- n. (小)河；水流；(人；车；气)流；组
- v. 流动；流出；飘动；将(学生)按能力分组
- [C] 小河,溪流 a small river
- [C] 流,一股,一串 flow (of liquid, people, things, etc.)
- [S] 水流方向,潮流 current or direction of sth flowing or moving
- [C] (按能力分的)班级 class or division of a class into which children of the same age and level of ability are placed
- [C] 川流不息 a continuous series of people, things, or events, usually moving in a line or in a certain direction
- vt. & vi. 流; 移动 flow freely; move continuously and smoothly in one direction
- vi. 飘扬; 招展 float or wave (in the wind)
a natural body of running water flowing on or under the earth
dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas;
"two streams of development run through American history"
"stream of consciousness"
"the flow of thought"
"the current of history"
the act of flowing or streaming; continuous progression
something that resembles a flowing stream in moving continuously;
"a stream of people emptied from the terminal"
"the museum had planned carefully for the flow of visitors"
a steady flow of a fluid (usually from natural causes);
"the raft floated downstream on the current"
"he felt a stream of air"
"the hose ejected a stream of water"
to extend, wave or float outward, as if in the wind;
"their manes streamed like stiff black pennants in the wind"
"She was streaming with sweat"
"His nose streamed blood"
move in large numbers;
"people were pouring out of the theater"
"beggars pullulated in the plaza"
"Put on your rain coat-- it's pouring outside!"
flow freely and abundantly;
"Tears streamed down her face"
- On either bank of the stream stand rows of willow trees.
- Sand and leaves trapped the water in the stream.
- Visitors to the exhibition came in an endless stream.
- Cars stream along the highway.
- They streamed out of the cinema.
- Her hair streamed(out) in the wind.
- Can you jump across the stream?
- The stream ran into Shadow Lake.
- A stream of people was going into the cinema.
- He is swimming against the stream.
- He hasn't the courage to go against the stream of public opinion.
- She is in the A stream.
- Tears streamed from her eyes when she saw the sad movie.
- Blood streamed from the wound.
- People streamed into the building.
- Crowds were streaming out of the station.
- The flag was streaming in the wind.
- Her eyes were streaming tears.
- His face was streaming sweat.
- on stream
进行生产,投入生产 in production
- stream with (v.+prep.)
被…覆盖 be covered with a flow of sth
stream with sth
All the streets in the village were streaming with flood water.
Their faces were streaming with sweat.
- clear〔dancing, quiet, running〕 stream 清澈〔奔腾欢跳,平静,流动〕的溪流
- rapid〔strong〕 stream 湍急〔强劲〕的水流
- rushing stream 激流
True highland with..peaty streams and swift rivers.出自： J. Hawkes
The river is a wide dark featureless stream.出自： J. C. Oates
The torrents streamed into the plain.出自： S. Johnson
They had laughed..till tears streamed down their cheeks.出自： M. Sarton
Small blossoms from the trees streamed through the air.出自： D. Plante
Moonlight streamed in from an uncurtained window.出自： Joan Smith
- stream, branch, brook, canal, creek, river, torrent
- stream, flow, pour, run
- 1.flow, run, stream和pour都可指液体流动; flow还可指气体流动; pour还可指光线、微粒等倾泻。
- 2.时间上:flow一般指源源不断地、长时间地流动; run既可以是源源不断地、长时间地流动,也可以是流动一段时间; stream和pour多指短时间地流动。
- 3.方向上:指液体流动时, flow是水平流动; run和stream既可水平流动,也可垂直流动; pour是垂直流动。
- 4.流速上:从快到慢依次为pour, stream, run, flow。具体说就是flow是平平稳稳地流动; run比较湍急; stream比run更有力; pour则是“倾泻”。
- 5.flow, stream和pour常用于比喻, run很少用于比喻。例如:
- The river was flowing quietly.河水静静流着。
- She let her hair down so that it flew darkly over her shoulders.她让乌黑的头发披散下来,飘垂到肩上。
- The river runs through hills and fields.河水流经山冈和田野。
- The water runs out of the pipe into the bucket.水自管内注入水桶中。
- Tears were streaming down her face.她脸上热泪滚滚而下。
- The students streamed into the auditorium.学生们络绎不绝地进入礼堂。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的stream，意为水流。