- [C] 波; 波浪,波涛 rough top of the water when the sea is not calm; rolling movement of the sea when it crashes on the beach
- [C] (手等的)挥动 a movement of the hand in waving
- vt. & vi. (使)波动,(使)起伏,(使)飘扬 of a fixed object, e.g. a hand, flag, branch move regularly to and fro, up and down
- vt. & vi. 挥舞,挥动 move, wield; brandish
- vt. & vi. 挥手等示意 express by waving the hand
- one of a series of ridges that moves across the surface of a liquid (especially across a large body of water)
- a movement like that of a sudden occurrence or increase in a specified phenomenon;
"a wave of settlers"
"troops advancing in waves"
- (physics) a movement up and down or back and forth
- something that rises rapidly;
"a wave of emotion swept over him"
"there was a sudden wave of buying before the market closed"
"a wave of conservatism in the country led by the hard right"
- the act of signaling by a movement of the hand
- a hairdo that creates undulations in the hair
- an undulating curve
- a persistent and widespread unusual weather condition (especially of unusual temperatures);
"a heat wave"
- a member of the women's reserve of the United States Navy; originally organized during World War II but now no longer a separate branch
- signal with the hands or nod;
"She waved to her friends"
"He waved his hand hospitably"
- move or swing back and forth;
"She waved her gun"
- move in a wavy pattern or with a rising and falling motion;
"The curtains undulated"
"the waves rolled towards the beach"
- twist or roll into coils or ringlets;
"curl my hair, please"
- set waves in;
"she asked the hairdresser to wave her hair"
- The boat was smashed by a huge wave.
- She has a natural wave in her hair.
- A compression wave in decelerating flow steepens.
- This wave of excess density is sound.
- The flag waved in the wind.
- All around me I saw tall trees waving in the wind.
The waves ran high.
The waves crashed against the rocks.
The storm whipped up huge waves.
The waves washed into the upper floor.
The waves calmed down.
Waves howled in the distance.
The waves rose and fell on the shore.
The waves dashed the shore of the lake.
The waves beat upon the seashores.
It was not long before their peace was disturbed by the next wave of visitors.
The child's hair grew in pretty waves.
Her hair has a natural wave.
I felt a wave of nausea.
A wave of distrust swept over him.
A wave of colour swept the girl's face.
She left the office on a high wave of elation.
A cold wave of panic swept through the crowd.
A wave of indignation swept through the crowd.
A wave of anger swept over her.
The crime has aroused a wave of popular indignation.
He was a writer who sent shock waves through western literature.
He devised an instrument to measure light waves.
With a wave of the hand he has gone.
A wave of the teacher's hand silenced the class.
He greeted me in the street with a friendly wave of the hand.
“Get out of here!”She gave a wave of her hand at the maid.
The magician made the rabbit disappear with a wave of his wand.
Give your mother a wave.
He greeted them with a wave.
The grass waved in the wind.
The trees waved in the storm.
Seen from an airplane, the terrain curves and waves.
Her hair waves naturally.
Brooks waved again for silence.
She has waved her hair beautifully.
The conjurer waved his magic wand.
The fellow waved his fist in my face.
A night wind waved the banners.
She waved a farewell.
He waved a greeting.
They waved us a farewell.
He waved his hand to them.
She waved her handkerchief to us.
You can wave good-bye to your chances of getting that job.
She waved me quiet.
Wave him nearer, he can't hear you.
He lit a cigarette and waved the match dead.
He waved her to come.
The officer waved his men to advance.
The highway patrolman waved us to stop.
They waved the taxi to stop.
- in waves
呈波(浪)状 be like wavesWomen sometimes have their hair arranged in waves.妇女有时把头发做成波浪状。
Light, heat, and sound travel in waves. 光、热和声以波的形式传播。
一批又一批,一阵又一阵 in groups or at regular intervalsInvaders entered the country in waves.入侵者一批又一批地侵入这国家。
The disturbances seem to occur in waves. 这种骚扰似乎是一阵一阵的。
The beating came and went in waves. 毒打一阵一阵地时作时辍。
- 呈波(浪)状 be like wavesWomen sometimes have their hair arranged in waves.妇女有时把头发做成波浪状。
- make waves
〈美·非正〉兴风作浪; 制造纠纷 cause difficulties or troubles
She is the wrong man for the job; she is always trying to make waves. 她不适合做这工作,她老是想兴风作浪。
I would like to change several things about my new job, but it's too early yet to make waves. 我想就我的新工作做些改动,不过时机还太早,掀不起波浪。
- 〈美·非正〉兴风作浪; 制造纠纷 cause difficulties or troubles
- on the waves
- 在波浪上 on the rollersLook at that boat dancing on the waves.看那条随波漂荡的船。
- 出海 launching outThe boatmen want to hear everything on the air while on the waves.船工们出海时希望通过广播听到各种各样的消息。
在…波 on a certain band
This radio set can receive on short, medium and long waves. 这台收音机可以接收短波、中波和长波。
Is radio four on medium wave or long?4 号收音机是调在中波还是长波?
- 在…波 on a certain band
- wave about〔around,round〕 (v.+adv.)
(使…)摆来摆去 move sth from side to side, without direction wave about〔around,round〕
The red flags waved about in the winds.红旗迎风飘扬。wave sth ⇔ about〔round,around〕
Cage stood in front of the door waving her arms around,I couldn't imagine why!凯奇站在门前摆动着手臂,我想象不出这是为什么!
Ade's been waving a notice round—something to do with an increase in pay.艾德不断地摇晃着一张告示——跟增加工资有关。
- (使…)摆来摆去 move sth from side to side, without direction wave about〔around,round〕
- wave aside (v.+adv.)
对…不屑一顾〔置之不理〕 dismiss or refuse to consider a comment, remark, suggestion, etc. wave sth ⇔ aside
You'd better buy her a scarf, she would wave a pair of gloves aside.你最好给她买一条围巾,她对一副手套会不屑一顾的。
She waved his worries aside.她对他的烦恼事置之不理。
She waved my protests aside.她不理睬我的抗议。
You can't just wave aside his suggestion, he has made a good point.你不能对他的建议置之不理,他的建议是很有道理的。用于 be ～ed 结构
Their criticisms were waved aside.他们提出的批评意见没人理会。
- 对…不屑一顾〔置之不理〕 dismiss or refuse to consider a comment, remark, suggestion, etc. wave sth ⇔ aside
- wave at (v.+prep.)
朝…挥手(致意) move the hand and arms as a greeting to sb wave at sb
The president waved at the crowd from the steps of the plane.总统在飞机的舷梯上向人群挥手。wave sth at sb
She waved her arm at me.她向我挥动手臂。
He waved the stick at them.他向他们挥动手杖。
He came out waving the document at the crowd.他出来时向人群挥舞着文件。
He waved his annoyance at me.他向我挥手表示恼怒。
- 朝…挥手(致意) move the hand and arms as a greeting to sb wave at sb
- wave away (v.+adv.)
挥手示意…离开 signal to sb/sth to leave by waving wave sb/sth ⇔ away
She waved that child away.她挥手叫那小孩走开。
She waved him away impatiently and went on with her work.她不耐烦地挥手让他走开,然后继续工作。
He waved away my offer of a cigarette.他一挥手,拒绝了我敬他的烟。
- 挥手示意…离开 signal to sb/sth to leave by waving wave sb/sth ⇔ away
- wave back (v.+adv.)
挥手示意…回去〔到〕 signal to sb/sth to go back to some place by waving wave sb/sth ⇔ back
He waved me back to my chair.他挥手叫我回到座位上去。
- 挥手示意…回去〔到〕 signal to sb/sth to go back to some place by waving wave sb/sth ⇔ back
- wave down (v.+adv.)
挥手示意…停下 signal to sb/sth to stop by waving wave sb/sth ⇔ down
I was driving along quite happily when a policeman waved me down.我正在愉快地驱车前行,这时一名警察挥手示意我停下来。
- 挥手示意…停下 signal to sb/sth to stop by waving wave sb/sth ⇔ down
- wave off (v.+adv.)
- 挥手为(某人)送行 see sb off by wavingThey go to wave their boys off on the troop trains.他们去向部队军列上的孩子们挥手送行。
- 挥手驱去 drive sb/sth away by wavingThe officials there closed the airport and waved off all incoming flights to the nearby island.那里的官员们关闭了机场,把所有进场的班机都打发到附近的岛上去。
- wave on (v.+adv.)
挥手示意…前进 signal to sb/sth to go on by waving wave sb/sth ⇔ on
The officer waved his men on.军官指挥士兵前进。
The policeman waved the vehicle on.警察挥手示意那辆车继续前进。
- 挥手示意…前进 signal to sb/sth to go on by waving wave sb/sth ⇔ on
- wave through (v.+prep.)
挥手示意…通过 signal to sb/sth to pass by waving wave sb/sth ⇔ through
At the border the guard waved me through.在边境处,卫兵挥手让我通过。
- 挥手示意…通过 signal to sb/sth to pass by waving wave sb/sth ⇔ through
- wave to (v.+prep.)
朝…挥手 make a wave toward sb/sth wave to sb/sth to-v
I waved to him to do it.我挥手示意他做这件事。
They wave to us to stay where we were.他们向我们挥手,要我们留在原地。
- 朝…挥手 make a wave toward sb/sth wave to sb/sth to-v
- wave toward (v.+prep.)
朝…挥手 make a wave toward sb/sth wave sth toward sb/sth
Haas waved his hand toward the house.哈斯朝那座房子挥手。
- 朝…挥手 make a wave toward sb/sth wave sth toward sb/sth
- big wave 大浪
- high waves 大浪
- huge waves 巨浪
- mountainous waves 山一样高的浪
- tall waves 大浪
- tidal waves 海啸
- wild waves 狂浪
- long waves 长波
- medium waves 中波
- short waves 短波
- brain waves 脑电波
- cold wave 寒潮
- heat wave 热浪
- light waves 光波
- radio waves 无线电波
- shock waves (爆炸的)冲击波
- sound waves 声波
- natural wave 头发的天然卷曲
- permanent wave 电烫卷曲
- waves of people 人潮汹涌
- waves of wheat 麦浪
- a wave of embarrassment 一阵窘迫
- a wave of pleasure 一阵快感
- a tidal wave of selling 大批抛售
- a wave of student protest 学潮
- a wave of vertigo 一阵眩晕
- a wave of violence 暴力风潮
- a wave of weakness 一阵虚弱
- wave a farewell 挥手告别
- wave a greeting 挥手招呼
- wave a sword 挥剑
- wave an umbrella 挥伞
- wave goodbye 挥手告别
- wave sb's arm 挥动手臂
- wave sb's fist 挥动拳头
- wave sb's hair 使头发成波浪状
- wave sb's hand 挥手
- wave the flag 挥动旗帜
- wave the handkerchief 挥动手绢
- wave the stick 挥动手杖
- wave cheerfully 快乐地挥舞
- wave constantly 不停地挥舞
- wave desolately 凄凉地飘扬着
- wave energetically 精力充沛地挥舞
- wave frantically 疯狂地挥舞
- wave gently 温柔地挥动
- wave gracefully 优美地挥舞着
- wave helplessly 无助地挥动着
- wave languidly 疲倦地挥舞着
- wave magically 魔术般地挥舞着
- wave mournfully 悲痛地挥舞着
- wave threateningly 威胁地挥舞着
- wave warmly 热烈地挥舞着
- wave about〔around〕 使…摆来摆去
- wave aside 对…不屑一顾
- wave away 挥手叫(某人)离开
- wave back 挥手示意让某人后退
- wave down 挥手示意…停下
- wave down a taxi 挥手示意一辆出租车停下
- wave off 挥手为(某人)送行
- wave on 挥手示意…前进
White crests of..waves which swung rather than broke against the shore.出自：V. Brittain
Great waves that raced in from the Atlantic.出自：N. Calder
She waved her hands in the air to dry the lacquer.出自：G. Vidal
She waved her stick in greeting.出自：R. Fuller
Where the corn waves its yellow ears.出自：fig.
- wave的基本意思是“波”,常用于表示“波浪”“波涛”,可指海面涌起拍岸大波或者波浪(尤指海浪)的浪头; 也可指形状上或运动上像波浪的事物,用于比喻则可指头发的波纹或烫发。在科技术语中, wave还可表示波状运动的波和热、光、声、磁、电等的波状运动。在物理学中则特指电磁波。
- wave是可数名词,可用不定冠词修饰。the waves的意思是“大海”,是正式用法。
- “在波浪上”应说on the waves,其中介词不可误用作in。
- wave用作名词时意思是“波浪”,转化为动词意为“波动”“起伏”“飘扬”。指无节奏、无规则地波动或上下颠动; 也可指“挥舞”“挥动”手臂、旗帜等; 还可根据挥动的事物或方式来表达某种意图(如信号、命令、招呼等)。
- wave既可用作不及物动词,也可用作及物动词。用作及物动词时,接名词或代词作宾语,也可接双宾语,其间接宾语可以转化为介词to的宾语。wave还可接以动词不定式、 形容词或副词(小品词)充当补足语的复合宾语。
- wave接副词about, around, round可表示“挥动”的方式——无固定方向地摆来摆去:接about多指上下或左右地“挥动”; 接round〔around〕多指圆弧状“挥动”。
- wave接介词at, to〔toward〕可表示“挥动”的对象:接to〔toward〕仅表示“朝…挥手”; 接at则含有目的性,表示“朝…挥手(致意〔威胁〕等)”。
- wave接副词小品词away, back, down, off, on可表示“挥动”的目的:接away表示“挥手示意…离开”; 接back表示“挥手示意…后退”; 接down表示“挥手示意…停下”; 接off表示“挥手为…送行”; 接on表示“挥手示意…前进”。
- wave, breaker, ripple, roller
这四个词都有“波浪”的意思,其区别是：wave指任何波浪,尤指海浪; ripple指细流、涟漪; roller指大浪或起伏的巨浪; breaker指大浪冲岸后的浪花。试比较下面的句子：
- The little boat vanished beneath the waves.
- There is scarcely a ripple on the lake.
- Huge rollers broke on the beach.
- His favorite sport is riding the breakers in.
- wave, surge
这两个词的共同意思是“波浪”。其区别是：surge指一个大波浪的汹涌奔流; wave则指波浪、海浪或数排波浪、海浪。例如:The sea was rolling in immense surges.海上波浪汹涌澎湃。Waves surge waves.后浪推前浪。
- wave, brandish, flourish, swing, thrash
这组词都可表示“挥动”。其区别是：swing指有规律地前后、上下摆动,也指不停地转动; brandish强调挥舞某物以示威胁、恐吓; flourish指为了表示炫耀、喜悦或虚张声势而挥动手中的武器、棍棒等物; thrash指猛烈摆动,有时带有响声; wave指没有规律、节奏地波动或拍动。
- She waved good-bye to them.
- She waved them to good-bye.
- Bill waved at me.
- Bill waved to me.
- I waved him to do it.
析 句中的动词不定式to do it的动作执行者是“him”,而不是“I”。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的waaifn，意为挥手。
- waved adj. 波浪形的‖waveless adj. 无波浪的; 平静的‖wavelike adj.& adv. 波浪般的〔地〕
- WAVE:Women Accepted for Voluntary Emergency Service (US Navy; properly written as WAVES)妇女自愿接受紧急服务(美国海军;正确写成波)
- WAVE:Wide Area Voice Exchange广域语音交换
- WAVE:Wide Area Virtual-Prototyping Environment大面积Virtual-Prototyping环境
- wave:WAVE是录音时用的标准的windows文件格式，文件的扩展名为“wav”，数据本身的格式为pcm或压缩型。WAVE文件格 wave式是一种由微软和IBM联合开发的用于音频数字存储的标准，它采用RIF…