- [C] 薪水 fixed regular (usually monthly) payment to employees doing other than manual or mechanical work
something that remunerates;
"wages were paid by check"
"he wasted his pay on drink"
"they saved a quarter of all their earnings"
- His money comes mainly from salary.
- I want to speak to her in the matter of my salary.
- Don't worry about him, he will be salaried by a big company.
- Like those who work for government or nonprofit organizations, they are salaried rather than paid a fee.
- It is a company paying good salaries.
- He draws his salary at the end of every month.
- He was engaged at a salary of $1000 a month.
- They signed a salary agreement.
At the end of April Steuart left..though remaining on salary until September.出自： H. Rosenthal
The..project ensured her a salary of three pounds a week.出自： C. Harman
- salary, pay, wages
- He lived on his salary.他靠薪水生活。
- The company pays good salary.这个公司的薪金高。
- His regular salary doesn't come to much, but he gets bonuses too.他的固定薪水并不高,但他还有奖金。
- Her wages are one hundred dollars a week.她的工资为每周100美元。
- He takes his wages home to his wife every Friday.他每星期五把工资带回家交给妻子。
- ☆ 13世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的salaire，意为工资；最初源自拉丁语的salarium，意为薪水。