deteriorate through use or stress;
"The constant friction wore out the cloth"
- Some researchers say they believe the earth's internal heating may be causing the ice sheet to thin or thicken over time.
- The brittle nature of graphite also precludes the use of thin components for reducing stack size and weight, which is particularly important for transportation applications.
- The knees of this trousers have worn thin.
- As a result, nacre thickness is sometimes just a cosmetic layer that can wear thin over time.
- North Korea's communist government is urging women in the country to wear traditional Korean clothes instead of pants, according to a North Korean monthly magazine.
- For its part, Goldman would have been on thin ice with its own shareholders if it had voluntarily relinquished valuable contract rights to make nice with Washington.