- n. 茅草；茅草屋顶
- v. 用茅草等盖(屋顶)
- [U](稻草、芦苇等盖的)茅草屋顶 roof covering of straw,reeds,etc.
- [S]浓密的头发 thick hair on sb's head
- vt. 用茅草盖(房子等)的屋顶，用茅草覆盖(屋顶) cover a roof of a building with thatch
hair resembling thatched roofing material
plant stalks used as roofing material
an English pirate who operated in the Caribbean and off the Atlantic coast of North America (died in 1718)
a house roof made with a plant material (as straw)
cover with thatch;
"thatch the roofs"
- The family lived in a thatched cottage before liberation.
- Apart from a new mosque, its buildings are made of mud, stone and thatch.
- They topped off the hut with a straw thatch.
- They are sheltering under the thatch.
- The village hut was thatched with palm leaves.
- He roofed the house with thatch.
- This boy has a thatch of brown hair.
- They're thatching a cottage in the village this week.
His thatch of dark blond hair was..unkempt.出自： K. Roberts
Many..churches are thatched with heath.出自： T. Pennant
- thatcher n. 盖屋顶者‖thatching n. 盖屋顶；盖屋顶的材料‖thatchy adj. 茅屋顶的；像茅屋顶的