- [C]障碍(物),妨碍 sth which prevents action, movement, or success
something immaterial that stands in the way and must be circumvented or surmounted;
"lack of imagination is an obstacle to one's advancement"
"the poverty of a district is an obstacle to good education"
"the filibuster was a major obstruction to the success of their plan"
an obstruction that stands in the way (and must be removed or surmounted or circumvented)
- Lack of education is an obstacle of success.
- This is the chief obstacle to world peace.
- He took every obstacle in his stride.
- Overstaffing has become the obstacle for reforms.
- Can you smooth away the obstacle on the road?
- The huge tree that had been blown down by the storm was an obstacle to traffic.
- Lack of education is an obstacle to success.
- When short waves are sent out and meet an obstacle, they are reflected.
- She felt that her family was an obstacle to her work.
- clear away〔remove〕 obstacles 排除障碍
- come across〔encounter, meet〕 an obstacle 遇到障碍
- constitute〔overcome, take〕 obstacles 构成〔克服,越过〕障碍
- install an obstacle 设置障碍
- overleap obstacles 越过障碍物
- chief obstacle 主要障碍
- natural obstacle 天然障碍
- serious obstacle 严重的障碍
- tremendous obstacle 巨大的障碍
- unexpected obstacle 没预料到的障碍
- obstacle to 对…的障碍
Drunkenness was as much of an obstacle to enlightenment as lack of education.出自： M. Girouard
Her racial background need pose no obstacle to advancement.出自：Independent
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古法语的obstacle，意为反对；最初源自拉丁语的obstaculum，意为障碍。