- [C] 摇动,震动,颠簸 act of shaking or being shaken
- [P] 哆嗦,发颤 fit of trembling or shivering
- vt. & vi. (使)急速摇动或颠簸 cause sb/sth to move quickly and often jerkily from side to side or up and down
- vi. 发抖,打战,发颤 (of a person) tremble; quiver; (of sb's voice) become weak or faltering
- vt. 使心绪不宁,烦恼或惊吓 disturb the calmness of sb; trouble or shock sb
building material used as siding or roofing
frothy drink of milk and flavoring and sometimes fruit or ice cream
a note that alternates rapidly with another note a semitone above it
grasping and shaking a person's hand (as to acknowledge an introduction or to agree on a contract)
a reflex motion caused by cold or fear or excitement
causing to move repeatedly from side to side
move or cause to move back and forth;
"The chemist shook the flask vigorously"
"My hands were shaking"
move with or as if with a tremor;
"his hands shook"
shake or vibrate rapidly and intensively;
"The old engine was juddering"
move back and forth or sideways;
"the ship was rocking"
"the tall building swayed"
"She rocked back and forth on her feet"
undermine or cause to waver;
"my faith has been shaken"
"The bad news shook her hopes"
stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of;
"These stories shook the community"
"the civil war shook the country"
get rid of;
"I couldn't shake the car that was following me"
bring to a specified condition by or as if by shaking;
"He was shaken from his dreams"
"shake the salt out of the salt shaker"
shake (a body part) to communicate a greeting, feeling, or cognitive state;
"shake one's head"
"She shook her finger at the naughty students"
"The old enemies shook hands"
"Don't shake your fist at me!"
- Give the bottle a couple of shakes before pouring the juice.
- He shook his head in disapproval.
- His voice shook with fear.
- It's time to shake out the red flag.
- She reached out her hand and offered to shake his.
- When people meet,they shake hands as a token of friendship.
- He finished the bottle of wine in a shake.
- The old man was all of a shake at the news.
- You should give him a fair shake.
- I gave my purse a shake, and a coin fell out.
- She gave the rug a good shake.
- One shake of the stick scared the dog away .
- He gave the child a shake.
- Papa dismissed the idea with a shake of his head.
- He refused my request with a shake of his head.
- The shake of the speaker's hands betrayed his nervousness.
- I began to get the shakes just thinking about the test.
- He has strong shake.
- The president welcomed the visitors with a hearty shake.
- The earth was shaking.
- Why are all the windows shaking?
- We felt the house shaking.
- The house shakes when a train goes by.
- I felt the ship shake and toss.
- The rough road made the cart shake.
- In his anger he grasped the child and shook him violently.
- Don't shake your fist at me.
- He shook salt onto his food.
- The doctor shook her head.
- He refused to shake hands with me, just to spite me in public.
- The two men shook each other by the hand.
- The thief managed to shake the police.
- The experience shook him badly.
- The mining disaster shook the town.
- His mother's death had shaken him dreadfully.
- As magnificent as high mountains and surging rivers, the song shakes the earth.
- The explosion shook the house to its foundations.
- It shook his religious faith seriously.
- A sheet of metal was shaken to simulate the noise of thunder.
- Nuts showered down when the tree was shaken.
- Her head was shaken by the doctor.
- She was too shaken after being assaulted to report the incident to the police.
- This medicine must be shaken before taking.
- My belief, my confidence is shaken.
- They were much shaken at the news.
- The little boy shook himself free of his mother's grasp.
- The dog shook himself dry.
- Vibrations shook the panel loose.
- a fair shake
公正、合理的安排,均等的机会 just or reasonable arrangement; fair chance
- in a couple of shakes〔in two shakes (of a lamb's tail)〕
马上,立刻 in a moment; very soon
- no great shakes
并非很好,不太有效,不怎么适合,没什么了不起 not be very good, efficient, suitable, etc.
- shake down (v.+adv.)
〈主美·口〉彻底搜查 search sth thoroughly
The contents of the packet may shake down in travelling.
袋子里的东西经摇晃会沉到底部。shake sth ⇔ down
You don't have to climb the tree, it may be possible to shake the apples down.
You'll soon shake down in your new job.
你很快就会适应新的工作。shake sb ⇔ down
This looks like a good neighbourhood, we can shake down every small shopkeeper in the street for at least 100 dollars.
这一街区看上去挺不错,从这条街的每一个小店主的身上我们至少可以敲诈100美元。shake sth ⇔ down
The police had to shake down every building in the street before they found the gunman.
- shake off1 (v.+adv.)
摆脱(麻烦,烦恼等),医治好 get rid of, free oneself from trouble, illness, etc.
shake sth ⇔ off
The horse moved its tail to shake off the flies.
Angrily, she shook off his hand.
她生气地甩开他的手。shake sb/sth ⇔ off
After a three-mile chase through the woods, he was able to shake off the police.
By running very hard he managed to shake off his pursuers.
The dog flew at me, but I shook it off.
这狗向我扑来,我躲开它。shake sth ⇔ off
I can't seem to shake off this fever,I've had it all winter.
How am I to shake off a way of thinking that I have had for thirty years?
- shake off2 (v.+prep.)
从…抖掉,甩掉 remove sth from sth by shaking
shake sb/sth off sth
With a violent movement, he shook his attacker off his back.
He stamped his feet to shake the snow off his boots.
The earthquake shook the picture off the wall.
- shake out (v.+adv.)
彻底改组 reorganize sth thoroughly
shake sth ⇔ out
Turning his trousers upside down, she shook out a lot of coins.
I'm trying to shake the dust out.
我正尽力把尘土抖掉。shake sth ⇔ out
Don't forget to shake the pockets out before you take your coat to the cleaner's.
你把上衣送到洗衣店之前,别忘记抖空衣兜。shake sth ⇔ out
It's time to shake out the flag.
If you shake the sheets out, they will lie flatter.
Tell the men to shake out as they cross the field.
传令士兵在通过田野时散开。shake sth ⇔ out
The committee needs to be shaken out to get rid of some of the older members.
- shake out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
使(某人)受到震动而改变(其思维方法等) change (sb) from (a way of thinking) with a shock
shake sth out of sth
Wait a minute,I want to shake some of this water out of my boots.
等一会儿,我要把靴子里的水往外甩一甩。shake sb out of sth
Violent exercise might help to shake him out of his feeling of self-pity.
She needs a strong adviser to shake her out of her usual way of thinking.
- shake up (v.+adv.)
使振作起来 shock sb into activity
shake sth ⇔ up
Shake up the salad-dressing before you put it on.
加色拉调料之前先把它摇匀。shake sth ⇔ up
Mother ran round the room shaking up all the cushions when the door-bell rang.
母亲正在屋里跑来跑去忙着抖松所有的坐垫,这时门铃响了。shake sb ⇔ up
The bad news shook me up.
Did that lightning shake you up?
No one was hurt, but many of the passengers were severely shaken up by the accident.
那次事故中无人受伤,但许多乘客都吓得胆战心惊。shake sb ⇔ up
That lazy boy need shaking up and being made to think for himself.
We've got to shake up all these people with old-fashioned ideas.
- shake with (v.+prep.)
由于…而发抖 move the body in very quick waves caused by (cold or a strong feeling)
shake with sth
Her voice shook with emotion.
The children waited outside the school, shaking with cold.
The prisoner shook with fear as he faced the court.
Her hands were shaking with nervousness as she admitted her fault to the group.
- dubious shake 含义不明的摇头
- fair shake 公平交易
- great shake 平凡
- hearty shake 亲切的握手
- impatient shake 不耐烦的摇头
- impressive shake 难忘的握手
- nervous shake 紧张的颤抖
- respectful shake 尊敬的握手
- strong shake 有力的握手
- weary shake 疲倦的摇头
- shake a foot 跳舞
- shake apples 摇下苹果
- shake building 震动楼房
- shake hands 握手
- shake head 摇头
- shake leaves 摇树叶
- shake one's coat 脱去外衣
- shake one's head 摇头
- shake sand 抖沙子
- shake sides 捧腹大笑
- shake snow 抖雪
- shake stick 挥棍子
- shake the bad habit 除去坏习惯
- shake the bad influence 摆脱坏影响
- shake the chair 摇椅子
- shake the company to its foundations 动摇该公司的基础
- shake the dust 抖去尘土
- shake the house 震动房子
- shake the press 摆脱新闻报道
- shake the rain 抖雨水
- shake the sand 抖去沙子
- shake the snow 抖去雪
- shake one's belief 动摇信仰
- shake one's confidence 动摇信心
- shake one's determination 动摇决心
- shake one's religion 动摇宗教信仰
- shake one's testimony 动摇证词
- shake the economy 动摇经济
- shake energetically 使劲地摇
- shake furiously 愤怒地挥动
- shake inwardly 向内摇
- shake quickly 快速地摇动
- shake rudely 粗鲁地摇动
- shake vehemently 使劲地摇
- shake vigorously 大力改组
- shake violently 猛烈震动
- shake warmly 热情地挥动
- shake well 摇匀
- shake away 抖掉
- shake the earth away 抖掉泥土
- shake down 把…摇落下来,适应,敲诈
- shake the fruit down 摇落果实
- shake off 摆脱,抖掉,推掉(责任),抛弃
- shake off a bad habit 改掉坏习惯
- shake off cold 治愈感冒
- shake out 摇开,抖开,抖掉
- shake out a sail 扬帆
- shake up 搅动,摇动,摇匀,使(人)振作
- shake up a bottle of medicine 摇匀药水
- shake up a cushion 抖松靠垫
It seemed to have given a shake to memory, calling up notice after notice.出自： C. Lamb
Jim..gave her hand a very British shake.出自： R. Bagot
A refusal..indicated by a smiling shake of the head.出自： B. Vine
He gave his shoulders a slight shake.出自： A. Tyler
The long light shakes across the lakes.出自： Tennyson
The..pine-forests which shake In the wind.出自： C. S. Calverley
- shake的基本意思是“(使)急速摇动或颠簸”,既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。引申则表示“发抖,打战,发颤”,用作不及物动词; 还可表示“使心绪不宁,烦恼或惊吓”,用作及物动词。
- shake, quake, quiver, rock, shiver, tremble
- 在表示因寒冷或恐惧而发抖时, shake, tremble, quiver和shiver常可互换。rock和shake强调外界因素所致, quake则强调自身因素引起。在摇动的幅度上, rock>quake>quiver>shiver。在摇动的频率上, shiver>tremble>quiver>rock。在程度上, quake最弱,几乎难以觉察。tremble强调无法克服性,而shiver则强调短暂性。用于指声音时, tremble只表示声音断断续续; quiver则指音调高低或声音强弱方面的颤抖。例如:
- His hands were trembling〔shaking〕 from cold.他冷得两手直哆嗦。
- He was quaking〔shivering〕 in his boots at the thought.他一想到这些就怕得发抖。
- The ground quaked under his feet.大地在他脚下震动。
- His insides quaked at the thought.想到这一点,他心里就发慌。
- The pine needles were still quivering.松针还在抖动着。
- A network of ripples quivered momentarily across the surface of the still pool.顷刻间平静的池面上轻轻地泛起一层涟漪。
- She tried to steady her fingers, but they quivered uncontrollably.她想稳定住自己的手指,但它们不由自主地抖动不已。
- The tower rocked under the impact of the hurricane.在飓风袭击下这座高塔摇晃得厉害。
- The earthquake rocked the house.地震使房屋摇动。
- He was trembling with rage.他气得发抖。
- The whole house trembled as the train went by.火车经过时,整座屋子都在震颤。
- Such thought may make you shiver at first.这种想法一开始会使你心惊肉跳。
- shake, ring
- 这两个词都可译为“摇”,但使用的场合不同, ring只用于摇铃。例如:
- He is ringing the bell.
- He has shaken the bottle before taking the medicine.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的sceacan；最初源自原始日耳曼语的skakanan，意为振动，使振动，移开。
- quiver 颤抖
- tremble 战悚
- quake 震动
- shiver 颤动
- unsettle 使(某人)不安或担忧...
- sway 摇动
- vibrate (使)振动
- rock 岩石
- shudder 战栗
- wobble 摆动
- jolt 震摇
- jerk 急动
- bump 碰撞
- pump 泵
- quaver 颤音
- bounce 弹起
- twitch 急拉
- jar 广口瓶
- agitate 煽动
- jiggle 轻摇
- agitation 激动
- vibration 震动
- tremor 震动
- brandish 挥
- flourish 茂盛
- move 移动
- electrify 通电
- arouse 叫醒
- stir 激起
- upset 心烦的
- funk 恐惧
- milk shake 奶昔
- handshake 握手
- judder 震颤
- handclasp 握手
- handshaking 握手
- waggle 摇动
- wag (狗)摇摆(尾巴)...
- shake up 使改组, 使重组, 使震...
- escape from 逃离, 逃脱, 漏出, ...
- shake off 摆脱
- stimulate 刺激
- excite 使兴奋
- trill 颤声
- shingle 小圆石
- milkshake 奶昔
- throw off 抛弃
- didder 震动