- vt. 用步子测量 measure by taking paces
- vt. & vi. 缓慢而行 walk with slow or regular steps
- [S]步速; 计划进度 rate or speed in walking, running, advance of a plan
- [C]一步,步子 a single step in running or walking
- [S]溜蹄,步法 a way that a horse walks or runs
- the rate of moving (especially walking or running)
- the distance covered by a step;
"he stepped off ten paces from the old tree and began to dig"
- the relative speed of progress or change;
"he lived at a fast pace"
"he works at a great rate"
"the pace of events accelerated"
- a step in walking or running
- the rate of some repeating event
- a unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimeters; originally taken to be the average length of a stride
- walk with slow or fast paces;
"He paced up and down the hall"
- go at a pace;
"The horse paced"
- measure (distances) by pacing;
"step off ten yards"
- regulate or set the pace of;
"Pace your efforts"
- She works so fast that I can't keep pace with her.
- They pace in sleek chivalric certainty.
- The trot is a pace of the horse.
- The lion paced the floor of his cage restlessly.
- He gets up,and begin to pace up and down the room.
- I pace the path and I know how long it is.
The old man was pacing leisurely.
The lion paced the floor of its cage.
She knew how fast she was running, because her trainer was pacing her on a bicycle.
The speed of the machine may be regulated to pace the packing operation.
I cannot walk at that pace.
The work progressed at a slow pace.
She finished only a few paces behind the winner.
The natural paces of the horse include the walk, the trot and the gallop.
- pace about (v.+adv.)
踱来踱去 move restlessly about (a place)
I couldn't sleep, and pace about most of the night. 我睡不着,夜里大部分时间是在来回踱步。
The horse paced about constantly. 马不停地走来走去。
- 踱来踱去 move restlessly about (a place)
- pace along (v.+prep.)
沿…踱步 walk along (a path) or beside (a wall), restlessly or thoughtfully pace along sth
He paced along the shore, deep in thought.他沿着海滩走着,陷入了沉思。
- 沿…踱步 walk along (a path) or beside (a wall), restlessly or thoughtfully pace along sth
- pace around (v.+prep.)
围绕…踱来踱去 move restlessly about (a place) pace around sth
The horse paced around the ring.那匹马在跑马场的四周遛蹄。
She began to pace around the office.她开始在办公室里踱方步。
- 围绕…踱来踱去 move restlessly about (a place) pace around sth
- pace in (v.+prep.)
在…走在前列 move in the front of sth pace sth in sth/v-ing
Guangdong Province has paced the whole nation in the economical reform.广东省在经济改革中走在了全国的前列。
She paces the whole class in studying English industriously.她在刻苦学习英语上给全班同学作出了榜样。
- 在…走在前列 move in the front of sth pace sth in sth/v-ing
- pace off (v.+adv.)
以步子来测量 measure (part of a distance) by walking pace sth ⇔ off
We paced off the distance and found it to be 60 yards.我们用步量了这段距离,发现它有60码。
They paced it off twenty feet.他们用步子测出20英尺的距离。
- 以步子来测量 measure (part of a distance) by walking pace sth ⇔ off
- pace out (v.+adv.)
以步量出…的长度 measure a length (of distance or place) pace sth ⇔ out
The policeman paced out the distance between the car and the post it collided with.警察用脚步量出了汽车与被撞木桩之间的距离。
They paced out the length of the garden.他们用步量出这个花园的长度。
I think the hall is 80 metres long; I'll pace it out.我估计这大厅共有80米长; 我来步测一下。
- 以步量出…的长度 measure a length (of distance or place) pace sth ⇔ out
- pace up and down (v.+adv.)
走来走去 move restlessly about (a place)
Some were reading, some were pacing up and down. 一些人在读书,一些人在来回踱步。
He paced nervously up and down on the platform. 他在站台上情绪不安地走来走去。
The tiger paced up and down in his cage. 老虎在笼中走来走去。
He began to pace up and down in the room. 他开始在屋里踱来踱去。
- 走来走去 move restlessly about (a place)
- keep pace (with)
并驾齐驱,齐头并进move forward, develop or increase at the same rate
She works so fast I cannot keep pace. 她干得很快,我跟不上。
We must keep pace with the new development of modern scientific research. 我们必须跟上现代科学研究的新发展。
- 并驾齐驱,齐头并进move forward, develop or increase at the same rate
- put through sb's paces
测试某人的能力make sb do sth in order to show their abilities put sb through sb's paces
The film director put the young actor through his paces.电影导演测试了一下那位青年演员的演技。
- 测试某人的能力make sb do sth in order to show their abilities put sb through sb's paces
- set the pace
定出速度fix the speed
The faster runner set the pace. 跑得较快的赛跑者定出速度。
起带头作用run, walk, at a fast speed which others try to follow
The Joneses set the pace and their neighbors try to keep up with them. 琼斯一家带了头,邻居们尽力赶上他们。
- 定出速度fix the speed
- show one's paces
显示自己的才能show one's abilities
He must be given the chance to show his paces. 必须给他一个显身手的机会。
- 显示自己的才能show one's abilities
- pace angrily 气呼呼地踱步
- pace excitedly 激动得踱来踱去
- pace quickly 快步踱来踱去
- pace restlessly 焦虑地走来走去
- pace slowly 慢悠悠地踱步
- pace stormily 愤怒地踱步
- pace about 走来走去,来回踱步
- pace back and forth 来回地踱步
- pace off 步测出
- pace off a distance 用步子量出距离
- pace out 步测出
- pace out a room 用步子测出房间的大小
- pace to and fro 来回踱步
- pace up and down 踱来踱去
She took a couple of paces backwards.出自：R. Dahl
Sentinels paced the rounds day and night.出自：Ld Macaulay
The camel paced briskly after the jeep.出自：R. Macaulay
He..was pacing up and down his minute room.出自：J. I. M. Stewart
Illustrations will be confined to..British poets, pace an immigrant..like Yeats.出自：D. Piper
- pace用作名词的基本意思是“步子”,转化为动词意思是“用步子测量”“为…定步速”“缓慢而行”。引申可作“跑在…前面; 为…的标兵”解。
- pace后接副词off表示“用脚步量出一段距离”; 后接副词out表示“用脚步量出全部长度”。
- pace, step
这两个名词均可表示“步”。其区别是：step指脚步提起来放下去,强调动作,有轻重、长短和优美与否之分; 而pace指身体向前移动强调距离,有快慢和从容与否之分。例如:He was so tired that he was unable to take another step.他累得一步也走不动了。A little boy's pace is smaller than a man's pace.小孩的一步比大人的一步小。
- speed rate velocity pace
- step pace
- ☆ 直接源自古法语的aps；最初源自古典拉丁语的apssus，意为一步。
- pace:来源于美国PRTM公司出版的《产品及生命周期优化法》（简称PACE——Product And Cycle-time Excellence）一书，该书中详细描述了这种新的产品开发模式所包含的各个方面。…