- v. 希望；想要
- n. 愿望；命令；渴望；祝颂（表达这个意思时，常用复数）
- vt. & vi. 希望; 想要 have a desire
- vt. 祝愿 say that one hopes for
- [C] 渴望,希望,盼望,愿望 a feeling of wanting sth, especially sth that is at present impossible; hope or desire
- [C] 希望的事,想要的东西 a thing wished for; object of hope or desire
- [C] 许愿,祈祷,祈求 an attempt to make a particular desired thing or situation happen, especially when it can only happen by magic expressed in a special way or silently; act of wishing
a specific feeling of desire;
"he got his wish"
"he was above all wishing and desire"
an expression of some desire or inclination;
"I could tell that it was his wish that the guests leave"
"his crying was an indirect request for attention"
(usually plural) a polite expression of desire for someone's welfare;
"give him my kind regards"
"my best wishes"
the particular preference that you have;
"it was his last wish"
"they should respect the wishes of the people"
hope for; have a wish;
"I wish I could go home now"
prefer or wish to do something;
"Do you care to try this dish?"
"Would you like to come along to the movies?"
make or express a wish;
"I wish that Christmas were over"
feel or express a desire or hope concerning the future or fortune of
order politely; express a wish for
"wish you a nice evening"
- If possible, I wish to work in sales department.
- I wish you a good journey.
- Do you wish to say anything?
- His wish to be an actor has come true.
- The Asian confederation has said it would leave its four executive committee members to vote as they wish rather than give an order.
- I have no wish to be an official.
- We all send our best wishes (for your recovery).
- Let's wish!
- Here again was a chance for him to make amends if he wished.
- I don't think I ought to, but I will if you wish.
- Do you wish when you see a shooting star?
- They informed him that they wished reconciliation.
- Well, if you wish it I could call on you on Friday.
- That's what I have always wished.
- I wish to lodge a complaint.
- She ardently wished to be independent.
- I don't wish to be disturbed in my work.
- Mr. White is on the phone, wishing to speak to you.
- I wish to leave my property to my children.
- They wished to have closer cultural and economic links with us.
- I wish once again to express our warmest welcome to you.
- The doctor, not wishing to make her nervous, did not fully explain the seriousness of her condition.
- I wish I were a millionaire.
- He wished Rose were there to share in the joy.
- How I wish it wasn't raining.
- I do wish I knew more about the subject.
- I wish I knew what was going to happen.
- She wished she'd stayed at home.
- He wished he hadn't done it.
- I wish Haas had come with us.This is more in his line than mine.
- I wish that you hadn't told me all this.
- She wished she had stayed at home.
- I wish that I could have gone with you last night.
- I earnestly wish I could have been present at the meeting yesterday.
- I wish he would arrive at some conclusions.
- We wish that he would settle down.
- He wishes that his father would decide the matter for him.
- I wish you wouldn't smoke any more.
- I wish he wouldn't go out every night.
- I wish very much you could manage to come over.
- I wish it might prove true.
- She wishes sincerely that she might do something to comfort him.
- The pupils wish their teacher good morning before classes begin.
- I wished her good night and went upstairs.
- He wished them all a Merry Christmas and departed early.
- They wished us good luck.
- They wished him a quick recovery.
- Let's wish you a long life.
- Wish you a pleasant trip.
- We certainly wish them victory.
- I wish him joy of his dealing with the customer who had caused so much trouble before.
- You know we wish you to be happy.
- I wish it to be clear that the decision is final.
- He wished himself dead.
- We wish nobody ill.
- Do you wish your coffee black or white, sir?
- Do you wish me to stay?
- Do you wish me to serve dinner now?
- Why don't you wish her to accept the post?
- I wish you to leave me alone.
- Is there anything else you wish me to bring you?
- He wished someone else to take his place.
- I don't wish the subject to be raised again.
- He wishes the country to be reunited at an early date to see her.
- I wish the work finished tomorrow.
- He did not wish it mentioned.
- Our wish for better times has come true.
- Please respect my wishes and do as I ask.
- If you had three wishes, what would you choose?
- She wanted a new bike for Christmas and she got her wish.
- May all your wishes come true!
- I have no wish for a well-paid position.
- He closed his eyes and made a wish.
- Give my best wishes to your parents.
- We sent our best wishes for her birthday.
- Please accept my sincere wishes.
- The wish is father to the thought.
- She had expressed a wish to see the gardens.
- His wish to make progress will surely be realized.
- I have no wish to go with him.
- I have no wish to appear rude.
- She expressed a wish to be alone.
- I have no wish to go again.
- It is our wish that he should do what he pleases.
- It is our wish that he go abroad for further study.
- It is my wish that he do so.
- His last wish was that he should see his grandchildren again.
- wish away (v.+adv.)
希望…离开〔消失〕 desire (sb/sth) to leave; try to make (sb/sth) disappear by wishing
It's no use just wishing away for week after week, you have to take some action!
光是周复一周地表白你的愿望是毫无作用的,你必须付诸某种行动!wish sb/sth away
With all her heart, she wished him away, but he refused to go.
It would be nice, wouldn't it?if we could wish this terrible weather away and make the sun shine!
She kissed the child's knee and said that she would wish the pain away.
These problems cannot be wished away, you know.
- wish for (v.+prep.)
希望得到 desire (usually sth)
wish for sth
The fisherman wished for a new house, but he was soon sorry.
I will send you the book you wished for.
The children have everything they could possibly wish for.
We wish for peace.
How she wished for an opportunity to come and visit our Great Wall.
If you wish for further explanation, you'd better apply in person to the director.
We were wishing for cool weather.
When it is hot they wish for winter.
It's no use wishing for things you can't have.
What more could one wish for?
The weather was all that could be wished for.
- wish on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
使打扰,使染上 cause sth bad or sb unwanted to trouble sb〔说明〕 wish on〔upon〕作此解时通常不用于进行体。
wish on〔upon〕 sb/sth
You can wish upon a star.
Mary wished on a star that she could pass the test.
玛丽求老天保佑她考试及格。wish sb/sth on〔upon〕 sb
I don't think we can wish the children on your parents while we're away.
She's a difficult person; I wouldn't wish her on my worst enemy.
They wished the hardest job on me.
I wouldn't wish such an illness upon my worst enemy.
- wish sb a Merry Christmas 祝某人圣诞快乐
- wish sb a safe journey 祝某人旅行平安
- wish sb every success 祝某人万事如意
- wish sb good luck 祝某人好运
- wish sb good night 向某人道晚安
- wish sb goodbye 向某人告别
- wish ardently 热切希望
- wish cordially 热诚祝愿
- wish deliberately 小心地祝愿
- wish earnestly 热切希望
- wish fondly 天真地希望
- wish foolishly 愚蠢地祝愿
- wish heartily 衷心祝愿
- wish irrationally 不合理地想要
- wish really 真心希望
- wish seriously 认真地祝愿
- wish sincerely 衷心祝愿
- wish viciously 诅咒
- wish away 继续表达个人的愿望,希望…离开〔消失〕
- wish for 想要,渴求
- wish for a room 想要一个房间
- wish for cool weather 希望天气转凉
- wish for peace 渴望和平
- wish on〔upon〕 向…祈求,使打扰
- wish a task on sb 强要某人接受一项工作
- accept wishes 接受祝福
- attain one's wish 实现自己的愿望
- carry one's wish into effect 实现自己的愿望
- convey the best wishes of 转达对…的祝愿
- deny wish 拒绝请求
- disregard sb's wish 无视某人的意愿
- exchange good wishes 互相祝愿
- express one's wish 表示自己的愿望
- extend wish 表示祝愿
- form a wish 形成一个愿望
- fulfil a wish 实现一个愿望
- get one's wish 如愿以偿
- give one's best wishes to sb 向某人致意
- give up a wish 放弃愿望
- go against sb's wish 违背某人的愿望
- grant sb's wish 满足某人的愿望
- have a wish 有一个愿望
- make wish 许愿
- meet sb's wishes 满足某人的愿望
- obtain one's wish 实现愿望
- offer one's wishes 表示祝愿
- realize a wish 实现愿望
- receive wishes 接受祝愿
- respect sb's wish 尊重某人的愿望
- satisfy a wish 满足愿望
- send one's best wishes to sb 向某人致意
- best wishes (最)美好的祝愿
- collective wish 共同的愿望
- constant wish 夙愿
- deep wish 深切的希望
- earnest wish 热切的希望
- fervent wish 强烈的愿望
- good wishes 良好的祝愿
- insane wish 荒唐的愿望
- last wish 最终的愿望
- strong wish 强烈的愿望
- sincere wishes 衷心祝愿
- strong wish 强烈的愿望
- the warmest wishes 最亲切的祝愿
- unfulfilled wish 未实现的愿望
- warm wishes 热情的祝愿
- death wish (有意识或无意识地希望自己或他人死亡的)死亡愿望
I would not wish Any companion in the world but you.出自：Tempest , Shakespeare
She hears that Miss Biggs is to be married...I wish it may be so.出自： J. Austen
I wished both magazine and review at the bottom of the sea.出自： C. Lamb
Let us remember James by name and wish him happy.出自： Dickens
You should do just what your grandfather wishes.出自： L. M. Alcott
'I wish we could marry now,' murmured Stephen, as an impossible fancy.出自： T. Hardy
If men really wish to be good, they will become good.出自： J. B. Mozley
These words were a barrier between us which she wished me..to remove.出自： I. Murdoch
- wish既可用作不及物动词,也可用作及物动词。用作及物动词时,后接名词、代词、动词不定式或that从句作宾语,从句中的谓语动词要用虚拟式。wish有时也可接双宾语,还可接以“(to be+) adj. ”、动词不定式或过去分词充当补足语的复合宾语。过去分词作宾语补足语时表示被动或完成意义。
- 当表示实现的可能性不大的主观设想时,从句中的谓语动词不用一般现在时,而须用一般过去时; 当表示与过去的事实相反时,从句中的谓语动词不用一般过去时,而须用过去完成时或“could〔would〕+have ～ed ”结构; 当表示对未来的设想时,从句中的谓语动词要用“would〔could,might〕+动词原形”结构。
- wish, desire, hope, want
- 1.desire和hope多指可以达到的事; wish通常用于难以实现或达到的事, wish也可表示祈愿。
- 2.desire, wish和hope后均可接从句或不定式作宾语; wish和desire后接that从句一般用虚拟语气; desire和wish后可接复合宾语; hope用作不及物动词时常接of, for引起的短语。
- I wish you had called on me yesterday.
- I wish you could have called on me yes- terday.
误 I wish that our teacher will come to our evening party.
正 I wish that our teacher would come to our evening party.
正 I hope that our teacher will come to our evening party.
误 “Would you like to go to the movies tonight?” “I wish I did, but I have to study for a test.”
正 “Would you like to go to the movies tonight?” “I wish I could, but I have to study for a test.”
析 wish后接的宾语从句常用虚拟语气。指将来的情况多用would, could或might加动词原形构成谓语。如果谓语动词用了过去式形式,则是对现在情况的假设。我现在就要见他。
误 I wish seeing him at once.
正 I wish to see him at once.
析 wish后接动词不定式表示“希望”,强调主语的主观愿望,该愿望大都可以实现。这时, wish后不能接动名词。祝你成功!
误 I hope you success.
正 I wish you success.
误 He does not wish any reward.
正 He does not wish for any reward.
析 表示“希望得到某物”时要用wish for。祝你生日快乐!
误 I hope you a happy birthday.
正 I wish you a happy birthday.
误 On Christmas Eve we visited our American teacher, congratulating him on a merry Christmas.
正 On Christmas Eve we visited our American teacher, wishing him a merry Christmas.
误 She married a young worker in her own wish ten years ago.
正 She married a young worker at her own wish ten years ago.
正 She married a young worker by her own wish ten years ago.
析 表示“自愿”, wish前面用at或by,而不可用in。他表达了对我们大家的美好祝愿。
误 He expressed his best wish to us all.
正 He expressed his best wishes to us all.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的wyscan；最初源自原始日耳曼语的wunskijanan，意为祈望。