exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress;
"We wore ourselves out on this hike"
go to pieces;
"The lawn mower finally broke"
"The gears wore out"
"The old chair finally fell apart completely"
deteriorate through use or stress;
"The constant friction wore out the cloth"
- My clothes are worn out and I have to mend them.
- The constant friction wore out the cloth.
- Constant friction wore out the heels of my shoes.
- You wear out your horn before your brakes.
- She dropped into a chair, utterly worn out.
- I could tell that the long walk tired him out.
- The area was fanned out long ago.
- It looks as if oil will run out faster than coal.