- vt. & vi. 编,织; 织成 make (cloth, etc.) out of threads, etc; form (threads) into cloth, etc.
- vt. 编排,杜撰 put together, compose (a story, romance, etc.)
- vt. & vi. 迂回行进; 穿梭而行 move along by twisting and turning to avoid obstructions, etc.
pattern of weaving or structure of a fabric
interlace by or as if by weaving
create a piece of cloth by interlacing strands of fabric, such as wool or cotton;
sway to and fro
to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course;
"the river winds through the hills"
"the path meanders through the vineyards"
"sometimes, the gout wanders through the entire body"
- Spiders weave webs.
- She can tell you how to weave reeds into a beautiful basket.
- I try to weave all of the concepts together.
- I think you can weave a story around this incident.
- The driver was weaving his way through the traffic.
- A third form of weave is the satin weave.
- The jacket is of scarlet cloth of a very fine weave.
- The best clothing is loose fitting with a close weave.
- The old woman was weaving on her loom.
- The spider weaves a web.
- He wove some branches together to form a roof.
- He wove a fascinating tale of knights in shining armor.
- weave from( v.+prep. )
用…织make (cloth) from (threads)
weave sth from sth
His coat was woven from wool of many colors.
- weave into( v.+prep. )
把…编撰成…make (material) into (a story or other writing)The author wove three plots into one story.作者把三个情节编成一个故事。
- weave through( v.+prep. )
在…中穿行drive in and out of other vehicles to make one's way through (traffic)
weave through sth
The small car wove through the traffic.
小汽车在行人和车辆中迂回前进。weave one's way through sth
He wove his way through the crowd.
A Navajo woman knows how to weave a rug.出自：Yankee
A cyclist..weaves in and out of cars.出自： W. Perriam
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的wefan，意为纺织。
- lace 鞋带
- wind 风
- braid 辫子
- intertwine 纠缠
- interlace （使）交织
- invent 发明
- create 创造
- compose 作曲
- zigzag 曲折
- stagger 蹒跚
- pile 堆
- texture 质地
- nap 小睡
- interweave 使交织
- wander 漫步
- tissue 纸巾
- thread 线
- waver 动摇
- meander 缓慢而弯曲地流动...
- knit 编织
- unweave 拆