one of a pair of planks used to make a track for rolling or sliding objects
a restraint provided when the brake linings are moved hydraulically against the brake drum to retard the wheel's rotation
an unexpected slide
slide without control;
"the car skidded in the curve on the wet road"
elevate onto skids
apply a brake or skid to
move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner;
"the wheels skidded against the sidewalk"
- The lorry went into a skid and crashed into the barrier.
- The skid marks on the road showed how fast the car had been travelling.
- His career hit the skids.
- Her life is now on the skids.
- The brakes locked, causing the car to skid.
- I tried to brake and we skid into the ditch.
- skid row 贫民窟, 棚户区...
- skid road 滑道
- skid fin 附翼(机翼
- skid derrick 滑动式起重机...
- cutterbar skid 切割器滑脚
- landing skid 降落橇,着陆橇...
- skid shoe 滑靴,制动铁鞋...
- electrode skid 电极滑移
- receiving skid 受料格栅
- skid force 溜滑力,滑移力...
- skid trail 集材道
- skid platform 滑台
- skid rail 炉底滑管
- skid wire 滑线
- skid pipe 炉底滑管,滑道管...
- skid resistance 抗滑(抗滑力...
- side skid 横滑,侧向滑板...
- skid potentiometer 防侧滑电位计...
- tail skid 尾撬
- skid-pan 转向试验场
The car moved off, the wheels skidding a little in the mud.出自： V. Canning
He skidded to a stop.出自： G. Tindall
A car skidded on an icy road and hit a child.出自： A. Taylor