- [S] 世界,地球 the body in space on which we live; the Earth
- [C] 天体,星球 star system, especially one which may contain life
- [S] 界,领域 a group of living things; a particular area of human activity
- [S] 众人; 世人; 人类 people generally; the public
- [S] 世间; 人间 material standards and principles, rather than those of the spirit
everything that exists anywhere;
"they study the evolution of the universe"
"the biggest tree in existence"
people in general; especially a distinctive group of people with some shared interest;
"the Western world"
all of your experiences that determine how things appear to you;
"his world was shattered"
"we live in different worlds"
"for them demons were as much a part of reality as trees were"
the 3rd planet from the sun; the planet we live on;
"the Earth moves around the sun"
"he sailed around the world"
people in general considered as a whole;
"he is a hero in the eyes of the public"
a part of the earth that can be considered separately;
"the outdoor world"
"the world of insects"
the concerns of this life as distinguished from heaven and the afterlife;
"they consider the church to be independent of the world"
all of the living human inhabitants of the earth;
"all the world loves a lover"
"she always used `humankind' because `mankind' seemed to slight the women"
involving the entire earth; not limited or provincial in scope;
"global monetary policy"
"neither national nor continental but planetary"
"a world crisis"
"of worldwide significance"
- He is the richest man in the world.
- There is a map of the world on the wall.
- Long ago, people believed that the world was flat.
- The world's natural ecosystems act as a buffer.
- Much of the world is covered by sea.
- He wanted to tell the news to the world.
- The world certainly knows from whence.
- British television is the envy of the world.
- I'll prove to the world that he was right.
- Many affairs of the world are all such.
- Let us light up the world with our brainchild!
- All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single action.
- I already began to feel that much of what the world was seeking was superficial.
- The world of science always contains a few anomalies.
- We should steadily open more fields to the outside world.
- Mr. Wang has been a smash hit in the business world.
- I suppose all the compositions are world famous pieces.
- World energy demand is increasing at a rate of about 3% per year.
- (all) the world and his wife
人人,许多人 many people
- all the world to
对…至关重要 very important to
- for all the world as if〔like〕
正像…一样 exactly as if〔like〕
- not for (all)the world
无论如何不,肯定不会 certainly not
- out of this world
好得不得了 absolutely wonderful, magnificent, beautiful, etc.The scenery and costumes for the opera are out of this world.这个歌剧的布景和戏装好极了。
- set the world on fire
极为成功并引起轰动 be very successful and cause great excitement
- what (who, why) in the world
到底是什么,究竟是什么 emphatically what, why, etc.
- astonish the world 震撼世界
- beat the world in 在…方面世界第一
- begin the world 开始谋生
- come into the world 出世,问世,诞生
- conquer the world 征服世界
- know the world 了解世界
- lead the world in ... 在…方面世界领先
- reform the world 改造世界
- rise in the world 飞黄腾达
- rule the world 统治世界
- search the world for markets 在全世界寻求市场
- see the world 游览天下,见世面
- shake the world 震撼世界
- think the world of 极其看重…,极其热爱…,极其渴望…
- travel around the world 环球旅行
- ancient world 古代世界
- changing world 变化中的世界
- civilized world 文明世界
- confused world 混乱的世界
- divided world 分裂的世界
- free world 自由世界
- known world 已知的世界
- lower world 地狱
- material world 物质世界
- modern world 现代世界
- new world 新世界
- objective world 客观世界
- Old W- 西半球(尤指欧洲)
- outer world 外部世界
- physical world 物质世界
- real world 真实的世界
- the Third W- 第三世界
- unknown world 未知世界
- whole world 全世界
- athletic world 体育界
- commercial world 商界
- economic world 经济界
- educational world 教育界
- financial world 金融界
- industrial world 工业界
- learned world 学术界
- literary world 文学界
- medical world 医学界
- mineralworld 矿物界
- musical world 音乐界
- natural world 自然界
- scientific world 科学界
- social world 社交界
- next world 来世
- animal world 动物世界
- art world 艺术界
- dancing world 舞蹈界
- gambling world 赌场
- magazine world 杂志圈
- newspaper world 新闻界
- publishing world 出版界
- reading world 读书界
- theatre world 戏剧界
- thinking world 思想界
- vegetable world 植物世界
- around〔round〕 the world 环球
- in the world of change 在变化的世界中
- the wonders of the world 世界奇观
- for all the world 无论如何
- for all the world alike 非常相似
- in the world 到底,究竟
- out of this (the) world 超凡,非常好
- to the world 完全地,彻底地
A Christian's chief care being to pass quietly through this world to a better.出自： W. Paley
She was too good for this world and for me, and she died.出自： Dickens