- n. 铅笔；笔状物
- vt. 用铅笔写
- [C]铅笔,彩色铅笔 a narrow pointed usually wooden instrument used for writing or drawing, containing a thin stick of a black or coloured material
- [C]光线锥 a narrow beam (of light) beginning from or ending in a small point
a thin cylindrical pointed writing implement; a rod of marking substance encased in wood
graphite (or a similar substance) used in such a way as to be a medium of communication;
"the words were scribbled in pencil"
"this artist's favorite medium is pencil"
a figure formed by a set of straight lines or light rays meeting at a point
a cosmetic in a long thin stick; designed to be applied to a particular part of the face;
"an eyebrow pencil"
write, draw, or trace with a pencil;
"he penciled a figure"
- He erases pencil marks.
- My pencil is blunt, could you lend me a knife to sharpen it?
- I noted down his telephone number with a pencil near the telephone.
- He took a pencil flashlight out of his pocket.
- He penciled down his name on a piece of paper.
- He revolved the pencil between his fingers.
- Annie took out her drawing pad and pencil to dash off a sketch of the Indians.
- Pens and pencils are writing utensils.
- My pencil's blunt. Can I borrow your sharpener?
- She likes to use pencils with fine points; I don't.
- That is a pencil of rays.
- coloured pencil 彩色铅笔
- mechanical pencil 自动铅笔
- metallic pencil 金属笔
- red pencil 红铅笔
- sharp pencil 尖铅笔
- sharpened pencil 削尖的铅笔
- pencil box 铅笔盒
She snatched up a pencil..and scribbled on the top of the title page.出自： C. Brayfield
The artist had made two pencil drawings of him.出自：Antiquaries Journal
The minister..pencilled his eyebrows and used women's face powder.出自： A. Djoleto
- with a pencil, in pencil
- 1.with pencil强调“工具”; in pencil强调“材料”或“状态”。例如:
- He is drawing a cat with a pencil.他在用铅笔画猫。
- Shall I sign the paper in pencil?我应该用铅笔签署这个文件吗?
- 2.with a pencil在句中通常只用作状语,而in pencil除作状语外,还可作后置定语。例如:
- She gave me her photo, with a few words in pencil on its back.她把她的照片给了我,背后有几个铅笔字。
- 3.在介词with后pencil可用单数形式,前面加不定冠词a,也可用复数形式; 但在介词in后pencil则不可有复数形式,且无不定冠词。例如:
- All the corrections are made in red pencil.所有的修改都是用红笔写的。
- Mary colored her picture with pencils.玛丽用彩色铅笔给她的图画上色。