- 【海】在上风面的 ，上风的，迎风的，顶风的
- [U] 天气,气象 condition of the atmosphere at a certain place and time, with reference to temperature and the presence of rain, sunshine, wind, etc.
- vt. & vi. 风化 expose to the weather; become worn by the weather
- vt. 渡过; 挨过 come through successfully
- the atmospheric conditions that comprise the state of the atmosphere in terms of temperature and wind and clouds and precipitation;
"they were hoping for good weather"
"every day we have weather conditions and yesterday was no exception"
"the conditions were too rainy for playing in the snow"
- towards the side exposed to wind
- face and withstand with courage;
"She braved the elements"
- cause to slope
- sail to the windward of
- change under the action or influence of the weather;
"A weathered old hut"
- What is the weather like today?
- The meteorologist drew a picture of the weather.
- The past years had known him in many weathers.
- The rocks on the mountain have to be weathered by wind and water.
- Many small firms did not weather the storm of the recession.
- They are going to weather the corn in the thrashing field.
- The paint on the walls had weathered.
- The stone weathers to a beautiful pale gold.
- Fill in the form below about the weather report.
- It depends on how well the weather forecasts hold up.
The weather changed overnight.
What sort of weather is it?
What is the weather like in Beijing?
The weather was early summer.
We shall play the match tomorrow, weather permitting.
The weather was very wet and cold.
The weather is getting warm.
The weather was bad and the trains were crowded, altogether, it wasn't a very satisfactory excursion.
The weather was good except for an occasional shower.
The weather is perfect for a picnic.
If the weather permitting, the party will be held outdoors.
The success of the crop depends on the weather.
When he will be back depends much on the weather.
I don't like such weather.
He took a glance outside at the weather.
The farmers are complaining about the weather.
We are expecting some weather.
They won't come out (in) this weather.
This is the prosperous weather for growing cotton.
The farmers were hard hit by the bad weather.
Owing to the bad weather, we didn't go to the park.
The bad weather is responsible for the small attendance.
The most severe weather is yet to come.
We had almost tropical weather last summer.
We had good weather on our holiday.
We've had a lot of good weather.
It is fine weather today.
We have had some real weather this spring.
We're having terrible weather.
What wicked weather!
At first she was very nervous about making the crossing in such stormy weather.
A red sky in the morning is said to be a sign of bad weather.
This warm weather is exceptional for January here in Beijing.
You ought to know better than to go out in this cold weather in those thin summer shoes; no wonder your feet got cold!
The weather bureau makes daily reports on weather conditions.
Severe weather conditions hinders the rescue.
Copper turns green as it weathers.
Rocks weather until they are worn away.
Wood weathers better if it is treated with creosote.
The wind and the waves have weathered the rocks on the shore.
We have weathered another war.
The ship weathered the storm though she was badly damaged.
The ship weathered an island.
The ship weathered the cape.
The little tree has weathered many bitter winters.
The examination was difficult, but I weathered it quite well yet.
All these veteran cadres have been capable of weathering the storms.
The sun weathered the paint.
These rocks have been weathered by the wind and water.
Trees which have been cut down cannot be used until they have been weathered.
The paint has been weathered by the sun and rain.
Wood turns grey if it's weathered for a long time.
Once this crisis had been weathered, the government's fortunes improved.
The wind and sea have weathered the rocks quite smooth.
- in all weathers
不论在哪种天气里,无论天气好坏 in all kinds of weather, both good and bad
He was a van boy on a day working in all weathers for twelve hours a day. 他是赶大车打前站的人,不论什么样的天气,每天都干12个小时。
Her father was a powerful fifty-year-old, with the red brown complexion of a man accustomed to being out in all weathers. 她父亲50岁,身子结实,褐红色皮肤,是一个不管刮风下雨总在外面奔波惯了的人。
She goes out in all weathers. 她无论什么天气都出去。
The plane can fly in all weathers. 这种飞机是全天候飞机。
In all weathers,I will go with you. 我要同你一起去,风雨无阻。
He remained a good friend in all weathers. 不管是什么情况,他始终是位患难与共的好朋友。
- 不论在哪种天气里,无论天气好坏 in all kinds of weather, both good and bad
- keep a weather eye open
留意并警惕 be watchful and alert
The public were asked to keep a weather eye open for the little girl who had got lost in the market square. 请公众留心在集市广场走失的小女孩。
The agent said that he would keep a weather eye open and notify me as soon as he found the right piece of property. 经纪人说他会留心,只要一找到一块合适的地产他就通知我。
- 留意并警惕 be watchful and alert
- under the weather
身体不舒服或精神不愉快 feeling unwell or depressed
Just a bit under the weather, nothing to feel about. 只是有点不舒服,不必担心。
She's been a bit under the weather recently. 她近来身体不太好。
You've been under the weather for some days now, why don't you see a doctor? 你身体不适已有几天,何不去看医生?
I'm feeling a little under the weather tonight, so I think I'll go to bed early. 我今晚觉得精神有点不好,我要早点去睡。
- 身体不舒服或精神不愉快 feeling unwell or depressed
- weather along( v.+adv. )
在恶劣的天气条件下前进 make headway in adverse weather weather along
We weather along in spite of the storm.我们冒着暴风雨前进。
- 在恶劣的天气条件下前进 make headway in adverse weather weather along
- weather away( v.+adv. )
风化,因风吹雨打而褪色 disintegrate or discolour by atmospheric action weather away
The rock has weathered away into soil.那岩石已风化成沙土。weather sth ⇔ away 常用于 be ～ed 结构
The softer rock has been weathered away into soil.较软的岩石风化成了泥土。
- 风化,因风吹雨打而褪色 disintegrate or discolour by atmospheric action weather away
- weather in( v.+adv. )
因气候恶劣而困住 make unable to move because of bad weather weather sb ⇔ in 常用于 be ～ed 结构
We wouldn't want to get weathered in among those high passes.我们不愿被恶劣的气候困在那些高山的关口。
Most of the planes were weathered in during the storm.暴风雨期间大多数飞机停飞。
- 因气候恶劣而困住 make unable to move because of bad weather weather sb ⇔ in 常用于 be ～ed 结构
- weather out( v.+adv. )
坚持到底 hold out against to the end weather sth ⇔ out
We weathered out the storm that beat upon us.我们顶住了袭击我们的风暴。
因周围岩石风化而突出 become prominent by the decay of the surrounding rocks weather out
The strata have now weathered out into long east-west ridges.地层现在因周围岩石风化而突出,变成了东西向延伸的长长的山脊。
- 坚持到底 hold out against to the end weather sth ⇔ out
- weather through( v.+adv. )
成功地对付 pass through (troubles) successfully weather through
It was a difficult time for her, but she weathered through beautifully.对她来说那是个困难的时候,她却安然渡过了。
You're strong enough; whatever happens, you'll weather through somehow.你是够坚强的了,无论发生什么事情,你总有办法安然渡过。weather sth ⇔ through
After weathering through troubles like that, you're strong enough for anything.你熬过了那样的困境之后,坚强得足以对付一切了。
- 成功地对付 pass through (troubles) successfully weather through
- complain about weather 抱怨天气
- depend on the weather 看天气行事
- dislike cold weather 不喜欢冷天气
- escape the cold weather 躲避寒冷的天气
- expect some weather 预计天气要变坏
- forecast the weather 预报天气
- like cold weather 喜欢冷天气
- like hot weather 喜欢热天气
- make bad weather 遇到坏天气
- make good weather 遇到好天气
- meet with bad weather 遇到坏天气
- meet with good weather 遇到好天气
- report weather 报告天气
- keep the weather 占上风,操大权
- make heavy weather of sth 对某事考虑过多,对某事小题大做,发现某事棘手
- run into rough weather 陷入困境
- agreeable weather 宜人的天气
- all weathers 各种天气
- bad weather 坏天气
- beautiful weather 风和日丽的天气
- broken weather 阴晴不定的天气
- calm weather 无风的天气
- charming weather 迷人的天气,极好的天气
- clear weather 天气晴朗,晴天
- cloudy weather 阴天
- cold weather 寒冷的天气
- comfortable weather 宜人的天气
- cool weather 凉爽的天气
- damp weather 潮湿的天气
- depressing weather 沉闷的天气
- dirty weather 恶劣的天气
- dry weather 干燥的天气,晴天
- fair weather 好天气,晴朗的天气
- favourable weather 有利的天气
- fine weather 好天气,晴天
- foggy weather 多雾的天气
- freezing weather 极冷的天气
- fresh weather 凉爽的天气
- gloomy weather 阴沉的天气
- glorious weather 阳光明媚的天气
- good weather 好天气,晴天
- hazy weather 雾蒙蒙的天气
- heavy weather 阴沉的坏天气
- hot weather 炎热的天气
- humid weather 湿热的天气
- mild weather 温暖的天气
- nice weather 好天气,晴天
- overcast weather 阴天
- pleasant weather 好天气,晴天
- rainy weather 下雨的天气
- rotten weather 恶劣的天气
- rough weather 狂风暴雨的天气
- sunny weather 晴朗的天气
- terrible weather 糟糕的天气,恶劣的天气
- ugly weather 险恶的天气
- unfavourable weather 不利的天气
- unpleasant weather 令人不愉快的天气
- unusual weather 不寻常的天气
- variable weather 变化无常的天气
- warm weather 温暖的天气
- wet weather 多雨的天气
- windy weather 刮风的天气
- wonderful weather 极好的天气
- weather an economic depression 渡过经济萧条
- weather crisis 经受住危机
- weather paint 使油漆褪色
- weather rock 使岩石风化
- weather storm 经受住暴风雨
- weather winter 经受住严冬
- weather badly 严重腐蚀
- weather along 在恶劣的气候下前进
- weather away 风化
- weather in 因恶劣的天气而困住
- weather out 克服困难
- weather through 安全渡过
The weather..is..awfulsreal snow and other horrors.出自：O. Wilde
They talked about the weather in an English way.出自：A. S. Byatt
Perfect weather for Mr Bush's garden party.出自：Guardian
We had weathered these storms successfully and the end of the war was in sight.出自：B. Montgomery
- weather可以以复数形式weathers出现，如in all weathers，表示“不论在那种天气”；
this weather有时可等同于in this weather。
Why are all the windows open this weather?
- weather是不可数名词,其前不可加不定冠词a,即使前面有bad, good等形容词修饰时也不可以,但其复数形式可表示“各种天气”。
- weather用作名词时意思是“天气”,转化成动词指经过年复一年的风吹日晒使一些东西变质,即“风化”; 也可指经受住严峻的考验而最终“渡过”。
- weather, climate
这两个词的区别在于:1.weather指某地某天的具体天气情况,如阴晴、降水、气温、风力、风向等; climate指某一地区总的气候情况,如干旱、湿润、温度、凉爽等。例如:The weather looks promising.天气看起来有晴朗的希望。The climate of China is mild.中国的气候温和。2.climate(气候)变化不大; 而weather(天气)变化较大。
误 It was quite warm when I got here, but the climate suddenly turned cold overnight.
正 It was quite warm when I got here, but the weather suddenly turned cold overnight.
误 We seldom go out in a cold weather.
正 We seldom go out in cold weather.
析 weather前尽管有修饰语,如hot, cold, fine, rainy等,但习惯上其前也不加不定冠词。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语w的eder；最初源自原始日耳曼语w的edran，意为空气，天空。
- n.(名词) climate
- weather:文字 名称：英文名：拉丁名： 概述 在此处添加文本内容 种类 在此处添加文本内容 形成 在此处添加文本内容 特点 在此处添加文本内容 危害 在此处添加文本内容 事件 在此处添加文本内容…