- Surface Acoustic Wave，表面声波
- vt. & vi. 锯 cut with a saw; make (boards, etc.) with a saw; use a saw
- vt. & vi. 往复移动 move backward and forward
- a condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people
- hand tool having a toothed blade for cutting
- a power tool for cutting wood
- cut with a saw;
"saw wood for the fireplace"
- You need a powerful saw to cut through metal.
- They are sawing a log into planks.
- She tried to saw off a dead branch from the tree.
- The little boy saws on a violin impatiently.
John is sawing.
Soft woods saws easily.
Pine wood saws more easily than oak.
Let's saw this tree.
She was busy sawing the wood.
The boys sawed a hole in the ice so that they could fish.
Would you saw me a piece of board two inches by one?
Would you like to saw a tree for me?
- saw away (v.+adv.)
不断地锯 saw continuously saw away
He sawed away till he got tired.他一直锯到累了才停下来。
锯去 remove by sawing saw sth ⇔ away
I sawed the branch away.我把那根树枝锯掉了。
- 不断地锯 saw continuously saw away
- saw down (v.+adv.)
锯倒 cause (a tree) to fell by using a sharp-toothed cutting tool saw sth ⇔ down
We shall have to saw the old tree down.我们必须把这棵老树锯倒。用于 be ～ed 结构
He told us that these trees had to be sawn down.他对我们说,这些树必须锯倒。
- 锯倒 cause (a tree) to fell by using a sharp-toothed cutting tool saw sth ⇔ down
- saw into (v.+prep.)
把…锯成… cut (sth such as wood) into (pieces) with a sharp-toothed tool saw sth into sth
We sawed the log into planks.我们把木头锯成了木板。
If you can saw the branches into equal lengths of wood, we shall make a bigger profit.如果你能把这些树杈锯成同样长度的木段,我们获利会更大一些。
- 把…锯成… cut (sth such as wood) into (pieces) with a sharp-toothed tool saw sth into sth
- saw off (v.+adv.)
锯去,锯掉 remove part of (sth) with or as with a sharp-toothed tool saw sth ⇔ off
She tried to saw off a dead branch from a tree.她试图把树上的枯枝锯掉。用于 be ～ed 结构
That dead branch ought to be sawn off.应该把那个枯枝锯掉。
- 锯去,锯掉 remove part of (sth) with or as with a sharp-toothed tool saw sth ⇔ off
- saw up (v.+adv.)
锯成小块 cut (usually wood) into pieces, using a sharp-toothed tool saw sth ⇔ up
He has already sawn the branches up; now we have plenty of firewood.他已把树枝锯成一段一段的,现在我们有足够的柴火了。
Get the carpenter to saw the wood up to your requirements.让木匠按你的要求把木料锯成小块。
He sawed the tree up for firewood.他把那棵树锯成一小块一小块的木柴。
- 锯成小块 cut (usually wood) into pieces, using a sharp-toothed tool saw sth ⇔ up
Trees were cut down and sawn into planks.出自：J. A. Froude
Sawing..bacon in half with a blunt knife.出自：G. Vidal
He took out a knife..and threatened to saw my head off.出自：D. Jacobson
- saw的读音有两种,即 ［sɔː］ 和 ［s］ 。
- saw还可用作名词,意思是“锯”“格言,谚语”。例如:The saw is very sharp.这把锯非常锋利。“Practice makes perfect.” is an old saw.“熟能生巧”是一句古老的谚语。
- cutting tool切削刀具
- circular saw圆锯
- band saw带锯,带锯机...
- keyhole saw铨孔锯,键孔锯,栓孔锤...
- cutting instrument[医] 切器
- crosscut saw用以横锯木料的锯...
- coping saw(锯曲线用的)弓锯...
- dispart <古>分离
- compart 分隔
- old saying谚语
- catch phrase吸引人的词句...
- power saw[机]动力锯
- saw:saw n. 锯v. 锯vbl. see的过去式…