- [U]注意,专心,留心 action of applying one's mind to sb/sth or noticing sb/sth
- [P]殷勤,厚待 kind or thoughtful act
- the process whereby a person concentrates on some features of the environment to the (relative) exclusion of others
- the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something;
"no medical care was required"
"the old car needs constant attention"
- a general interest that leads people to want to know more;
"She was the center of attention"
- a courteous act indicating affection;
"she tried to win his heart with her many attentions"
- the faculty or power of mental concentration;
"keeping track of all the details requires your complete attention"
- a motionless erect stance with arms at the sides and feet together; assumed by military personnel during drill or review;
"the troops stood at attention"
- She soon becomes the centre of attention.
- You should focus your attention on your work.
- He didn't pay much attention to his surroundings.
- My mother always lavishes us with attention.
- Spring to attention when the captain enters.
Our attention was held throughout his long talk.
You must give your full attention.
She was convicted of driving without due care and attention.
This letter is for the attention of Mr.Robinson.
It has been brought to my attention.
Attention, please!The bus will leave in ten minutes.
He likes to be the centre of attention.
She turned her attention to a new problem.
If you distract his attention,I'll slip out of the room when he isn't looking.
He's got a very short attention span.
The police should pay more attention to catching criminals.
The company is now turning its attention to the luxury car market.
Close attention is being paid to present movements in the money market.
Old cars need a lot of care and attention to keep them working.
I keep trying to attract the waiter's attention.
He showed his concern for his sick mother by his many little attentions.
She felt embarrassed by his persistent attentions.
- attract sb's attention 引起某人注意
- bring to sb's attention 引起某人的注意
- call attention 注意某事
- catch sb's attention 引起某人注意
- demand attention 要求注意,需要注意
- devote one's attention to 专心
- direct one's attention 提请注意
- draw sb's attention 引起某人注意
- escape attention 逃避注意力,没有被注意
- fix one's attention on 留意,专心于
- get sb's attention 得到某人关注
- give one's attention to 注意到
- have attention 被注意,得到考虑
- hold sb's attention 吸引住某人注意(力)
- invite sb's attention 请某人注意
- pay attention to 注意…
- receive attention 受到注意,得以关注
- turn one's attention to 注意到
- close attention 密切注意
- entire attention 全神贯注
- further attention 进一步的注意
- great attention 特别注意,极大关注
- immediate attention 立即注意
- international attention 国际上的关注
- little attention 不大注意
- medical attention 医药治疗
- national attention 全国的瞩目
- particular attention 特别注意
- personal attention 亲自过问
- popular attention 普遍注意,广泛关注
- public attention 公众的关注
- serious attention 严重的注意
- special attention 特别注意
- with attention 专心,注意地
The tongues of dying men Enforce attention like deep harmony.出自：Richard II,Shakespeare
Brought to my attention three specimens of a mineral.出自：W. Lindgren
I must have weakened my capacity for attention and observation.出自：Day Lewis
Whenever he read anything aloud like this, he acted it straight through, which was why he held the attention of the little children so well.出自：E. Roosevelt
一般来说，要表达引起某人对某事的注意时，用call/draw one's attention to。表示用某事引起某人注意时，用bring the matter to one's attention，注意两者不可倒过来使用。
He wants to call her attention to the matter.
不可以说I want to bring his attention to the matter.
- pay attention to是固定的搭配词组，不可以用其他介词替换，如pay attention on。除了指“注意”，pay attention to还指“向女子献殷勤”，如pay his attentions to the girl.要注意his后的attentions用的是复数形式；
有时候pay attention to后不直接加宾语，而是加动名词，to作为介词。
I advise you to pay more attention to recording new uses of old words.
- 为引起大机关或大商店的某人或某部门注意，在写信时可在称呼语后面或后面的下一行或两行加Attention of ...，如Attention of Accounting Department。
- attention表示“注意”时,是不可数名词; 用作可数名词时,指具体活动,表示“殷勤”“款待”,常用复数形式。
- call sb's attention to sth 或call sth to sb's attention都表示要某人注意某事。bring sb to the attention of sb else表示“某事使某人得到他人的注意”。
- pay attention, pay one's attentions
这两个短语形相近但义不同,前者意为“注意”,而后者表示“献殷勤”“追求”“求婚”。例如:You must pay attention to the teacher.你必须专心听老师讲课。Pay attention while I give you the instructions.我下达命令时你专心听着。Pay no attention to what that drunkard says.不要介意那个酒鬼说话。The newspapers report that at the moment he is paying his attentions to an Italian countess.报纸报导说,他正在追求一位意大利女伯爵。She said she hoped to repay all these nice attentions.她说她希望能回报所有的这些盛情的款待。
误 I told him to keep silent because I wanted to read, but he didn't pay any attention at me.
正 I told him to keep silent because I wanted to read, but he didn't pay any attention to me.
析 要用pay attention to sb/sth,不能用at代替to。
误 The driver of the car was very young and I paid attention that he was drunk.
正 The driver of the car was very young and I noticed that he was drunk.
析 pay attention后不可接that从句。
错句：focus is about bringing attention to the business or businesses that you run.
纠正：focus is about drawing your attention to the business you run.
分析：常用call/draw one's attention to something。
- ☆ 14世纪晚入进英语，直接源自拉丁语的attentionem，意为注意。
- attention:attention n. 注意, 关心, 关注, 注意力, (口令)立正! 英英解释:名词attention:1. the process whereby a person concentrates…