- n. 毛巾；手巾
- v. 用毛巾擦
- [C]毛巾,手巾,纸巾 piece of absorbent cloth or paper for drying oneself or wiping things dry
a rectangular piece of absorbent cloth (or paper) for drying or wiping
wipe with a towel;
"towel your hair dry"
- I dry my hands and face with the towel.
- She mops her tears with a towel.
- We installed a stainless steel towel rail on the wall.
- Sop up the water with a paper towel.
- He toweled himself dry.
- He dried himself on a towel.
- throw in the towel
认输admit that one is defeated
The girls got out of the pool..and began toweling off.出自： M. Crichton
Miller towelled himself..as if he had just emerged from a shower.出自：Times