- [C] 摇动,震动,颠簸 act of shaking or being shaken
- [P] 哆嗦,发颤 fit of trembling or shivering
- vt. & vi. (使)急速摇动或颠簸 cause sb/sth to move quickly and often jerkily from side to side or up and down
- vi. 发抖,打战,发颤 (of a person) tremble; quiver; (of sb's voice) become weak or faltering
- vt. 使心绪不宁,烦恼或惊吓 disturb the calmness of sb; trouble or shock sb
- building material used as siding or roofing
- frothy drink of milk and flavoring and sometimes fruit or ice cream
- a note that alternates rapidly with another note a semitone above it
- grasping and shaking a person's hand (as to acknowledge an introduction or to agree on a contract)
- a reflex motion caused by cold or fear or excitement
- causing to move repeatedly from side to side
- move or cause to move back and forth;
"The chemist shook the flask vigorously"
"My hands were shaking"
- move with or as if with a tremor;
"his hands shook"
- shake or vibrate rapidly and intensively;
"The old engine was juddering"
- move back and forth or sideways;
"the ship was rocking"
"the tall building swayed"
"She rocked back and forth on her feet"
- undermine or cause to waver;
"my faith has been shaken"
"The bad news shook her hopes"
- stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of;
"These stories shook the community"
"the civil war shook the country"
- get rid of;
"I couldn't shake the car that was following me"
- bring to a specified condition by or as if by shaking;
"He was shaken from his dreams"
"shake the salt out of the salt shaker"
- shake (a body part) to communicate a greeting, feeling, or cognitive state;
"shake one's head"
"She shook her finger at the naughty students"
"The old enemies shook hands"
"Don't shake your fist at me!"
- Give the bottle a couple of shakes before pouring the juice.
- He shook his head in disapproval.
- His voice shook with fear.
- It's time to shake out the red flag.
- She reached out her hand and offered to shake his.
- He finished the bottle of wine in a shake.
- The old man was all of a shake at the news.
- You should give him a fair shake.
I gave my purse a shake, and a coin fell out.
She gave the rug a good shake.
One shake of the stick scared the dog away .
He gave the child a shake.
Papa dismissed the idea with a shake of his head.
He refused my request with a shake of his head.
The shake of the speaker's hands betrayed his nervousness.
I began to get the shakes just thinking about the test.
He has strong shake.
The president welcomed the visitors with a hearty shake.
The earth was shaking.
Why are all the windows shaking?
We felt the house shaking.
The house shakes when a train goes by.
I felt the ship shake and toss.
The rough road made the cart shake.
In his anger he grasped the child and shook him violently.
Don't shake your fist at me.
He shook salt onto his food.
The doctor shook her head.
He refused to shake hands with me, just to spite me in public.
The two men shook each other by the hand.
The thief managed to shake the police.
The experience shook him badly.
The mining disaster shook the town.
His mother's death had shaken him dreadfully.
As magnificent as high mountains and surging rivers, the song shakes the earth.
The explosion shook the house to its foundations.
It shook his religious faith seriously.
A sheet of metal was shaken to simulate the noise of thunder.
Nuts showered down when the tree was shaken.
Her head was shaken by the doctor.
She was too shaken after being assaulted to report the incident to the police.
This medicine must be shaken before taking.
My belief, my confidence is shaken.
They were much shaken at the news.
The little boy shook himself free of his mother's grasp.
The dog shook himself dry.
Vibrations shook the panel loose.
- a fair shake
公正、合理的安排,均等的机会 just or reasonable arrangement; fair chance
She got a fair shake. 她得到了公正的待遇。
He's a dealer who'll give you a fair shake. 他是个买卖公平的商人。
- 公正、合理的安排,均等的机会 just or reasonable arrangement; fair chance
- in a couple of shakes〔in two shakes (of a lamb's tail)〕
马上,立刻 in a moment; very soon
Hang on!I'll be back in two shakes! 电话先不要挂!我马上就回来。
I'll be ready in two shakes. 我马上就准备好。
- 马上,立刻 in a moment; very soon
- no great shakes
并非很好,不太有效,不怎么适合,没什么了不起 not be very good, efficient, suitable, etc.
She's no great shakes as an actress. 她不是什么名角儿。
I'm no great shakes as a piano player, but I can sing well. 我钢琴弹得不好,但我唱歌唱得好。
He called a special meeting telling us about his new idea, but it's really not great shakes. 他专门召集了一次会议,告诉我们他的新主意,但它实际上并没有什么价值。
She's certainly not great shakes as a mother. 她当然只是一个普普通通的母亲。
- 并非很好,不太有效,不怎么适合,没什么了不起 not be very good, efficient, suitable, etc.
- shake down (v.+adv.)
使因摇晃而下落,下沉 fall, as to the ground or the bottom of a container, by shaking〔说明〕 shake down作此解时通常不用于被动结构。 shake down
The contents of the packet may shake down in travelling.袋子里的东西经摇晃会沉到底部。shake sth ⇔ down
You don't have to climb the tree, it may be possible to shake the apples down.你不一定要上树,或许可以把苹果摇落下来。
〈英·非正〉 适应新的生活环境或新的工作 become accustomed to new condition of life or work shake down
You'll soon shake down in your new job.你很快就会适应新的工作。
勒索,敲诈 obtain money from sb by force shake sb ⇔ down
This looks like a good neighbourhood, we can shake down every small shopkeeper in the street for at least 100 dollars.这一街区看上去挺不错,从这条街的每一个小店主的身上我们至少可以敲诈100美元。
〈主美·口〉彻底搜查 search sth thoroughly shake sth ⇔ down
The police had to shake down every building in the street before they found the gunman.警察在找到持枪歹徒之前,不得不搜查那条街的每一栋建筑物。
- 使因摇晃而下落,下沉 fall, as to the ground or the bottom of a container, by shaking〔说明〕 shake down作此解时通常不用于被动结构。 shake down
- shake off1 (v.+adv.)
抖掉,甩掉或摇晃掉 remove sth by shaking shake sth ⇔ off
The horse moved its tail to shake off the flies.那匹马摆动着尾巴撵走苍蝇。
Angrily, she shook off his hand.她生气地甩开他的手。
逃脱,摆脱 escape from sb who is chasing one shake sb/sth ⇔ off
After a three-mile chase through the woods, he was able to shake off the police.他在林子里被追捕了三英里,终于摆脱了警察。
By running very hard he managed to shake off his pursuers.他使劲跑以摆脱追他的人。
The dog flew at me, but I shook it off.这狗向我扑来,我躲开它。
摆脱(麻烦,烦恼等),医治好 get rid of, free oneself from trouble, illness, etc. shake sth ⇔ off
I can't seem to shake off this fever,I've had it all winter.我整个冬天感冒发烧,似乎好不起来。
How am I to shake off a way of thinking that I have had for thirty years?我怎能摆脱三十年来形成的思想方法呢?
- 抖掉,甩掉或摇晃掉 remove sth by shaking shake sth ⇔ off
- shake off2 (v.+prep.)
从…抖掉,甩掉 remove sth from sth by shaking shake sb/sth off sth
With a violent movement, he shook his attacker off his back.他猛一使劲,甩掉了背上的攻击者。
He stamped his feet to shake the snow off his boots.他跺着脚摇落靴子上的雪。
The earthquake shook the picture off the wall.那次地震把画像从墙上震落了。
- 从…抖掉,甩掉 remove sth from sth by shaking shake sb/sth off sth
- shake out (v.+adv.)
晃出,抖出,弄掉 remove sth by shaking shake sth ⇔ out
Turning his trousers upside down, she shook out a lot of coins.她倒提着他的裤子,抖出了许多硬币。
I'm trying to shake the dust out.我正尽力把尘土抖掉。
抖空,甩空 empty sth by shaking shake sth ⇔ out
Don't forget to shake the pockets out before you take your coat to the cleaner's.你把上衣送到洗衣店之前,别忘记抖空衣兜。
抖开或迎风展开 spread sth by shaking or holding it to the wind shake sth ⇔ out
It's time to shake out the flag.是旗子展开的时候了。
If you shake the sheets out, they will lie flatter.如果你把床单抖开,床单就会铺得更平。
散开,疏散 spread out so as to be less easy to hit shake out
Tell the men to shake out as they cross the field.传令士兵在通过田野时散开。
彻底改组 reorganize sth thoroughly shake sth ⇔ out 用于 be ～ed 结构
The committee needs to be shaken out to get rid of some of the older members.委员会需要彻底改组,以淘汰一些年纪大的委员。
- 晃出,抖出,弄掉 remove sth by shaking shake sth ⇔ out
- shake out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
从…甩掉,抖掉 shake from shake sth out of sth
Wait a minute,I want to shake some of this water out of my boots.等一会儿,我要把靴子里的水往外甩一甩。
使(某人)受到震动而改变(其思维方法等) change (sb) from (a way of thinking) with a shock shake sb out of sth
Violent exercise might help to shake him out of his feeling of self-pity.剧烈运动也许会使他摆脱自怜感。
She needs a strong adviser to shake her out of her usual way of thinking.必须有个强有力的劝说者来打动她,使她改变她那一贯的想法。
- 从…甩掉,抖掉 shake from shake sth out of sth
- shake up (v.+adv.)
摇匀 mix sth such as liquid by shaking; shake a bottle to mix its contents shake sth ⇔ up
Shake up the salad-dressing before you put it on.加色拉调料之前先把它摇匀。
抖松 make (a cushion or pillow) fat and comfortable by shaking shake sth ⇔ up
Mother ran round the room shaking up all the cushions when the door-bell rang.母亲正在屋里跑来跑去忙着抖松所有的坐垫,这时门铃响了。
使战栗,吃惊 give sb a bad shock shake sb ⇔ up
The bad news shook me up.这坏消息使我震惊。
Did that lightning shake you up?那闪电让你受惊了吧?用于 be ～ed 结构
No one was hurt, but many of the passengers were severely shaken up by the accident.那次事故中无人受伤,但许多乘客都吓得胆战心惊。
使振作起来 shock sb into activity shake sb ⇔ up
That lazy boy need shaking up and being made to think for himself.需要使那懒惰的孩子振作起来,促使他为自己想想。
We've got to shake up all these people with old-fashioned ideas.我们得使那些满脑子旧思想的人振作起来。
- 摇匀 mix sth such as liquid by shaking; shake a bottle to mix its contents shake sth ⇔ up
- shake with (v.+prep.)
由于…而发抖 move the body in very quick waves caused by (cold or a strong feeling) shake with sth
Her voice shook with emotion.她的声音激动得发抖。
The children waited outside the school, shaking with cold.孩子们在校门外等待着,冻得直发抖。
The prisoner shook with fear as he faced the court.那囚犯面对法庭时吓得两腿直发抖。
Her hands were shaking with nervousness as she admitted her fault to the group.她向全组人员认错时,紧张得两手直发抖。
- 由于…而发抖 move the body in very quick waves caused by (cold or a strong feeling) shake with sth
- dubious shake 含义不明的摇头
- fair shake 公平交易
- great shake 平凡
- hearty shake 亲切的握手
- impatient shake 不耐烦的摇头
- impressive shake 难忘的握手
- nervous shake 紧张的颤抖
- respectful shake 尊敬的握手
- strong shake 有力的握手
- weary shake 疲倦的摇头
- shake a foot 跳舞
- shake apples 摇下苹果
- shake building 震动楼房
- shake hands 握手
- shake head 摇头
- shake leaves 摇树叶
- shake one's coat 脱去外衣
- shake one's head 摇头
- shake sand 抖沙子
- shake sides 捧腹大笑
- shake snow 抖雪
- shake stick 挥棍子
- shake the bad habit 除去坏习惯
- shake the bad influence 摆脱坏影响
- shake the chair 摇椅子
- shake the company to its foundations 动摇该公司的基础
- shake the dust 抖去尘土
- shake the house 震动房子
- shake the press 摆脱新闻报道
- shake the rain 抖雨水
- shake the sand 抖去沙子
- shake the snow 抖去雪
- shake one's belief 动摇信仰
- shake one's confidence 动摇信心
- shake one's determination 动摇决心
- shake one's religion 动摇宗教信仰
- shake one's testimony 动摇证词
- shake the economy 动摇经济
- shake energetically 使劲地摇
- shake furiously 愤怒地挥动
- shake inwardly 向内摇
- shake quickly 快速地摇动
- shake rudely 粗鲁地摇动
- shake vehemently 使劲地摇
- shake vigorously 大力改组
- shake violently 猛烈震动
- shake warmly 热情地挥动
- shake well 摇匀
- shake away 抖掉
- shake the earth away 抖掉泥土
- shake down 把…摇落下来,适应,敲诈
- shake the fruit down 摇落果实
- shake off 摆脱,抖掉,推掉(责任),抛弃
- shake off a bad habit 改掉坏习惯
- shake off cold 治愈感冒
- shake out 摇开,抖开,抖掉
- shake out a sail 扬帆
- shake up 搅动,摇动,摇匀,使(人)振作
- shake up a bottle of medicine 摇匀药水
- shake up a cushion 抖松靠垫
It seemed to have given a shake to memory, calling up notice after notice.出自：C. Lamb
Jim..gave her hand a very British shake.出自：R. Bagot
A refusal..indicated by a smiling shake of the head.出自：B. Vine
He gave his shoulders a slight shake.出自：A. Tyler
The long light shakes across the lakes.出自：Tennyson
The..pine-forests which shake In the wind.出自：C. S. Calverley
- shake的基本意思是“(使)急速摇动或颠簸”,既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。引申则表示“发抖,打战,发颤”,用作不及物动词; 还可表示“使心绪不宁,烦恼或惊吓”,用作及物动词。
- shake, quake, quiver, rock, shiver, tremble
这组词都可表示由于震动或受刺激而引起的振动或颤抖。其区别是：在表示因寒冷或恐惧而发抖时, shake, tremble, quiver和shiver常可互换。rock和shake强调外界因素所致, quake则强调自身因素引起。在摇动的幅度上, rock>quake>quiver>shiver。在摇动的频率上, shiver>tremble>quiver>rock。在程度上, quake最弱,几乎难以觉察。tremble强调无法克服性,而shiver则强调短暂性。用于指声音时, tremble只表示声音断断续续; quiver则指音调高低或声音强弱方面的颤抖。例如:His hands were trembling〔shaking〕 from cold.他冷得两手直哆嗦。He was quaking〔shivering〕 in his boots at the thought.他一想到这些就怕得发抖。The ground quaked under his feet.大地在他脚下震动。His insides quaked at the thought.想到这一点,他心里就发慌。The pine needles were still quivering.松针还在抖动着。A network of ripples quivered momentarily across the surface of the still pool.顷刻间平静的池面上轻轻地泛起一层涟漪。She tried to steady her fingers, but they quivered uncontrollably.她想稳定住自己的手指,但它们不由自主地抖动不已。The tower rocked under the impact of the hurricane.在飓风袭击下这座高塔摇晃得厉害。The earthquake rocked the house.地震使房屋摇动。He was trembling with rage.他气得发抖。The whole house trembled as the train went by.火车经过时,整座屋子都在震颤。Such thought may make you shiver at first.这种想法一开始会使你心惊肉跳。
- shake, ring
- He is ringing the bell.
- He has shaken the bottle before taking the medicine.
- shake tremble shiver quiver vibrate shudder
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的sceaacn；最初源自原始日耳曼语的skakanan，意为振动，使振动，移开。
- milk shake奶昔
- shake up使改组, 使重组, 使震...
- escape from逃离, 逃脱, 漏出, ...
- shake off摆脱
- throw off抛弃
- shake:《指环王》 就是Apple推出的这款重量极产品的最佳宣传。行业领袖们如此热衷于使用Apple的产品，因为他们通常会考虑选择最有效的解决方案。FinalCutPro帮助Apple搭建了一个可行的电影…