- [C] 雕像，塑像 a usually large likeness of a person,animal,etc.,made in solid material such as stone or metal
a sculpture representing a human or animal
- The statue is twice life-size.
- They decided to perpetuate the memory of their leader by erecting a statue.
- The statue was carved out of marble.
- The statue of Jefferson was big as life.
- The statue is a lasting reminder of Churchill's greatness.
- He commissioned a statue of his wife.
- He sat there like a statue.
Statues, trapped in immovable poses.出自： G. Swift
The..formal garden of..paths, statues, small flower beds.出自： R. Godden