- [C][U]提议,建议 a plan or suggestion; act of proposing
- [C]求婚 an offer of marriage
- something proposed (such as a plan or assumption)
- an offer of marriage
- the act of making a proposal;
"they listened to her proposal"
- The manager made a proposal for uniting the two companies.
- Various proposals were put forward by the employees for increasing sales.
They presented concrete proposals for improvement.
It seems a proposal about building a bridge has been made.
The proposal to close the hospital was rejected by a large majority.
My proposal is that we should send a few comrades to help the other groups.
The mother flatly rejected my proposal that she meet her daughter tomorrow.
She had had many proposals but preferred to remain single.
- accept〔approve, consider〕 a proposal 采纳〔批准,考虑〕建议
- agree to sb's proposal 同意某人的建议
- decline〔kill, reject〕 a proposal 谢绝〔否决,拒绝〕建议
- fall in with sb's proposal 同意某人的建议
- make〔offer〕 a proposal to sb 向某人求婚
- present〔put forth〕 a proposal 提出建议
- support〔withdraw〕 a proposal 支持〔收回〕提议
- proposal to reduce taxes 减税的建议
The Lords debated..proposals of peace.出自：J. R. Green
The Government's..proposals to help first-time buyers.出自：Times
Proposals for films based on his novels.出自：A. Bishop
My proposal to repair the bike.
My proposal is that the bike should (shall) be repaired.
- proposal, advice, suggestion
这三个词都可译为“建议”,其区别在于：1.advice是针对某一行动提出的; suggestion针对某一问题,尤其是为解决困难或改进工作提出的; proposal是供他人考虑或采纳提出的。例如：You'd better have legal advice before acting.诉讼之前你最好求教律师。We welcome any suggestion that helps to improve our work.任何有助于改进工作的建议我们都欢迎。His proposal was approved by the committee.他的提议被委员会批准了。2.由于advice一般是来自有识之士或经验之谈,所以多是有价值的; 而suggestion和proposal则不一定正确、有价值。3.suggestion和proposal可以用作可数名词,如a suggestion〔proposal〕一条意见,而advice却不可数,须说a piece of advice。4.suggestion的语气比advice委婉,而proposal则是正式用语。
- advice opinion proposal suggestion recommendation view
错句：his proposals include a weekend in gaol for young offenders。
纠正：he proposed sending young offenders to gaol for a weekend。
- proposal:proposal n. 提议, 建议习惯用语make a proposal (of marriage) 求婚offer proposals for [of] 提出...建议…