- [C] 鞋 sth covering for a person's foot, usually with a stiff sole and not reaching above the ankle
- [C] 煞车瓦,闸瓦 part of a brake that presses against the wheel or its drum
- [C] 蹄铁 horseshoe
- vt. 为…钉蹄铁 fix a shoe on (an animal)
- footwear shaped to fit the foot (below the ankle) with a flexible upper of leather or plastic and a sole and heel of heavier material
- (card games) a case from which playing cards are dealt one at a time
- U-shaped plate nailed to underside of horse's hoof
- a restraint provided when the brake linings are moved hydraulically against the brake drum to retard the wheel's rotation
- furnish with shoes;
"the children were well shoed"
- The shoes are a perfect fit.
- I can feel a nail sticking into my shoe.
- She eased her injured foot into her shoe.
- His horse cast a shoe.
- Your car has worn brake shoes.
- I bent over to put my shoe on the other day and fell off the bench.
Get yourself the right-type of shoes.
Pat took off her left shoe because it was hurting her foot.
These shoes are made of leather.
I had my shoes shined just before I came.
Not wanting to be left at a loose end, the retired worker volunteered to repair shoes for the neighbourhood.
I don't like walking around in my shoes when I'm at home.
How much do you charge for mending a pair of shoes?
Brake shoes make contact the inside of the drum.
The horse has cast a shoe.
In the wedding ceremony, many of his friends came to cast a shoe after him.
It was to put the shoe on the other foot.
She was quaking in her number three shoes for fear of being caught.
I'm not afraid of anybody that walks in shoe leather.
A man who shoes horses is called a farrier.
- fill sb's shoes
接替某人的职位 take the place of another and do as well
You'll never be able to fill your father's shoes. 你永远无法接替父亲的职位。
When Jack got hurt, the coach had nobody to fill his shoes. 杰克受伤后,教练找不到适当的人选来接替他。
- 接替某人的职位 take the place of another and do as well
- in sb's shoes
处于某人的地位〔境地〕,设身处地 in sb else's position
If I were in his shoes I'd ask for more money. 如果我处于他的地位,我会要更多钱。
Put yourself in my shoes for a minute, what would you do? 你若处于我的那种情况,哪怕只有一分钟!你会怎样?
- 处于某人的地位〔境地〕,设身处地 in sb else's position
- lick sb's shoes
〈非正〉巴结,奉承 cringe before sb, abject or servile
A wise king would not want his friends and officials to lick his shoes. 一个明智的国王不会让他的朋友和官员们卑躬屈膝的。
She wanted her boyfriend to lick her shoes all the time. 她想让她的男朋友总是对她俯首帖耳。
- 〈非正〉巴结,奉承 cringe before sb, abject or servile
- step into sb's shoes
接替(某人)的职务 fill the place of sb
After graduation John stepped into his father's shoes to become a lawyer. 约翰毕业后,便继承了他父亲的衣钵,当了一名律师。
Mandy has done very well since she stepped into the manager's shoes. 自从曼迪接替了经理的职位后,她干得非常出色。
- 接替(某人)的职务 fill the place of sb
- where the shoe pinches
困难所在 where the difficulty or hardship lies
We can't do anything about it before we first find out where the shoe pinches. 在发现困难所在之前,我们无法处理。
The coach said he wasn't worried about any position except quarterback; that was where the shoe pinches. 教练员说除前场与中场的位置以外,他不担心其他别的位置; 前场与中场的位置是困难所在。
- 困难所在 where the difficulty or hardship lies
- shoe with (v.+prep.)
用…做鞋; 用…钉蹄铁 give sb/sth a shoe with sth shoe sth with sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
It's best for children's feet to be shod with genuine leather.最好用真皮革为孩子做鞋。
All the horses must be shoed with new horseshoes for the show.所有的马都必须钉上新蹄铁参加马展。
- 用…做鞋; 用…钉蹄铁 give sb/sth a shoe with sth shoe sth with sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
- brush shoes 刷鞋,擦鞋
- buy shoes 买鞋
- cast a shoe 掉了一块马蹄铁
- change one's shoes 换鞋
- clean shoes 把鞋刷干净
- dust off one's shoes 把鞋上的尘土掸掉
- fill one's shoes 就位
- get on one's shoes 穿鞋
- manufacture shoes 制造鞋
- mend shoes 修鞋
- polish shoes 擦亮皮鞋
- pull off shoes 脱鞋
- put on shoes 穿鞋
- shine shoes 给鞋打油
- slip shoes off 脱掉鞋
- take off shoes 脱鞋
- throw a shoe 掉了一块马蹄铁
- wear shoes 穿着鞋
- fill in sb's shoes 填补某人的空缺
- shake in one's shoes 两腿直打哆嗦
- stand in sb's shoes 取得某人的位置,设身处地
- step into sb's shoes 接替某人的位置
- beautiful shoes 好看的鞋
- comfortable shoes 很舒适的鞋
- dry shoes 干鞋
- everyday shoes 平时穿的鞋
- left shoe 左脚穿的鞋
- light shoes 轻便鞋
- low-heeled shoes 低跟鞋
- muddy shoe 沾满泥巴的鞋
- pointed shoes 尖头鞋
- right shoe 右脚穿的鞋
- thick-soled shoes 厚底鞋
- thin-soled shoes 薄底鞋
- tight shoes 紧脚的鞋
- wet shoes 湿鞋
- canvas shoes 帆布鞋
- cloth shoes 布鞋
- cotton shoes 棉鞋
- felt shoes 毡鞋
- leather shoes 皮鞋
- rain shoes 雨靴
- rubber shoes 胶鞋
- tennis shoes 网球鞋
- walking shoes 轻便鞋
- work shoes 工作鞋
- a pair of shoes 一双鞋
- shoe horses 为马钉蹄铁
- shoe的基本意思是“鞋”,是可数名词。“一双鞋”是a pair of shoes, shoe多用于复数形式。
- shoe, boot
这两个词都含有“鞋”的意思。其区别在于:boot多指用橡皮或皮革制成的长筒靴; 而shoe则是鞋的总称,可笼统地指各类鞋。例如:I put on my fur coat and boots.我穿上了皮袄和靴子。The shoes are a perfect fit.这双鞋穿着很合脚。
误 Please take off your shoe.
正 Please take off your shoes.
误 I don't like these shoes.Will you show me another one?
正 I don't like these shoes.Will you show me another pair?
误 Put on your socks and shoes.
正 Put on your shoes and socks.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的soch，意为鞋子。
- Mary Janes有搭扣带的低跟女鞋...
- carpet slipper用绒毡做的室内男用拖鞋...
- supplant 取代
- ballet shoes芭蕾舞鞋
- running shoe架模靴
- brake shoe闸瓦, 刹车制动片...
- SHOE:Simple HTML Ontology Extensions简单的HTML本体延伸
- SHOE:Southeastern Horseshoers on Education (formerly Carolinas Chapter of the Brotherhood of Working Farriers Association)Horseshoers东南部(原名卡对教育的工作Farriers手足协会)
- SHOE:Shielded Holder of Electronics (SCAMP terminal component)电子屏蔽持有人调皮的终端组成
- shoe:shoe n. 鞋, 鞋子v. 穿...鞋 英英解释:名词shoe:1. footwear shaped to fit the foot (below the ankle) with a flexib…