着
- afire 着火的
- ride 骑