- [C]尺,直尺 straight strip of wood, plastic, metal, etc. used for measuring or for drawing straight lines
- [C]统治者,支配者 person who rules or governs
a person who rules or commands;
"swayer of the universe"
measuring stick consisting of a strip of wood or metal or plastic with a straight edge that is used for drawing straight lines and measuring lengths
- The ruler is divided into centimetres.
- He reminded me not to forget to bring my ruler.
- The colonists revolted against their British ruler.
- The chairman is only the nominal ruler of the country.
- Draw a line with a ruler.
- I don't draw straight lines without a ruler.
- Is this ruler graduated in centimetres?
- Reach over my shoulder and you can pick up the ruler from the table.
- This ruler has one scale in centimetres and another in inches.
- The ruler abdicated himself from the government.
- A wise ruler is generous in victory.
- He was once a potent ruler.
- The queen of England is a hereditary ruler.
- He became that country's ruler both in name and in reality.
- Her brother is the king, but she is the effective ruler.
- He was the ruler of the country.
- In Greek mythology,Zeus was the ruler of Gods and men.
- His ambition became the ruler of his life.
- brilliant ruler 卓越的统治者
- efficient ruler 能干的统治者
- folding ruler 折尺
- irresponsible ruler 不负责任的统治者
- strong ruler 强有力的统治者
- weak ruler 软弱的统治者
- the ruler of life 支配生活
The principal aim of rulers..was to keep their subjects quiet.出自： C. S. Lewis
- ruler, rule