- [C] [U] 卖,出售,销售 selling or being sold; act of selling sth
- [P] 销售额,销售量 amount sold
- [C] 廉售,贱卖 occasion when goods are sold at lower prices than usual
- [U] 销路,市场需求 desire to buy goods; demand
- a particular instance of selling;
"he has just made his first sale"
"they had to complete the sale before the banks closed"
- the general activity of selling;
"they tried to boost sales"
"laws limit the sale of handguns"
- an occasion (usually brief) for buying at specially reduced prices;
"they held a sale to reduce their inventory"
"I got some great bargains at their annual sale"
- the state of being purchasable; offered or exhibited for selling;
"you'll find vitamin C for sale at most pharmacies"
"the new line of cars will soon be on sale"
- an agreement (or contract) in which property is transferred from the seller (vendor) to the buyer (vendee) for a fixed price in money (paid or agreed to be paid by the buyer);
"the salesman faxed the sales agreement to his home office"
- The law forbids the sale of alcohol to people under 18.
- The local dress shop is having a sale.
- Is this shampoo on sale today?
The money was raised by the sale of raffle tickets.
The law forbids the sale of alcohol to people under 18.
I told her how marvellous the new product was, and I soon made a sale.
I haven't made a sale all week.
She gets ￡10 commission on each sale.
Sales of electric heaters have increased.
We're hoping for large sales for our new product.
The shop's sales grew by 140％ a year in the first five years.
This shirt was a bargain— only ￡10 in a sale.
Our school is having a book sale next week.
Have the January sales started yet?
Don't buy that hat now, wait for the sales.
There's always a ready sale for high-quality furniture.
They found no sale for their goods.
There's no sale for watches of that kind nowadays.
Will there be any sale for these goods in this season?
They bought a lot of sale goods yesterday.
She is the sales manager of this department.
- for sale
待售 intended to be sold
There's a “For Sale” sign outside their house. 他们那所房子外面有一块写着“待售”字样的牌子。
I'm sorry this painting's not for sale. 很抱歉,这幅画是非卖品。
Have you any pictures for sale? 你有画片卖吗?
- 待售 intended to be sold
- on sale
有售,上市 available to be boughtThe new model is not on sale.这种款式尚未上市。
The latest model of this video recorder is now on sale in our shops. 这种最新型号的录像机目前正在我们商店中出售。
There are many houses on sale but few for rent. 有很多房屋出售,但提供出租的却很少。
- 廉价出售 being offered at a reduced priceThis ten-dollar hat is now on sale for five.10美元一顶的帽子现在减价卖5美元。
- 有售,上市 available to be boughtThe new model is not on sale.这种款式尚未上市。
- sale or return
卖不出去可以退货,托售,寄售 supplied to a seller in such a way that the seller pays only for what he or she sells, and can send the rest back
The newspapers are supplied to the shop on a sale or return basis. 报纸是以剩货包退的方式批发给商店去卖的。
- 卖不出去可以退货,托售,寄售 supplied to a seller in such a way that the seller pays only for what he or she sells, and can send the rest back
- advertise the sale of sth 为出售某物做广告
- arrange the sale 安排出售
- attain a sale of 达到…的销量
- command a ready sale 获得畅销
- conduce a sale 进行拍卖
- conduct a sale 进行廉价出售
- control the sale 控制销售
- find a sale 找到销路
- forbid the sale 禁止出售
- have a ready sale 获得畅销
- hold a sale 进行拍卖
- hurt the sale 影响销售
- increase sales 增加销售额
- make a sale 做一桩买卖
- promote the sale 促进销售
- push the sale 促进销售
- reach a sale of 达到…的销量
- run a sale 进行拍卖
- stimulate the sale 刺激销售
- advance sale 预售
- annual sales 年销售量
- average sales 平均销售额
- dull sale 滞销
- good sale 好销路
- great sale 好销路
- large sales 销量很大
- net sales 纯销售额
- poor sale 销售不好
- quick sales and small profits 薄利多销
- vast sales 极大的销量
- wide sale 广阔的销路
- world-wide sale 世界范围的销售
- cash sale 现金交易
- end-of-season sale 季末降价销售
- exhibition sale 展销
- yard sale 庭院拍卖
- fire sale 火灾中损坏物品的减价出售
- garage sale 车库拍卖
- lawn sale 草坪拍卖
- summer sale 夏季大减价
- winter sale 冬季大减价
- sales check 销售发票
- sales department 营业部
- sale goods 廉价货
- sales literature 商品销售说明书
- sales manager 销售经理
- sale prices 廉价
- sales programme 销售计划
- sales slip 销售小票
- buy goods at the sales 减价期间购物
- for sale 出售
- house for sale 待售的房子
- put sth up for sale 为…作出售广告
- dull of sale 滞销
- on sale 出售
- on sale or return 无法销售可以退货
A substantial increase in the sales of filter-tip cigarettes.出自：Times
Most countries have banned the sale of irradiated food.出自：New Scientist
- sale常用于for sale和on sale短语中,前者意为“待售”,后者意为“上市”“减价销售”。
- for sale, on sale
这两个短语的共同意思是“出售”。其区别是：for sale往往用来指出售自己的物品或代销别人的物品; 而on sale没有这种限制,只表示“有售”,使用广泛,相当于on the market。试比较:
- This is my bicycle for sale.
- Pear has been on sale.
- I got this hat on sale.
- I got this hat at a sale.
- I bought this hat in a sale.
误 These apples are on sale.
正 These apples are for sale.
误 Is the used car on sale?
正 Is the used car for sale?
误 A large number of classical literary works of Western Europe are for sale in the bookstore.
正 A large number of classical literary works of Western Europe are on sale in the bookstore.
误 Will the new product be for sale as early as next month?
正 Will the new product be on sale as early as next month?
析 on sale和for sale都可以表示“出售的”。for sale的确切含义是“待售”,表示个人行为,通常由物主或代理人经手,且常作为广告张贴用语; on sale通常指商店等出售。
误 Today's sale was larger than yesterday's.
正 Today's sales were larger than yesterday's.
误 Tomato soup that is usually sold at twelve cents a can is now for sale for eight cents.
正 Tomato soup that is usually sold at twelve cents a can is now on sale for eight cents.
析 当表示“削价出售”时,美式英语用on sale,不用for sale。
误 He works in the sale department of a company.
正 He works in the sales department of a company.
析 当sale作名词的定语时,我们常用其复数形式sales,如sales manager等。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的sala；最初源自原始日耳曼语的salo，意为一买次卖。
- sale:sale n. 出售, 卖出, 贱卖, 廉价出售, 销路, 销售额习惯用语bring-and -buy sale (为筹募基金所举行的)义卖for [on] sale 待售; 出售; 上市garage…